Game 3 @ COL

13 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Was pretty shocked to see Lowry and Appleton as the first 2 forwards on the ice in OT….  Didn’t like it, but it worked out.

I have no issue putting Lowry out there anytime, any place. He's your tone setter... Nobody gives more effort at all times than him. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I have no issue putting Lowry out there anytime, any place. He's your tone setter... Nobody gives more effort at all times than him. 

It's cuz him and Appleton can play D and did a good job shutting down Mackinnon all night really. 

Scheif and Connor need to wake up tho and stop taking minute long shifts 

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I’m a big Lowry fan too, but seeing him in OT was surprising.  At first I thought maybe he was just out there to win the draw and get possession.

It was an interesting decision because you generally don’t play those 2 thinking they will go out and score, so you’re basically putting them out there to defend… Which could be interpreted as playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win.

I’m not for it or against it, necessarily, but it was a bold choice by Arniel and I’m glad it worked for him.

Apples had been having a great gaje to that point. It was a nice tip of the cap to him, to get placed on the top line to start the game and he lived up to the expectations, I thought, which earned him a spot in OT. I have no problems with the decision and don't think it was THAT surprising. Send out the guys who will **** down that top unit for COL and let them hustle their way into a scoring opportunity, which is exactly wjay happened. "Apple Turnover" (heh) back the other way and goal. Hustle won that game. 

I'd be shocked if the plan wasn't ok get the puck from Mack and then change. But they got a chance on a great play by Apples to start and pionk buried it 

Thought the Jets were the better team for 45 minutes.  Avs had a few moments where they absolutely took over but... it's the Avs so you expect that. Jets played well. If that effort shows up more often, I think we are playoff bound as minny don't look that great this year early. MaF looks done. 

On to Vegas  

Big save Dave tonight