2021 NHL Playoffs

wild beat golden knights 1  to 0 ot deflection of D man skate goal.

minneapolis needs sports hope.

hfboards jets is also full of Jets negativity. to the point of being a boring site unfortunately.

Edited by Mark F

Habs given permission to host 2500 fans at The Bell Centre starting May 28th...wow. Man that seems insane to me, but as a CFL fan, that's exciting to think about. Fans in stadiums is way safer than fans in arenas... 

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

watched a few other games.

its just a casual impression, but other playoff teams seem to be more determined than the jets.

Yeah, I'd agree... the fact that they're playing games, and the Jets can't eve be bothered to start their series until tonight proves to me that they just don't care as much as everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I'd agree... the fact that they're playing games, and the Jets can't eve be bothered to start their series until tonight proves to me that they just don't care as much as everyone else. 

jets played a few games before tonight, you missed them I see.

oh, forgot, going to flip the switch!

always good to go with sarcasm right?

anyway its allmgood,for you since you were an oilers fan a few years ago,  then somehow became jets fan, and most recently a jets/oilers fan, self proclaimed.

cant lose this series!

Edited by Mark F

27 minutes ago, Mark F said:

anyway its allmgood,for you since you were an oilers fan a few years ago,  then somehow became jets fan, and most recently a jets/oilers fan, self proclaimed.

cant lose this series!

Since you missed the point of his sarcasm, let me reiterate. Saying other teams who are now playing playoff hockey seem more determined when compared to the Jets who have not yet played, and trying to equate playoff hockey intensity to what the Jets showed in meaningless end of season games to establish that they look more hungry comes off as just an excuse to bash the team and complain for the sake of complaining. Come back with that gripe once they actually finish game 1 and 2. 

51 minutes ago, Mark F said:

cant lose this series!

You mean the games where they had playoffs locked up? Those ones? I wonder why the intensity may have been lacking...

also just to clarify, I think the Jets get swept.

Edited by Bigblue204

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Since you missed the point of his sarcasm

good of you to volunteer as an interpreter for us slow folk, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You mean the games where they had playoffs locked up? T

yeah the ones where they looked like dog poop. always good to have a ten game losing streak just before playoffs, right? and the players that couldnt score seemed quite relaxed about. right? and the defnsive blunders, two on ones, breakaways.... nothing to worry about there.

what me worry.

remind me again the jets oilers series record this season, and kindly explain how things will change. or did the jets not want to win those games either?

its fine to be hopeful, but silly to ignore reality.

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

good of you to volunteer as an interpreter for us slow folk, thanks.

yeah the ones where they looked like dog poop. always good to have a ten game losing streak just before playoffs, right? and the players that couldnt score seemed quite relaxed about. right? and the defnsive blunders, two on ones, breakaways.... nothing to worry about there.

what me worry.

remind me again the jets oilers series record this season, and kindly explain how things will change. or did the jets not want to win those games either?

its fine to be hopeful, but silly to ignore reality.

I'm guessing you just don't understand basic English or didn't read the other sentence in my post. I don't think this series will be different then the regular season one. well maybe different in the Jets not winning a single game.

I feel like you (assuming your an adult sports fan) should know by now that regular season play and Playoff play are two different things. Teams that have no business winning in the playoffs do...often. 

Also they broke the losing streak...the only streak they were on going into the playoffs was a winning streak. If you're worried about games that aren't the last game or the next, why not make yourself feel better by focusing on the early season success or mid season success...? Those games are just as relevant to the late season bed shitting. 

what you worry.

No one is ignoring reality. You compared a couple playoff games to regular season (nothing left to play for) games. If you can't see why they shouldn't be/can't be compared I don't know what to tell you. Keep on worrying I guess.

48 minutes ago, Mark F said:

i was wrong.

looks like they  were coasting thenlast while.

They were a bit snakebit in some games, got goalied in a few, and had a couple of stickers for sure. They were never as bad as the 1-9 record would indicate, and never as good as the 27-13 record before that would suggest. But this is fandom, where relevant concern and criticism can come off as doom and gloom, and the counterpoint can come off as blind allegiance and refusal to see reality. And neither stance is quite right. But good on you for not doubling down. And it was only one game. Measured confidence is appropriate, and there are still things to clean up. But I am enjoying all the media experts backtracking a bit on the “McDavid and the 7-2 regular season Oilers will steamroll” storyline. Best not to argue with each other when the rest of the hockey world is already mostly dismissive of us. Let’s all just bask in the glow of a nice win for one day. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yah, not blaming Perry for that. Think Foligno's an idiot.

Reminded of the quote from A Few Good Men: “This code of honour of yours makes me want to beat the $#!t out of someone!”

Refs should have given Foligno the instigator, even if Perry dropped the gloves first. Getting tired of players having to “answer” for clean hits and accidents.