Travis Rudolph / ALM / BLM

The Black teenager who recorded the now-infamous video of Derek Chauvin pressing his knee on George Floyd's neck for nearly 10 minutes last May is being hailed as a hero following the former Minneapolis police officer's conviction on murder and manslaughter charges.

Darnella Frazier, who was 17 at the time, testified during the trial that she has spent nights apologizing to Floyd for "not doing more."

When I look at George Floyd, I look at my dad, my brothers, my cousins, my uncles, because they are all Black," Frazier said from the witness stand. "I look at how that could have been one of them."

https://www.npr.org/sections/trial-over-killing-of-george-floyd/2021/04/21/989480867/darnella-frazier-teen-who-filmed-floyds-murder-praised-for-making-verdict-possib

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Lots of credit and kudos to the Minnesota department of justice, the judge, jury, and prosecuting  team. They did it right and he got what he deserved. He can spend the next 22 years terrified of who is around the next corner or coming up behind him.

My guess- Unless he gets special treatment, it won't be that long before the guy around the corner comes.