The RIP 2020 Thread

iHeart

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

https://tvline.com/2020/11/29/david-prowse-darth-vader-actor-dies-star-wars/

Something I actually found on twitter. I always thought the guy in the Vader suit was probably a pretty damn good mime but that's not the case

Apparently Prowse thought he could voice Vader as well as or better than Jones. He was told his voice would be dubbed over, and did not take it well, so all through the scenes, he mumbled gibberish. The other actors took it well and humoured him, though it was sometimes difficult to know which lines they ought to be reciting.

Edited by Tracker

Hugh Keays-Byrne, an unsung hero of Aussie cinema, has passed away at age 73. I'm continually floored that he played Toecutter, the central antagonist of 1979's MAD MAX *and* Immortan Joe, the central antagonist 2015's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. Thanks for all the entertainment, sir.

https://twitter.com/tedgeoghegan/status/1334197878915538944/photo/1

that's like 5 voice actors from A Bug's Life that have passed on now 

I still remember back in the spring when ABC was airing a special about Garry Marshall and he was one of the people being interviewed and it seemed that he was connected to a breathing device or something, I mean I knew he had been sick for a very long time (he was diagnosed with MS the same day Andy Kaufman died)

Can't believe that Lenny and Shirley are the last ones standing

26 days left to go this year

Edited by iHeart

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Ya wtf. This one actually gets me more than most. The president in 5th element, the cool af Islamic guy on the prisoner boat in the dark knight, plenty of voicework, on top of his wwf stint... this guy happened to be in quite a few of my favorites.

Edited by MOBomberFan

Pro-Trump Missouri senator announces he will contest Biden’s certification

Acknowledging Joe Biden as president-elect, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has been urging Senate Republicans not to voice objections when a joint session of Congress meets on January 6 to certify the Electoral College results. But Sen. Josh Hawley, a far-right Trump loyalist, has announced that he will contest the certification.

With Biden's inauguration only three weeks away, President Donald Trump continues to make debunked claims that he was the victim of widespread voter fraud. The Electoral College certified the election results when it met on December 14, but Hawley, in his statement, said, "At the very least, Congress should investigate allegations of voter fraud and adopt measures to secure the integrity of our elections. But Congress has so far failed to act."

Pro-Trump Missouri senator announces he will contest Biden’s certification - Alternet.org