Game 9 vs Islanders

BomberBall

Maurice is the master of doing less with more...…..I stole that from someone on Lapo……...but it's true for Maurice.

Little is definitely our best two-way centre and he will help but they need to address the elephant in the room which is acquiring another centre to compliment Schief, Little & Lowry. Rather than mortgage the farm at playoff time to get one, just make the move already Chevy you cheap-a-skate-a. 

15 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Maurice is the master of doing less with more...…..I stole that from someone on Lapo……...but it's true for Maurice.

Little is definitely our best two-way centre and he will help but they need to address the elephant in the room which is acquiring another centre to compliment Schief, Little & Lowry. Rather than mortgage the farm at playoff time to get one, just make the move already Chevy you cheap-a-skate-a. 

Who should they move out? We need defense too. So, Ehlers and who else? Connor? Laine? Wheeler? 

8 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Why not let Roslovic have a shot at 2C?  Maurice has finally given him a chance to play center, why not put him between Ehlers and Connor?  He's over 58% on his draws so far this season.

Because he's bad defensively when he's in the middle. He still needs to learn how to play both ways as a centre. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Who should they move out? We need defense too. So, Ehlers and who else? Connor? Laine? Wheeler? 

You don't have to move anyone if Buff ain't coming back, what good is a 34 year old overweight out of shape dman going to be anyways? Trade some picks and prospects and toss in an Appleton or Poolman, just get it done already. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

You don't have to move anyone if Buff ain't coming back, what good is a 34 year old overweight out of shape dman going to be anyways? Trade some picks and prospects and toss in an Appleton or Poolman, just get it done already. 

Boy that sounds easy. You can't add any payroll unless you move money out and Buff retires. Until then, you're stuck.

13 hours ago, JCon said:

Boy that sounds easy. You can't add any payroll unless you move money out and Buff retires. Until then, you're stuck.

Is Perreault worth $4M , Kulikov $4.3M, Buff $8M

These contracts are the real problem, time to cut bait with these guys and free up the space for guys who can actually make a difference. 

There are a lot of options to make moves and that is what Chevy gets paid to figure out. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Is Perreault worth $4M , Kulikov $4.3M, Buff $8M

These contracts are the real problem, time to cut bait with these guys and free up the space for guys who can actually make a difference. 

There are a lot of options to make moves and that is what Chevy gets paid to figure out. 

I like MP. He's a do it all player and should be on the PK with his speed.  His hits per game is up there too.

We are short on veteran dmen and you want to get rid of one of them? A lot of people hate him but you can't write him off now.

Free up money for who? Kulikov  was the best UFA dman we could get at the time and he had the worst +/- in the NHL.

19 hours ago, pigseye said:

You ain't getting **** for guys on ELCs still.. Jets are 100k under the cap.. Its actually 7.5 under but 7.4 or whatever is Buffs money. So unless u move big money out u cant bring any in. Moving a guy on elcs isnt gonna get what u need. 

Perreault? Likely a 2nd rd pick. 

Kuli? A throw in. 

Connor? Ehlers? Laine? Aka our young future. Nope. 

Sorry but the salary cap is real and nothing can happen until buff makes his decision.. Get a 2c.. Trade Crap tho for it? Nope. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maurice needs to split up 55 and 26. 

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Connor Little Wheeler 

Copp Lowry Roslo 

Perreault Gus Apples. 

Until dude splits up 55 and 26 we are hooped. 

I personally enjoy hearing fresh new ideas from different people. So nice to to not read the same post over and over and over again.

On 2019-10-19 at 3:46 PM, JCon said:

As opposed to who? There is no better 2C on the team. 

Roslo deserves a shot, and at worst leave Copp there, move Little to 3c and Lowry to 4c...if we are going to suffer with a young D all year we need to find an answer at 2c..Little has had 2 years at it to prove he is not the answer.

Edited by bb1

14 hours ago, bb1 said:

Roslo deserves a shot, and at worst leave Copp there, move Little to 3c and Lowry to 4c...if we are going to suffer with a young D all year we need to find an answer at 2c..Little has had 2 years at it to prove he is not the answer.

No, Roslo clearly isn't ready. He's a defensive liability. Also, Copp has proven that he's a 3C/4C at best. Good grinder. Little is still better than them. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

No, Roslo clearly isn't ready. He's a defensive liability. Also, Copp has proven that he's a 3C/4C at best. Good grinder. Little is still better than them. 

Why is it clear that Roslovic isn't ready?  I'm not saying he definitely is, but I agree with bb1, why not give him a shot?  See if he sinks or swims.  I bet he could outperform Little offensively and hopefully build on his defensive game.  Maurice will never do it, but I'd like to see it.

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Why is it clear that Roslovic isn't ready?  I'm not saying he definitely is, but I agree with bb1, why not give him a shot?  See if he sinks or swims.  I bet he could outperform Little offensively and hopefully build on his defensive game.  Maurice will never do it, but I'd like to see it.

It's clear because he doesn't know what to do as a centre in the defensive end of the ice. 

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

You think you might be overstating that, just a tad?

In the context of what is expected of the 2C in the NHL? No. He's learning what he needs to do as a winger now. We don't need to rush him into the spot. Let him learn.