Banjo Bowl

The Forks* (easily my favourite hangout in the city and a great place to show friends from out of town - the new outdoor portion of The Common is so damn good), Osborne Village, The Exchange District... Three places off the top of my head that have improved significantly in the last 10-15 years and each has something to offer for just about everyone (arts, entertainment, dining/drinking, shopping, etc.). 

Ethnic restaurants of almost every variety in just about every area of the city, as well as the explosion of craft breweries/brewpubs (OGC is my personal favourite - amazing menu and brews)... For anyone to claim Winnipeg hasn't changed, much less for the better, is simply being wilfully ignorant and/or unreasonable in their assessment.

Put in the time to look; it's pretty easy to find whatever tickles your fancy.

* if you haven't checked out CMHR, I highly recommend it - the museum itself is pretty incredible and ERA Bistro is absolutely excellent.

On 2019-06-21 at 8:13 PM, Dr Zaius said:

Lol.

Over 40 and under 40 have MASSIVELY different travel styles. Women over 40 drive 75% of tourism/souvenir dollars. Does that mean their opinion of downtown carries more weight?

Of course not. They're not the ones watching shows and drinking 16 beers a night.

Sorry if you're offended as an obvious 40+er, but, know what? I'm ALSO over 40. *GASP* 

I'm certainly not offended. I am just curious as to why you would generalize a portion of your customers with the disparaging term - self-loathing. This is just a really odd statement for you to make publicly about your customers.

On 2019-06-19 at 3:50 PM, wbbfan said:

100%, Plus osborne village, I love the parks especially assiniboine and kildonan park, the zoo also makes the grade, I love the architecture of  the exchange district, etc. 

Rae n jerrys is great. Im crazy about simons steaks at the forks too though. 

The city and province has soo many hidden gems and under appreciated areas. 

This cannot be overstated. Last year, I needed a place to have lunch on a class field trip. We checked Google maps for the closest park and found a tiny gem just a few blocks away. It was perfect for our purpose - that’s Winnipeg. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, good news bad news. I finally got a hold of the dude who owns my cottage. He seemed semi interested after a brief phone call. I got his email and sent him an email. Next morning "cottage isnt for rent, sorry".

So that kinda sucks.

I guess I'll be spending my time in Winnipeg exclusively. Or maybe I'll go to Grand Beach.