Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

Game 76 : Texas In My Rear View Mirror

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Only when Lowry was suspended. Tanev without Lowry is bad. Some team will overpay him in the off season and find that out shortly after. 

C'mon, man... He still made 5 hits in those two games and 3 SOG, which was consistent with this previous 10 games. He was forced to play with a different centre but that by no means suggests he dogged it.

He'll be due a raise in the off-season but it's not going to be something exorbitant.

Edited by blue_gold_84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Both of those lines are blackholes offensively.

No they aren't. That is the ideal bottom 6 based on every stat and numbers available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Little playing wing is a bit nuts... he's one of our best face-off guys

I'd agree with goalies lines

You can have Little play wing and still take face-offs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JCon said:

You can have Little play wing and still take face-offs. 

Same with Copp...

Copp-Lowry-Tavev is the best third line...

Little-Perrault have always had chemistry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been stated a few times by the coach, having Little and Lowry together on a line allows them to match up well on defensive zone faceoffs. Lowry steps in on his strong side (dot to the goalie's left) and Little takes the draws ion the other side. Plus, if one of them gets tossed they have a ready back-up who is capable.

And count me among those who does not mind Hendricks playing right now. He has had past chemistry with Perrault, he plays more of a bottom 6 game than Roslovic, and he gets to harden himself for the playoff grind while Roslovic gets some rest. Roslovic has only 2 even strength goals all year, and is more of a top 6 replacement than a bottom 6 checker. He will be very good in the future, but he has not stepped up quite yet into the offensive player the team needs him to be.

Cue Goaile's rant in 5...4...3...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

As has been stated a few times by the coach, having Little and Lowry together on a line allows them to match up well on defensive zone faceoffs. Lowry steps in on his strong side (dot to the goalie's left) and Little takes the draws ion the other side. Plus, if one of them gets tossed they have a ready back-up who is capable.

And count me among those who does not mind Hendricks playing right now. He has had past chemistry with Perrault, he plays more of a bottom 6 game than Roslovic, and he gets to harden himself for the playoff grind while Roslovic gets some rest. Roslovic has only 2 even strength goals all year, and is more of a top 6 replacement than a bottom 6 checker. He will be very good in the future, but he has not stepped up quite yet into the offensive player the team needs him to be.

Cue Goaile's rant in 5...4...3...

Hendricks gets gassed almost instantly - he just is not an option for the playoffs...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This idea of top 6 and bottom 6 is old school thinking. Your goal should be to ice the best team and lines you can. Little doesnt fit with Lowry and Tanev.. Its not working. We know copp lowry tanev is an elite shutdown line. We also know Perreault little and roslo have some chemistry as they played together a bit this year and looked good.. At least they threatened to score at times. Im fine with Hendricks playing now but... Hes so slow its crazy... He cant keep up with copp and Perreault

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does every single team have to make us pay for shutting out another team or winning by a huge margin

we're going to be screwed if we end up playing against this team in round 1

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, iHeart said:

why does every single team have to make us pay for shutting out another team or winning by a huge margin

we're going to be screwed if we end up playing against this team in round 1

Meh.. Dallas is fighting for their playoff lives.. Jets took it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...