LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

8 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Even still, 3 passes,

That’s just in 3 minutes of looking. If you’ve studied the QB like you say you have been, you’d admit that Nichols has made some fine throws. Now, I’m not going to sit here and defend Nichols, but I don’t like blanket statements on how good or bad a player has been without justification. 

Lankford yes, Nichols? On watch.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎06 at 12:53 PM, Ripper said:

When Harris got hurt late against the Stamps, I couldn't help wonder why the hell was he on the field at that point

MOS explanation? He was concerned about a tie breaker. He wanted to score points so he left Harris out there. Just another Mike O'Shea Stupid Moment. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just watching some Nichols highlights and what struck me was how he locks on his primary receiver and rarely seems to go through any read progressions. He was pretty mobile back then. Called his own number often and wasn't afraid to pull it down and run with it. Lots of play action. Throwing on roll-outs. Lots of bad tendencies still there now such as when he has guys wide open deep he underthrows them. Happy feet too.

5 hours ago, J5V said:

Just watching some Nichols highlights and what struck me was how he locks on his primary receiver and rarely seems to go through any read progressions. He was pretty mobile back then. Called his own number often and wasn't afraid to pull it down and run with it. Lots of play action. Throwing on roll-outs. Lots of bad tendencies still there now such as when he has guys wide open deep he underthrows them. Happy feet too.

Sounds more and more like it has come down to his knee not being 100% or his distrust of it.

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s just in 3 minutes of looking. If you’ve studied the QB like you say you have been, you’d admit that Nichols has made some fine throws. Now, I’m not going to sit here and defend Nichols, but I don’t like blanket statements on how good or bad a player has been without justification. 

Lankford yes, Nichols? On watch.

the ones that stand out in my mind are the ones where he's had Adams wide open with space, for sure TDs if he gets the ball there... and then Adams had to stop and wait for it because it was under thrown.   Hope he has a good game today, but I'm not going to hold my breath.   If it's a shaky start, the fans are going to be on him.   The only ones wanting Nichols to stay in are going to be in Green & White.

14 hours ago, J5V said:

Interesting, not a lot of deep throws even back then.

Considering how disastrously the last game started for Nichols, I suspect that the Bombers will be even more conservative in their start in the game today. The Rider linebackers are better than their secondary, so crossing patterns, slants and hooks ought to be a big part of the game plan. I don't know if LaPolice trusts Nichols enough to call 10 yard out patterns- too high a probability of interceptions. So, a six-seven man O-line is likely, and wouldn't Landon Rice have looked good now?

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Interesting, not a lot of deep throws even back then.

And when he did throw deep the receiver is slowing down, holding up, and waiting for the ball. Exactly what we see here now. This, folks, is the real Matt Nichols. I don't know what's changed except that maybe the rest of the league have him figured out by now and know how to play him. If that's true, we're not going to see anything different that what we have been seeing. Not good.

To win this game today I think we're going to have to rely on our D and special teams, big time, and with Richie Hall ...