DI's

Booch

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

DIs still can't sub freely and if you were to start Corney and make an offensive guy not a DI then all we're doing is weakening the defensive line cause I don't see any depth behind Corney. He gets hurt we can't just throw in the DE that is a DI. 

You could if you named 4 defensive lineman as regular imports. Whether or not Conrey was the first rush end you rolled out there would be a moot point. Am i wrong about this?  Or would you literally need to have the 4 american defensive lineman on the field for the first play of the game?

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

You could if you named 4 defensive lineman as regular imports. Whether or not Conrey was the first rush end you rolled out there would be a moot point. Am i wrong about this?  Or would you literally need to have the 4 american defensive lineman on the field for the first play of the game?

I believe that is correct.

You can have a maximum of 20 import players.  4 must be identified as designated imports.  Say, Medlock, Lankford, Wild, and Flanders.  These four players cannot take a Canadian out of the lineup.  Now say you start 8 Canadians including Corney.  But you still roster both Craig Roh, starting, and Tristan Okpalaugo backing up.  Okpalaugo can come in for Corney whenever he wants.  But Wild couldn't replace, say Loffler.  Lankford couldn't replace Demski and Flanders couldn't replace Harris.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I believe that is correct.

You can have a maximum of 20 import players.  4 must be identified as designated imports.  Say, Medlock, Lankford, Wild, and Flanders.  These four players cannot take a Canadian out of the lineup.  Now say you start 8 Canadians including Corney.  But you still roster both Craig Roh, starting, and Tristan Okpalaugo backing up.  Okpalaugo can come in for Corney whenever he wants.  But Wild couldn't replace, say Loffler.  Lankford couldn't replace Demski and Flanders couldn't replace Harris.

Very confusicating.

12 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Sure but the entire discussion is happening because people want to be able to sub off a canadian receiver for an american player (ie. Flanders) so that doesn't make any sense in that situation. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Sure but the entire discussion is happening because people want to be able to sub off a canadian receiver for an american player (ie. Flanders) so that doesn't make any sense in that situation. 

If we are gonna mess with the ratio, we would be far better off rotating corney/thomas as a starter and going with an extra imp on the oL, foketi for neuf. I dont think we will see 8 starting NI or corney / thomas unless we see injuries else where though.