Round 3 : Game 3 - Waking Up In Vegas

Fleury has been the difference the last two games. Don't get me wrong: the Jets have committed some disgusting errors and most of them have resulted in the puck in the back of their net. They need to get back to playing fast, smart, and tight if they hope to get back into this series. Hopefully, their play in the third tonight is a sign of things to come. Friday is now a must win game.

We got Mauriced that game...

Tanev-Stastny-Laine is the most ridiculous line since Thorburn-Little-Ehlers

Enstrom is injured and is just not good enough - a healthy Kulikov should have been inserted

Not ready to start the first and not ready to stay focused after a goal... classic Jets.

Fleury is on his game - Jets need everyone focused.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup.  I was shaking my head at that.

It's not like anything else was working, though. I mean, we can crap on Maurice but it's the players who aren't executing on the ice. They simply have be better.

For pretty much two straight games save last night's third period, the Jets seem to have underestimated their opponent and they've paid the price for doing so. They need to get back to what's made them successful in previous rounds, a part of that being having a healthy respect for one's opponent.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's not like anything else was working, though. I mean, we can crap on Maurice but it's the players who aren't executing on the ice. They simply have be better.

For pretty much two straight games save last night's third period, the Jets seem to have underestimated their opponent and they've paid the price for doing so. They need to get back to what's made them successful in previous rounds, a part of that being having a healthy respect for one's opponent.

Yeah I think Vegas kind of sand-bagged the Jets in Game one and gave them a false sense that they weren't nearly at Nashville's level, and that made the Jets slack off a bit.  Plus there's still a hang-over from the last series, which was a monumental achievement, beating the best team in the league.  Let's hope period 3 is what we see for a full three periods on Friday.  It's time to put this pretend team of cast-offs and losers in the dirt.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah I think Vegas kind of sand-bagged the Jets in Game one and gave them a false sense that they weren't nearly at Nashville's level, and that made the Jets slack off a bit.  Plus there's still a hang-over from the last series, which was a monumental achievement, beating the best team in the league.  Let's hope period 3 is what we see for a full three periods on Friday.  It's time to put this pretend team of cast-offs and losers in the dirt.

I'm genuinely curious - do you think both of those things are true?  I didn't watch Vegas at all during the season - their speed and tenacity as part of a team concept is quite an interesting mix.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I would hardly call them losers.

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

We got Mauriced that game...

Tanev-Stastny-Laine is the most ridiculous line since Thorburn-Little-Ehlers

Enstrom is injured and is just not good enough - a healthy Kulikov should have been inserted

Not ready to start the first and not ready to stay focused after a goal... classic Jets.

Fleury is on his game - Jets need everyone focused.

Tanev almost scored on a great individual play. Regardless of the line he plays on, at least he puts it all out there on every shift.

Vegas plays their system and never breaks away from it...  Jets are having huge defensive lapses and sloppy line changes

I don't think the Jets were sand-bagged...  I think these are two very good teams

Sportsnet panel was pretty accurate last night - Enstrom is unable to keep up and is a liability on line changes and Helle should not handle the puck

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Are you putting in Matthias or Dano then?

No I'm moving Armia, Copp or Roslovic up before our 4th line forechecker/penalty killer...

I like Tanev's game but not on the second line with a sniper.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No I'm moving Armia, Copp or Roslovic up before our 4th line forechecker/penalty killer...

Copp i can see but he's just about the same guy as Tanev now. Don't know if PaMa wants Arm or Ros playing their off wing especially Roslo.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm not suggesting Tanev belongs on the second line but Tanev has 6 points (31 shots) to 7 points to those three combined thus far in these playoffs.

What have those three shown in these playoffs that warrants second line play? Did Tanev impede Laine's play last night? I didn't see it.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm not suggesting Tanev belongs on the second line but Tanev has 6 points (31 shots) to 7 points to those three combined thus far in these playoffs.

What have those three shown in these playoffs that warrants second line play? Did Tanev impede Laine's play last night? I didn't see it.

Rather shocked NHL stats only show 2 Laine SOG in that game.

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm guessing Tanev has played way more minutes that Armia, Copp and Roslovic.  Heck JRoc has barely played.

I don't think anyone is saying Tanev isn't a good player, but IMO he's a good 4th line player, on this team.  Having him on the 2nd line isn't good.  He just doesn't have the right skill set to be in the top 6.

I have no way to confirm it, but I noticed a couple of times, last night, where it appeared that when Laine had the puck, he looked over to Tanev's wing, but elected to hold onto the puck and distribute it elsewhere.  If that was the case, and he doesn't feel comfortable with Tanev on his line, it's likely impeding his play.

Hopefully Ehlers will be back and we don't have to worry about it.

Edited by BomberBall

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I'm guessing Tanev has played way more minutes that Armia, Copp and Roslovic.  Heck JRoc has barely played.

I don't think anyone is saying Tanev isn't a good player, but IMO he's a good 4th line player, on this team.  Having him on the 2nd line isn't good.  He just doesn't have the right skill set to be in the top 6.

I have no way to confirm it, but I noticed a couple of times, last night, where it appeared that when Laine had the puck, he looked over to Tanev's wing, but elected to hold onto the puck and distribute it elsewhere.  If that was the case, and he doesn't feel comfortable with Tanev on his line, it's likely impeding his play.

Hopefully Ehlers will be back and we don't have to worry about it.

If he did, that's on Laine not Tanev. And yes having Ehlers back would be ideal.