Game 20: Less than Kind @ Nashville

iHeart

Veterans playing like ****. Scheif, wheeler, little all garbage tonight.

Turning pucks over at the blue line, no breakout, repeated d zone breakdowns.

A little slap in the mouth after a 4 game win streak isn't always a bad thing. Fully expecting a better effort next game.

Edited by Judd

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Penalties. Penalties. Turnovers. 

Maurice needs to learn how to make in game adjustments. Preds did and owned us. Wheres the timeout in the 2nd when Nash is owning us. 

ESL 

CLW 

PLA 

4th line of W H O C A R E S cuz they only play 5 minutes anyways. 

Actually the distribution of icetime has been more even than ever.  Hendricks was the only player under ten minutes last night and he still got over 7.

I'd leave the lines as-is.

Definitely thought Chiarot acquitted himself well last night.  The young bucks Trouba and Morrissey looked a little overwhelmed however.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

I'd definitely switch the 3rd and 4th lines around... Maybe just the wingers.  But there's no way Tanev and Copp should be getting more ice than Armia and Perreault.

They're already basically 3A and 3B.

Perreault - 13:00
Tanev - 13:38
Armia - 10:51
Copp - 11:25

Not much difference there last game.  You've also got Copp/Tanev killing penalties while Perreault/Armia got power play time.  Playing to the strengths of both sets of wingers.  We haven't seen this kind of balance before in Winnipeg, but I like it.

Of course, it's not really about Copp, Tanev, or Armia... it's about the fact that Perreault can play on any line and make the players around him better.  He is really showing his value right now.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

They're already basically 3A and 3B.

Perreault - 13:00
Tanev - 13:38
Armia - 10:51
Copp - 11:25

Not much difference there last game.  You've also got Copp/Tanev killing penalties while Perreault/Armia got power play time.  Playing to the strengths of both sets of wingers.  We haven't seen this kind of balance before in Winnipeg, but I like it.

Of course, it's not really about Copp, Tanev, or Armia... it's about the fact that Perreault can play on any line and make the players around him better.  He is really showing his value right now.

Yeah, I like the balance too and I figured the ice times would be pretty close from last nights game, so maybe Maurice is making an effort to roll the 4 lines, but I'd really like to see Armia and Perrault getting more ice than they currently are.  Special teams can obviously skew the numbers a bit.

42 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Yeah, I like the balance too and I figured the ice times would be pretty close from last nights game, so maybe Maurice is making an effort to roll the 4 lines, but I'd really like to see Armia and Perrault getting more ice than they currently are.  Special teams can obviously skew the numbers a bit.

Perreault, yes, Armia... I don't know.  I'm still not totally sure what to think of him.  Does he bring more to the table than a Copp or Tanev?  In the past I may have said yes, but I do like what Copp and Tanev are bringing to the table this season.  Overall it is nice to have this kind of depth.

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Perreault, yes, Armia... I don't know.  I'm still not totally sure what to think of him.  Does he bring more to the table than a Copp or Tanev?  In the past I may have said yes, but I do like what Copp and Tanev are bringing to the table this season.  Overall it is nice to have this kind of depth.

Absolutely, the depth is the best we've seen; and look at the Moose too.

I just think Armia has great offensive potential, if he's given an opportunity with decent line mates.  Not to mention he's a solid forechecker as well.  The kind of hands he's shown (the shorty against Columbus comes to mind), Tanev and Copp can only dream of.  And I'm not trying to knock either one of them.