Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

Cassie Campbell-Pascall was excellent on colour commentary last night. Knows as much as Jets fans. Hate the 2 last names though. Pick one!

And did anyone hear Ray Ferraro on 1290 the other day. That guy should be coaching.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/ferraro-a-bad-night-for-all-of-the-jets-1.878015

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 08/10/2017 at 12:46 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Cassie Campbell-Pascall was excellent on colour commentary last night. Knows as much as Jets fans. Hate the 2 last names though. Pick one!

And did anyone hear Ray Ferraro on 1290 the other day. That guy should be coaching.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/ferraro-a-bad-night-for-all-of-the-jets-1.878015

Actually I thought she kinda sucked....but then again i am dreading the female play by play voice that is sure to come along. 

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Cassie Campbell is AWFUL on Colour. My goodness. Nobody who hasn't played in the NHL should ever be allowed to analyze the game. 

That sort of eliminates an awful lot of people that analyze and cover sports for a living.  Maybe I wasnt paying close enough attention.  But I "forgot" it was a dreaded female voice after about five minutes and enjoyed her insight. 

But, when it comes to a female talent pool for that role, you're working with a small group to choose from.  Someone has to take the plunge so good for them for doing it.  Its important to do it.  And in time, it wont even be something we talk about (and the talent will increase too).

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That sort of eliminates an awful lot of people that analyze and cover sports for a living.  Maybe I wasnt paying close enough attention.  But I "forgot" it was a dreaded female voice after about five minutes and enjoyed her insight. 

But, when it comes to a female talent pool for that role, you're working with a small group to choose from.  Someone has to take the plunge so good for them for doing it.  Its important to do it.  And in time, it wont even be something we talk about (and the talent will increase too).

I liked her insight, didn't like her delivery.  And no, it wasn't because it was a female voice.   There are plenty of male colour guys who I don't like their delivery either.

Possible she gets better with more practice, but as it stands right now, would not want to watch another game with her doing it.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I didn't see the game with Campbell on colour.  But it is very unusual to have a non-league-veteran doing colour.... in any sport.  IMO they are there for their insider experience.

That's 100% it.... You have to have insider experience to analyze the game on TV. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That's 100% it.... You have to have insider experience to analyze the game on TV. 

On the ice, you mean?  Cause there are a million people that make their living as hockey insiders and analysts who never played pro but cultivated knowledge and sources over time.

EDIT: ok, not a million.... ;-)

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

On the ice, you mean?  Cause there are a million people that make their living as hockey insiders and analysts who never played pro but cultivated knowledge and sources over time.

EDIT: ok, not a million.... ;-)

They do colour?  Who?  Big difference between analyst and colour commentator.