Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I had One Great City's Enemy of the Steak burger yesterday.  Near perfect.  But that place just does everything right...so go there anytime.

Tonight doing this beauty, the Randy Savage from Underdogs.   Will report back!

Underdogs.jpg

Hope your experience is better, but my brother said Underdogs was underwhelming.

Had the Tallest Poppy and Prairie Ink burgers this week, and both were very good. Also just went to Oscar's for lunch. They didn't pay the $500 to be on the burger week list, but they posted a special burger for this week on their Facebook page, and it was outstanding!

30 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Hope your experience is better, but my brother said Underdogs was underwhelming.

Had the Tallest Poppy and Prairie Ink burgers this week, and both were very good. Also just went to Oscar's for lunch. They didn't pay the $500 to be on the burger week list, but they posted a special burger for this week on their Facebook page, and it was outstanding!

I was underwhelmed with Underdogs as well. Usually love their food. Silver Heights had a real good burger with a bit of a kick.

Had the Big Dill at the Four Points By sheraton on south Pembina. I don’t like pickles. But I loved this burger. It was amazing. 

Great taste. They make everything in house. The chef is great.  And it was super busy with everyone eating the burger. 

This is it. Fantastic

Edited by The Unknown Poster

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I go there because they can be relied upon to have blue licorice ice cream 

oh yeah I've had their ice cream...actually I had one of their Comets (that's like a Blizzard or McFlurry) it's just a shame that they didn't bring the ice cream with them to Many Fest....but then again BDI is also there there would be no contest there (My mother still hasn't forgiven them for how they ripped her off over 20 years ago because she wanted to submit a gift certificate to my school's silent auction BBQ)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Is their a demand for a Sals in that area?  

I will say that the White Star Diner which is near Portage Place seems to always be busy whenever I've gone so maybe it will work out?

White Star Diner was great on Albert but it's a bit of trek for the P&M crowd now that it's on Kennedy. 

There are lots of great food choices down there, so I'm not sure how it will do. 

I'm not down there anymore but I definitely would have gone for breakfast, red velvet cake or the occasional nip. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is their a demand for a Sals in that area?  

I will say that the White Star Diner which is near Portage Place seems to always be busy whenever I've gone so maybe it will work out?

If its open 24 hours, I'd suspect it would do very well on late night weekends.  I know Johnny G's (both of them around there) are always busy (or at least always busy when I go).  And the lunchtime crowd should do well at Sals too.

• 1 month later...

well this is great news! KP hasn't had an Ice cream place (aside from having pink berry at Second Cup) since Laura Secord moved out, I wanted to see Rocky Mountain Chocolates move in instead (their chocolate dipped cheesecakes on sticks are awesome) but this is better

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2018/11/bdi-bridge-drive-in-coming-to-kildonan-place-mall/?fbclid=IwAR1HXCo3EhQwv4AMqmAcP5Chi-2x6zw48Fp3gTujdyjKNo6TjZ0MjyXP4u4

On 2018-09-26 at 8:43 PM, iHeart said:

they still taste better than Jollibees

So I'm down here in OK and the guy who works at the gas station loves Jollibees and i told him if i knew he was still here i would have wrapped up some and dropped it into the luggage and he was like Oh man I'd love ya for doing that :D

Anyone need Canamerifriend to send ship up north?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

20 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well this is great news! KP hasn't had an Ice cream place (aside from having pink berry at Second Cup) since Laura Secord moved out, I wanted to see Rocky Mountain Chocolates move in instead (their chocolate dipped cheesecakes on sticks are awesome) but this is better

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2018/11/bdi-bridge-drive-in-coming-to-kildonan-place-mall/?fbclid=IwAR1HXCo3EhQwv4AMqmAcP5Chi-2x6zw48Fp3gTujdyjKNo6TjZ0MjyXP4u4

Well now I have two reasons to go to KP.  The other being Arbys.