Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHeart

Restaurant/food thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, iHeart said:

anyone ever eat at Rembrandt's? it was one of my grandmothers favourite places and then all of a sudden for some reason they shut it down about fourish years ago, which is a shame it had a nice interior and their chicken parm sandwiches were to die for

Sure did.  It was superb - not sure why they closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like this is finally happening, but knowing every new place in Winnipeg it's probably going to go in Forbidden Territory for me

 

http://accesswinnipeg.com/2018/01/seasons-website-confirms-winnipegs-first-popeyes-louisiana-kitchen-opening-soon/

 

here's an image

seasons.png

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it weird that everyone going to popeye's was black?  I'm guessing it's just the locations they chose?  And like TUP said, most acted like that was the only food in the world they could eat or they'd starve.

First world problems at popeye's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had but my co workers have said it's very mediocre.      I don't understand why people get so excited for these kind of restaurants?  Similar to IHOP when they had line ups.... the place is not even on the same level of mediocrity of Perkins.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Is it weird that everyone going to popeye's was black?  I'm guessing it's just the locations they chose?  And like TUP said, most acted like that was the only food in the world they could eat or they'd starve.

First world problems at popeye's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've never had but my co workers have said it's very mediocre.      I don't understand why people get so excited for these kind of restaurants?  Similar to IHOP when they had line ups.... the place is not even on the same level of mediocrity of Perkins.   

 

I think it's because of "We wish we had this in Canada" fatigue I wish to try it one day if the chicken is as crispy as it looks and those biscuits look as good as they should. Also Perkins isn't worth going to anymore up here, ever since they discontinued the Country Club melt up here, I don't really want to step foot in there anymore, unless they bring it back. I know they still have it in the uS

 

heck I still need to try Jollibees, the newest location is close to my workplace, but I wish to go there when it gets warmer out

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I've never had but my co workers have said it's very mediocre.      I don't understand why people get so excited for these kind of restaurants?  Similar to IHOP when they had line ups.... the place is not even on the same level of mediocrity of Perkins.   

 

I think maybe its fond memories of going to these places while on vacation or other trips.  When I went to Las Vegas for the first time, my friend who had been there once was adamant we had to go to IHOP as it was the greatest thing ever.  So we did and he says "hmmm, not as good as I remember."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think maybe its fond memories of going to these places while on vacation or other trips. 

I know that's happened to us a few times.... gone to Paradiso in the States only to realize it's mediocre tex-mex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I know that's happened to us a few times.... gone to Paradiso in the States only to realize it's mediocre tex-mex. 

Right!  I remember a few years ago going there because my co-worker was raving about it, and I got there and it was just basically crap covered in tons of cheese.

We now go to Mango's in Fargo.  Wow that is some good Mexican food made BY Mexicans.  They are awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see the "endorphin" high of being on vacay and trying a wildly popular restaurant or chain.

 

For Popeye's I used to go to regularly when I lived in So. Ontario and I've eaten it on vacation in other places.

Also very good and did not disappoint, was In'N'Out. Fantastic.

 

Those that did disappoint:

Chik-Fil-A - I've only tried it twice and I'm willing to give it another chance.

Cheesecake Factory - bleh!

IHOP - Not good. Pancake House is much better, IMO.

And there's probably lots of others.

 

I look forward to trying Chipotle sometime in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can totally see the "endorphin" high of being on vacay and trying a wildly popular restaurant or chain.

 

For Popeye's I used to go to regularly when I lived in So. Ontario and I've eaten it on vacation in other places.

Also very good and did not disappoint, was In'N'Out. Fantastic.

 

Those that did disappoint:

Chik-Fil-A - I've only tried it twice and I'm willing to give it another chance.

Cheesecake Factory - bleh!

IHOP - Not good. Pancake House is much better, IMO.

And there's probably lots of others.

 

I look forward to trying Chipotle sometime in the future.

 

Agreed on the Cheesecake factory.  We went once and I was like....what's all the hype about, it's not that good.

It's funny because on Reddit, they're like "oh Chik-fil-a is so much better blah blah".  Even my my boss that lives in Atlanta loves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Right!  I remember a few years ago going there because my co-worker was raving about it, and I got there and it was just basically crap covered in tons of cheese.

We now go to Mango's in Fargo.  Wow that is some good Mexican food made BY Mexicans.  They are awesome.

I've heard great things about Mangos.. I was choked that when we went last summer to try it out for our first time... the place was rented out for a private party.       Did you (or anyone else on these boards) have good experiences with Mangos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCon said:

I look forward to trying Chipotle sometime in the future.

I go to the Chipotle's in St Cloud (usually on the way back from Albertville),   it's good and I would say very comparable to Burrito Del Rio here in town....

One restaurant that I used to go down in Albertville that was awesome but is slowly declining was  Space Aliens.    They have really good BBQ and Pizzas,   the Cuban pizza with pickles and mustard and meat is surprisingly really tasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've heard great things about Mangos.. I was choked that when we went last summer to try it out for our first time... the place was rented out for a private party.       Did you (or anyone else on these boards) have good experiences with Mangos?

Yes, it's awesome there.  Better than anything I've had here.  The food is great, it's always pretty packed.  Not everyone speaks very good english, but they're really nice people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Agreed on the Cheesecake factory.  We went once and I was like....what's all the hype about, it's not that good.

It's funny because on Reddit, they're like "oh Chik-fil-a is so much better blah blah".  Even my my boss that lives in Atlanta loves it.

Too me its just chicken and if u gonna eat a lot then Chicken Express it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:55 AM, Logan007 said:

Is it weird that everyone going to popeye's was black?  I'm guessing it's just the locations they chose?  And like TUP said, most acted like that was the only food in the world they could eat or they'd starve.

First world problems at popeye's.

I love popeye's .My best related Popeye's story.

Go into a popeyes in mlps, order a combo with all white meat. Black cook in the back yells out, "What, you dont like dark  meat?" And jokingly stares at me and then at black cashier, and back to me.

Edited by itchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...