Lions @ Rodblacks / Argos @ Stampeders

Just now, USABomberfan said:

Trevor Harris?  Nope I'd just say he's .... a bit better than average but can get sloppy with decision-making.  I'd say he'd better watch his back cuz Drew Tate has won a lot of football games in his day.

Tate is perfectly happy to not play but cash his game day cheques.. 

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Well ... maybe I should rephrase my last post a little bit.  The way the Redblacks were playing D in that 4th quarter is a perfect example of why bend but don't break D is bad and why Hall's system must be scrapped if we don't win the Grey Cup this year.

We'd be a lot better defensively if we had better linebackers.  They really hold everything back. Hard to improve when 2 out of the 3 starters can't make plays. Especially at Mac. 

Hurl's certainly missed a few big tackles, Knox looked a little better in this last game I thought.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it was Richie Hall who made the call to bring Roc Carmichael up here though.  And he plays the corners way off, leaves em isolated and puts no deep safeties out there on the deep balls.

Lulay has to start next week, doesn't he?  Jennings has looked awful since returning from his injury.  What a disappointing season.  I actually pegged him as a contender for the league MOP at the beginning of the season lol.  Yeah, I thought he would turn over the ball a decent amount this year.  But I thought with that receiving core and his mobility that he would throw for nearly 40 TDs and around 6000 yards.  

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People really forgot that Lulay was a better qb, yeah he got hurt and all that, but dude was always a scary qb cause he can hurt you in so many ways. Jennings is just pure huck it! chuck it! football! Can I call him the new Casey Printers? Probably has a better attitude though. 

Yeah he didn't win the MOP award for nothing.  Only criticism I'd have of him is he's started reverting back to that reckless running stuff that ended up getting him those broken shoulders and collar bones a couple years ago as I saw on display in Ottawa today.

And as per TSN Twitter: Jonathon Jennings will not be making anymore starts for BC this year.

Edited by USABomberfan

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People really forgot that Lulay was a better qb, yeah he got hurt and all that, but dude was always a scary qb cause he can hurt you in so many ways. Jennings is just pure huck it! chuck it! football! Can I call him the new Casey Printers? Probably has a better attitude though. 

I wonder if the league's change to only 1 challenge a game has affected Jennings and Reilly more than other QBs.  Perhaps DBs were more tentative before and Jennings was able to compete more of those long balls.

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That seems a bit premature of a statement to be making right now... 

Kinda like when the Bombers declared Goltz as their starter for the rest of the season.

I read different reports after the Lions game.  Wally was quoted as saying Lulay deserves to be the starter and someone else had him saying he had to check with the other coaches first.

Edited by WinnipegGordo
added tweets

35 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I wonder if the league's change to only 1 challenge a game has affected Jennings and Reilly more than other QBs.  Perhaps DBs were more tentative before and Jennings was able to compete more of those long balls.

That's a good call, those receivers like to go up and get balls, probably really benefited from all the PI you can find on any play if you take a look for it. 

Most sacks vs. fewest sacks allowed. Tonight's game in Calgary brings a battle in the trenches.

CFL game day

Well, Ottawa did us a favour and gave the Riders a new bone to go after by defeating the Lions. Now, Toronto is a different beast altogether. Hot and cold, good and bad. 

Ricky Ray vs BLM.  In Calgary. Too much to ask?

Does anybody know if Mitchell still has a sore limb. Could be huge factor. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Man BC is teh shits now... They've really fallen off without the ginger. Would love to see them lose to Ottawa here. Imagine if the Riders were actually able to surpass the Lions in the West??? 

Funny how people were shitting on his arm/shoulder because of his past injuries. Give me a guy that can read a defence before a cannon arm any day.