3 stars + HH BC edition.

wbbfan

2 hours ago, PegCityJets9 said:

I'll say this - I wish or OC had balls half as big as our HC.

Huh? I was thinking neither one of them had any balls. What takes balls is not going with your favorites all the time and giving other players a chance to play, especially when the current ones are shitting the bed. Don't confuse balls with stupidity. 61 yard FG attempts and ill-advised 3rd down gambles are stupid not ballsy.

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Huh? I was thinking neither one of them had any balls. What takes balls is not going with your favorites all the time and giving other players a chance to play, especially when the current ones are shitting the bed. Don't confuse balls with stupidity. 61 yard FG attempts and ill-advised 3rd down gambles are stupid not ballsy.

It takes balls to kick an onside field goal. A play that hasn't been attempted in years, and won't be attempted for years to come again. Go back to judging that field goal last year all you want. Going for it on 3rd down is just as 50/50 as attempting a tough FG to try and win a game. I don't agree with the fake punt but it's not the first time a team has ever done it. It isn't the reason we lost the game either.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:20 AM, Eternal optimist said:

3. Medlock - Hope he doesn't get blamed too much for that miss, I think we've been spoiled by his consistency, and his punts were good. Plus the trick play (the converted one) was all on him.

Impossible to not give Mike Miller a ton of credit on that play... I can't imagine trying to corral a bouncing football in a pressure-packed situation like that...

On 7/22/2017 at 9:54 AM, Atomic said:

I think it's time to look at getting Flanders on the roster.  Harris has been so good as a receiver, it will not be difficult to get them both on the field at once.  Thorpe and Fogg can return kicks and Lankford can get acquainted with the practice roster.

agreed... I think I've said this after every single game this season... IMO having both Flanders and Harris in the line up would do wonders for our offense...

34 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Impossible to not give Mike Miller a ton of credit on that play... I can't imagine trying to corral a bouncing football in a pressure-packed situation like that...

agreed... I think I've said this after every single game this season... IMO having both Flanders and Harris in the line up would do wonders for our offense...

Wally platooned Harris with Logan for a couple of years in BC and I don't think Harris liked that situation very much as he wants to be "the guy".  Hard to say how he would feel about being platooned with Flanders now.

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wally platooned Harris with Logan for a couple of years in BC and I don't think Harris liked that situation very much as he wants to be "the guy".  Hard to say how he would feel about being platooned with Flanders now.

No running back likes sharing the load! I can tell you from experience. But if Harris still gets his touches in a running back/SB hybrid like a Durie I'm sure he won't have an issue with it. Gotta get Harris 20 plus touches a game. Gotta get and keep him in his groove.