Game 42 : Who Won @ Who Lost

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

This time out should have come long ago to slow the game down.

Why? Why take a time out when your team is getting killed and blew a lead and choked? Lol. 

How aboit instead of wrestling at the end to pretend you give a ****, you don't choke and blow a lead.   I hope they don't win another game this season.  This win a couple lose a couple won't ever end until we make changes. 

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

okay this is not a coaching problem this was clearly a goalie problem considering that Hellebuyck choked

It's a team problem.  They got dominated in the 3rd. Blaming the goalie when your entire team chokes in the 3rd is ridiculous.  

Maurice don't inspire much confidence 

Laine hurt? Stafford moves up. Just stupidity.  

No timeout after 3 2 after running around like fools for 3 minutes.  Ok. No timeout 26 seconds later when buffalo tied it? Inexcusable 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

4/6 points and 3 games in 4 days and let's fire the coach....

What is our record since Armia and Matthias have been back?

The players on the Jets don't seem to be able to concentrate for an entire game.

Attention span problem.

Like the goal they gave up at the end of the first period. Completely outplay the other team for 19 minutes, period coming to a close, relax, and let one in. Duh.

They just seem to lose attention for minutes, and sometimes entire periods, and just go from very good to crappy for no apparent reason.

Need to learn to focus.

Edited by Mark F

WE took the game to them for over 45 minutes and didn't finish on a LOT of chances AGAIN.

This game should have been out of reach by the third.

Trouba didn't have a strong game.

Armia needs to take Laine's place and move Staf up to the 2nd line and call Tanev back up.

ESA

MP L W

Matthias Lowry Staf

Copp Petan Tanev

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

The players on the Jets don't seem to be able to concentrate for an entire game.

Attention span problem.

Like the goal they gave up at the end of the first period. Completely outplay the other team for 19 minutes, period coming to a close, relax, and let one in. Duh.

They just seem to lose attention for minutes, and sometimes entire periods, and just go from very good to crappy for no apparent reason.

Need to learn to focus.

Trouba turned it over behind the net.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

exactly. Just stupid lack of focus. ( I wasn't blaming the goalie on that)

%^$* stupid.

This team is hard to be a fan of. If they were just lousy it would be one thing. But they should be much better than they are, with the players they've got.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Ducky said:

Yup. Turnovers. And penalties.  And gonna say it... did buff Play today? Our vets besides Wheeler and Little didn't show up. 

Ppl talk about the kids... really lol cuz the kids (scheif Lowry Armia ehlers Laine Morrissey Trouba ) have been our best 

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I wasn't posting what I think Maurice would do...I was posting what I would do. Armia deserves the chance more than Staf does.

It's kind of pointless tho to post what you would do. I've recently come to that conclusion cuz bottom line what we want... we won't get. It's easier to just guess at what Maurice will do. History has shown what he will do 

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

okay this is not a coaching problem this was clearly a goalie problem considering that Hellebuyck choked

4th goal: Morrossey let's O'Reilly walk out on front. Morrissey then lays down on the ice allowing him to slide around and out wait Helle. 

3rd goal: buffalo wins draw. Toby sits on ice instead of clearing.  Trouba can't clear. Tony let's saber skate right past him unmolested.  

2nd goal: Jets don't clear the puck deeply. Bad line change. Morrissey and buff standing stationary ar blue line. Saber takes puck and is on break away from blue line. Helle almost makes amazing save. 

Goaltending was not the issue. D was the issue. Bad line changes was the issue. Lackadaisical play was the issue.  

This team underperforms consistently. 

Time will tell but I think he has sat some players this year when they needed that nobody thought he would sit. Stu is a fine example. Hoe many of us would have thought Stu wold only have as many games as he does by the half way mark. When the team is healthy, Thorbs sits.