Game 40 : Cold @ Hot

Complete bone head penalty on Trouba at the end.... he had time and space and flips it over the boards....     Helle had a lot of rebounds but most of those goals were break downs on our part.

Armia and Matthias were robbed tonight... we could of put in more. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Complete bone head penalty on Trouba at the end.... he had time and space and flips it over the boards....     Helle had a lot of rebounds but most of those goals were break downs on our part.

Armia and Matthias were robbed tonight... we could of put in more. 

honestly the refs can't handle the jets winning, if it's this bad during the season they're probably worse during the post season, and I can barely even remember the jets first post-season

Tampa dominated for periods of the game. Helle was very very good especially in the first and the 3rd for that matter. Yeah. Tampa scored a few in the third but helle made some huge saves. 

Didn't like the play of the 4th line at all and Postma and Chiarot.  Everyone else was pretty solid. Buff coasting back in to our zone last on the 2nd Tampa goal. 

Still odd coaching decisions like stafford on the PP and PK and a very passive PK in general. 

But a good rebound game after a very lackluster effort against the Islanders 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tampa dominated for periods of the game. Helle was very very good especially in the first and the 3rd for that matter. Yeah. Tampa scored a few in the third but helle made some huge saves. 

Didn't like the play of the 4th line at all and Postma and Chiarot.  Everyone else was pretty solid. Buff coasting back in to our zone last on the 2nd Tampa goal. 

Still odd coaching decisions like stafford on the PP and PK and a very passive PK in general. 

But a good rebound game after a very lackluster effort against the Islanders 

4th line was terrible you need Tanev or someone like him on that line, Postma and Chiarot are what we have at the moment but I did hear that Myers skated today. 

No forwards over 20 minutes again.

Wheeler was a beast.

TB had trouble with Ehlers' speed tonight.

If not for Helle, we are down by at least two coming out of the 1st.

Trouba had a really strong game.

I thought Scheif looked better than he has in awhile.

Armia could have had 4 and Matthias and Lowry could have had two each.

Excellent 2nd period.

Sure hope Helle gets the start tomorrow night.

We have better than league average goaltending from helle 5 on 5. Our PK kills us tho. It's legit cost us games and almost cost us another tonight. I remember plenty of games that we have lost because our PK is almost dead last. You give us a average PK... we probably have 5 or 6 more wins if not more... there was a stretch where helle didn't let in a 5 on 5 goal for 2 games and we went 1 and 1. 

Our PK is our downfall and will be the reason we miss the playoffs 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

No forwards over 20 minutes again.

Wheeler was a beast.

TB had trouble with Ehlers' speed tonight.

If not for Helle, we are down by at least two coming out of the 1st.

Trouba had a really strong game.

I thought Scheif looked better than he has in awhile.

Armia could have had 4 and Matthias and Lowry could have had two each.

Excellent 2nd period.

Sure hope Helle gets the start tomorrow night.

Give Hutch Buffalo or don't play him again until helle is gassed 

If it were me, Hutch would get LA and the Ducks this month...barring anything crazy happening of course.

Playing Helle  tomorrow is a no brainer and I would play him in Buffalo with over 2 days between games. I'd also give him the Flames and the Habs at home and the 1st of a b2b with the Coyotes and Kings.

There is not much room for error at all. If we are going to make the playoffs. We need to start getting wins. We'll get better when Myers comes back and I think making the playoffs this year will pay dividends in one or two years. No letting up, take it to the Panthers tomorrow night and let's start something this month. Everyone is more or less healthy once Myers is back. We are back to a regular NHL schedule.

We had three lines tonight that were a pleasure to watch. If Armia starts putting them in, Laine better watch out.

Oh ya, ESL had a lot of jump tonight and need to be a big part of the win again tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ducky

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

We have better than league average goaltending from helle 5 on 5. Our PK kills us tho. It's legit cost us games and almost cost us another tonight. I remember plenty of games that we have lost because our PK is almost dead last. You give us a average PK... we probably have 5 or 6 more wins if not more... there was a stretch where helle didn't let in a 5 on 5 goal for 2 games and we went 1 and 1. 

Our PK is our downfall and will be the reason we miss the playoffs 

Let me show you mathematically how wrong you are.

We are about 5% under the league average in PK. We are about 76% and the average is about 81%. Not exactly but you will see how much 1% matters and I am much closer than 1%.

130 times shorthanded x (1 - 0.81) = .19 So, instead of 24% we have 19% of the time we get scored on.

The difference is 5% so 0.05 x 130 times shorthanded = 6.5 goals but I will add a half and make it 7 goals.

To win 6 more games we would have had to allow 12 less goals to win because if we lost by 1 goal, we would need two goals to win that game. I am saying that we lost only by one goal and if we lost by more it would even take more goals so for the sake of argument let's say we lost those games by one goal. If we allowed 7 less goals, we would have at best won 4 more games.

We have had 1200 shots against. If the goalies had a better sv% by .005, they would have saved 6 more goals. The argument could be made that had we got average goaltending, we would have won 3 more games and had 45 points instead of 39. I didn't even mention the soft goal Helle let in last night.

As far as comparing him to Price or saying he is top 5 in the league in goaltending, tell me which one of Price, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk, Rask, Holtby, Murray or Jones he is better than? I named 7 to give you a chance.

I know you are saying it is the coaching but the thing you have to understand is Maurice isn't getting fired this season. People are getting sick of hearing you drone on about it. Every time you tell me I said it was goaltending as the number one reason we are doing poorly I am going to copy and paste this reply to you from December 11 of this season...

"Where did I say it was the biggest problem???? I have said all along that injuries have been the biggest problem."

Maurice isn't getting fired this season, get over it. The team won last night and you were still looking for an argument after the game. I would have educated you last night but I was enjoying my Red Stripes too much.

Edited by Ducky

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

We are about 5% under the league average in PK. We are about 76% and the average is about 81%. Not exactly but you will see how much 1% matters and I am much closer than 1%.

130 times shorthanded x (1 - 0.81) = .19 So, instead of 24% we have 19% of the time we get scored on.

The difference is 5% so 0.05 x 130 times shorthanded = 6.5 goals but I will add a half and make it 7 goals.

To win 6 more games we would have had to allow 12 less goals to win because if we lost by 1 goal, we would need two goals to win that game. I am saying that we lost only by one goal and if we lost by more it would even take more goals so for the sake of argument let's say we lost those games by one goal. If we allowed 7 less goals, we would have at best won 4 more games.

We have had 1200 shots against. If the goalies had a better sv% by .005, they would have saved 6 more goals. The argument could be made that had we got average goaltending, we would have won 3 more games and had 45 points instead of 39. I didn't even mention the soft goal Helle let in last night.

As far as comparing him to Price or saying he is top 5 in the league in goaltending, tell me which one of Price, Bobrovsky, Dubnyk, Rask, Holtby, Murray or Jones he is better than? I named 7 to give you a chance.

I know you are saying it is the coaching but the thing you have to understand is Maurice isn't getting fired this season. People are getting sick of hearing you drone on about it. Every time you tell me I said it was goaltending as the number one reason we are doing poorly I am going to copy and paste this reply to you from December 11 of this season...

"Where did I say it was the biggest problem???? I have said all along that injuries have been the biggest problem."

Maurice isn't getting fired this season, get over it. The team won last night and you were still looking for an argument after the game. I would have educated you last night but I was enjoying my Red Stripes too much.

i-m-off-my-meds-today-funny-fridge-magne

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

At what point do you get the ban hammer. I'm thinking it might be soo. 

Edited by Goalie