Game 40 : Cold @ Hot

if the coach is responsible for the penalty killing unit and the players taking too many penalties way too many penalties actually then Maurice is part of the problem. Injuries were a huge part of the problem. Players underperforming are another reason. I don't put the blame on the power play because we are tied for around 15th as of last night. I even think part of the problem was the horrendous schedule and of course the goaltending is below average.

Edited by Ducky

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

After suffering zero consequences for that embarrassing loss Jets spent the day enjoying fun and sun in Florida. Must Be nice. 

If they lay an egg these two games they won't like the reception they get back in Winnipeg. 

Interesting comments out of Columbus... that one of the first things Torts did was get rid of the game day skate... so maybe rest isn't so bad after all.

Assuming they will actually practice between Saturday and Tues... of course

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You blame one guy as well. Hint: I won't say his name as we all know who it is.

Yeah. I should probably start blaming rookies to the nhl and not the 500 career coach who has been around for years and had the same results everywhere he's coached.  Silly me. Lack of discipline crap pk penalties stupid line shuffling and roster decisions are totally not on the coaches.  

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. I should probably start blaming rookies to the nhl and not the 500 career coach who has been around for years and had the same results everywhere he's coached.  Silly me. Lack of discipline crap pk penalties stupid line shuffling and roster decisions are totally not on the coaches.  

I'm just saying you're criticizing Ducky for something you do here all the time. You keep saying that it's always Maurice's fault.

Because Maurice has future hall of famers like Thorbs and Burmi and Chiarot and Stu and Hutrch and Postma and 4 rookies and 4 players that were rookies last season and injuries and schedule and players under-performingand and sub-par goaltending....any coach should have his team in 1st place with those hurdles.....that's why.

35 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Because Maurice has future hall of famers like Thorbs and Burmi and Chiarot and Stu and Hutrch and Postma and 4 rookies and 4 players that were rookies last season and injuries and schedule and players under-performingand and sub-par goaltending....any coach should have his team in 1st place with those hurdles.....that's why.

These posts are the problem. 

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Spent the least in the league last year I think and one of the lowest this year...or that doesn't matter either?

So back when you predicted the team would get 90+ points after TC, that was because the organization was so cheap?

No one - other than you - claimed the Jets would be in 1st place...   and you only said it just now so you could start arguing against imaginary people.

Now settle down and be nice.

you-get-nothing-o.gif

I remember saying they had a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs.

I remember you not being that smart back then either.

Edit ... not true, I looked it up yesterday and saw somewhere I said they had a 50/50 chance, I didn't remember ... this was before the 150 or whatever games missed to injury.

Edited by Ducky

A lot of responsibility falls to the coach.  That's why bad teams often fire the coach (or two or three) before changing management or making blockbuster trades.  Its easier to fire the coach.  There is always the thought that a team is better than they seem so it must be the coach's problem. And ultimately, if it comes down to coach vs players, players will back each other and coach goes.

The schedule was an issue for the Jets this year.  Coupled with injuries.  But there are leadership issues with Maurice as a coach.  They've come out flat and seemingly unprepared in some games.  In more games then not, they have a lousy second period.  They play poor team D. 

Someone here (cant remember who) pointed that Maurice using the schedule as an excuse publicly gives the players an out.  Was that a bad decision or an effort to protect his team?

What he did to Helle last week was awful. 

Maurice always seems like a hockey genius when he speaks.  He might have a future as a TSN analyst.  But sometimes it seems like he tries too hard to prove how smart he is and it backfires.

The Jets seem like a solid locker room.  They seem to play better when the chips are down (injuries etc).  But they are too inconsistent.  And that will fall on the coach.

Now watch them rattle off three wins on this road trip because Jets.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A lot of responsibility falls to the coach.  That's why bad teams often fire the coach (or two or three) before changing management or making blockbuster trades.  Its easier to fire the coach.  There is always the thought that a team is better than they seem so it must be the coach's problem. And ultimately, if it comes down to coach vs players, players will back each other and coach goes.

The schedule was an issue for the Jets this year.  Coupled with injuries.  But there are leadership issues with Maurice as a coach.  They've come out flat and seemingly unprepared in some games.  In more games then not, they have a lousy second period.  They play poor team D. 

Someone here (cant remember who) pointed that Maurice using the schedule as an excuse publicly gives the players an out.  Was that a bad decision or an effort to protect his team?

What he did to Helle last week was awful. 

Maurice always seems like a hockey genius when he speaks.  He might have a future as a TSN analyst.  But sometimes it seems like he tries too hard to prove how smart he is and it backfires.

The Jets seem like a solid locker room.  They seem to play better when the chips are down (injuries etc).  But they are too inconsistent.  And that will fall on the coach.

Now watch them rattle off three wins on this road trip because Jets.

I think you're bang on here. My unsolicited advice to him would be to simplify, KISS.