Game 40 : Cold @ Hot

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I would play Helle in every game until its a back to back or he looks particularly bad.  Treat him like a starting goalie.

Back to back starts tonight...you want Hutch to start tomorrow?

I'd play Helle both games AND in Buffalo.

Edited by Ducky

20 minutes ago, iHeart said:

he did that with Hutch in the 14-15 season and it nearly sunk the season.

The 38 games he played?  With the 2.39 GAA and .914 Save %?

Helle is better than Hutch.  I mean I guess we could just say well we dont have a goalie and rotate them every period.  Or we could accept that Helle has the talent to be a starter, accept that he is the starter and treat him like one and let him develop.  Im not sure publicly calling him below average and benching him against the best team in the league after a great performance against Chicago is the best coaching method.  But what do I know.

I think the Jets win 4-2 tonight and 5-2 if we get an empty net goal. I also think they come outta gates flying and will be all over TB.

ESL should be well rested. The team has had time to practice. Postma and Chiarot battling to see who gets replaced. Copp should have a good game trying to show Maurice he deserves to stay.

Maurice needs to keep the forwards' TOI down and play the 4th line more than 8 minutes... especially since we play FL tomorrow... He has a 4th line now, he should use it. I have noticed a LOT of the games we have played well in are games that all or most forwards played under 20 minutes. Staying outta the sin bin goes without saying.

He also needs to keep Buff and Trouba around 24 minutes. edit ... Trouba seems to play better the more he plays and Buff the opposite... I think all 4 top D men could handle 24 minutes. Leave Postma/Chiarot with about 12 each ...

It's a new year and if they have dreams of making the playoffs this season, tonight would be a really good place to start.

Edited by Ducky