Chevy

Ducky

• 2 weeks later...

Our D depth is absolutely putrid and now we are calling up Strait.....probably next to no chance he dresses but Chevy HAS to fix this no later than the off-season...I think he should go the free agency route but I don't care how he does it, we need LHD help yesterday!

Just now, Ducky said:

Our D depth is absolutely putrid and now we are calling up Strait.....probably next to no chance he dresses but Chevy HAS to fix this no later than the off-season...I think he should go the free agency route but I don't care how he does it, we need LHD help yesterday!

Kris Russel, Dan Hamhuis, etc... there were a few 'over-rated' vets that could have been signed last off-season - these are 'Chevy' level signings that would have helped out our third pairing

I have to agree with your Alzner idea...  Chevy needs to do something to make this team a contender, especially if there's only 1 or 2 seasons left to convince Trouba to stay.

He could always trade Trouba for some LHD help. That's an option and i think a likely one, especially if theres no extension on July 1st for Trouba.. I think what you will see with Trouba is 2 possibilities , 1... he is traded at the draft or 2. He actually sticks around and signs long term July 1st when he can. 

Hamhuis wouldn't come here, he wanted to stay out west, this is a guy who refused to move his no move clause when Dallas, the team he signed with eventually wanted to trade for him, Russell? He's basically Mark Stuart. 

Just now, Goalie said:

He could always trade Trouba for some LHD help. That's an option and i think a likely one, especially if theres no extension on July 1st for Trouba.. I think what you will see with Trouba is 2 possibilities , 1... he is traded at the draft or 2. He actually sticks around and signs long term July 1st when he can. 

Hamhuis wouldn't come here, he wanted to stay out west, this is a guy who refused to move his no move clause when Dallas, the team he signed with eventually wanted to trade for him, Russell? He's basically Mark Stuart. 

Trade Trouba for LHD help and then be desperate for a RHD when Myers gets injured again...

Russel is Stuart who hasn't lost a step yet... I'd take that right now.

If Hamhuis wanted to stay out west, Dallas is probably the wrong location.

Chevy has taken the Atlanta Thrashers and rebuilt them into the 2011 oilers.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Trade Trouba for LHD help and then be desperate for a RHD when Myers gets injured again...

Russel is Stuart who hasn't lost a step yet... I'd take that right now.

If Hamhuis wanted to stay out west, Dallas is probably the wrong location.

Chevy has taken the Atlanta Thrashers and rebuilt them into the 2011 oilers.

Only Pav Buff Stu Wheeler Little and Thorburn remain from that 2011 team. 

The rest are either elsewhere in the NHL (Ladd,Hainsey,Fehr,Burmi,Bogo,Kane) or out of the league and game entirely. 

Just now, Ducky said:

Enstrom

Yes. Enstrom also. So he kept the 2 best d men, our captain and 1 of the best 2 way centers in the league, and Pav Stu and Thor (inexcusable there) but for the most part... Keeping Buff Enstrom Wheeler and Little was the right thing to do. 

I think Alzner and Greiss and we make the playoffs. Alzner would be expensive. I might trade a 4th for exclusive rights after the season and before UFA starts. I can't see the Caps affording him.

Put him with Buff and let Buff roam all he wants. He'll help out the PK big time too.

Alzner Buff

Morrissey Trouba

Enstrom Myers

Postma 7th D man and Poolman (if he signs with us) to the farm.

I'd waive Stu next year if I couldn't trade him or give him away.

edit ... Alzner 6m x 6...Greiss 5m x 3.

Edited by Ducky

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Like Goalie said, d prospects are coming. Poolman (assuming he signs), Niku. Stanley in a couple of years. 

But a better depth guy than straight would be nice 

You think Poolman is going make it? I wonder why they couldn't lure him away from UND last spring/summer. I know about his brother, but you would think that the prospect of playing in the NHL would be a strong enough enticement? I wonder what they truly think of him.

22 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Postma 7th D man and Poolman (if he signs with us) to the farm.

What? You want the Jets to send a college kid to AHL? This is a first. I thought you would have him playing top pairing d minutes next year?!

(I'm just bugging you, of course)

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Like Goalie said, d prospects are coming. Poolman (assuming he signs), Niku. Stanley in a couple of years. 

But a better depth guy than straight would be nice 

Like I said, nothing in the pipe until 2-3 years from now... by then, Enstrom will be done, Myers might be done and Trouba may have left...

Sami Niku will be a good 3rd pairing, maybe 2nd if we're lucky by 2018-19

Knee injury at 18 to a borderline guy like Stanley... not good.  

Kostalek and Kichton have plateaued as AHL, Chiarot seems to be regressing, Jack Glover is a bust

Chevy will likely be forced to give up Roslo or Connor to fix our D...

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

You think Poolman is going make it? I wonder why they couldn't lure him away from UND last spring/summer. I know about his brother, but you would think that the prospect of playing in the NHL would be a strong enough enticement? I wonder what they truly think of him.

According to heisinger who spoke about him last night it was due to playing with his brother and he seems to think once UND is done... Poolman signs