Chevy

Ducky

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No.  I think Chevy wanted a long term deal and agreed to compromise when Trouba agreed to sign a lower salary on a bridge deal.  And there might be a promise to trade him...who knows.

I tend to agree with this. Not sure about the promise to trade him thing... think if Myers proved he could stay healthy trouba might be dealt but not sure he will be anymore. Chevy wanted long term. Trouba wanted out. The compromise was Trouba plays or sits at home 

43 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Pretty hard to pass on Connor... but Chabot would be a nice piece to have right now.  Maybe Juulsen too.

Same with Phillipe Myers.  The whole league missed on him...

Heard jets had interest in Juulsen at the draft but couldn't pass on Roslovic.  

Chabot? Don't think he was ever really an option for the Jets. 

Guys I heard they had interest in minus the obvious mcdavid Eichel... 

Hanifin Provorov Juulsen Connor Roslovic Boeser and the kid from Halifax... Timo Meir I think his name is. San Jose took him but Jets tried trading up for him. 

I think they made a pretty decent offer to Arizona for pick 3 and if accepted it would have been to take 1 of Hanifin or Provorov. Coyotes said no thanks tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Heard jets had interest in Juulsen at the draft but couldn't pass on Roslovic.  

Chabot? Don't think he was ever really an option for the Jets. 

Guys I heard they had interest in minus the obvious mcdavid Eichel... 

Hanifin Provorov Juulsen Connor Roslovic Boeser and the kid from Halifax... Timo Meir I think his name is. San Jose took him but Jets tried trading up for him. 

I think they made a pretty decent offer to Arizona for pick 3 and if accepted it would have been to take 1 of Hanifin or Provorov. Coyotes said no thanks tho. 

If Boston drafts half-normal, Chabot is a Jet...  not going to complain when Connor scores 30 though.

I was a huge fan of the Connor pick - but looking at 2015, Chabot, Erikson-Ek and White are better picks for the Jets than Connor...

One FA signing, a trade or signing Trouba long-term changes all this of course...

• 2 weeks later...

Chevy, open your eyes.....look at our 3rd pairing D and frickin do your job already. Everybody and his dog has seen it for awhile for now, do something about it. Maurice doesn't trust Chiarot and Postma enough to give them decent minutes so Buff and Trouba and the others have to play more minutes than they should be playing. GET US A D MAN!

But today it was trouba and buff messing up more than Postma and Chiarot.  

I'll be the first to admit that upgrading the 3rd pair would help but that upgrade is Myers.  I mean if everyone was healthy and here all year 

Buff Morrissey 

Trouba Enstrom 

Myers Chiamelchistuart 

It makes a difference but games like today... I'm not sure blaming a 3rd pairing or 4th line who honestly don't play enough to make a difference is relevant. 

The collapse started on a trouba turnover 

It really started tho when a bad line change happened and buff was on the left side of the ice with Morrissey just standing around. 

Postma Chiarot aren't good but... Buff standing around on 2 goals today roving around... hurts more than our 3rd pairing do 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Buff morrossey toby and trouba were all making mistakes today. 

Buff Trouba being the main culprits for sure. Buff needs to understand that playing in the D zone is pretty important for a D man. Trouba made the right play but messed up a bit but agreed. .. our top 4 and top overall d man in buff struggled big time 

I'm not blaming today's loss on the D. Where did I say that?

It is a fact that Buff plays better when under 25 minutes and with those two, he almost always plays over 25 minutes.

We need a better 6th D even when Myers gets back because he is nowhere near enough to hide either Postma's or Chiarot's deficiencies. He makes it better solely because he is a better D man than they are and is more than a 3rd pairing D man.

Maurice has already he said he has used him to much because they have been chasing games....we have Myers back, you watch Buff's TOI drop.

His TOI should decrease anyway, he is one of the biggest underachievers on the team this year whether you agree with me or not.

“It’s that time of the year where the evaluation process is honed-in and the needs and wants and desires of each team are discussed,” said Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. “You set out with some marching orders from there.

“I would suspect over the next 10 to 15 to 20 games, as you get closer towards that deadline, you’ll see chatter and intrigue pick up from that standpoint.”

Cheveldayoff is not ready to throw in the towel — or start trading away pending UFAs like Drew Stafford and Paul Postma — especially with top goal-scorer Patrik Laine and defenceman Tyler Myers expected back sometime soon from injury.

“A lot of it depends on the injury situation for us here,” said Cheveldayoff. “We hope to get Patrik Laine back in the lineup as soon as possible, as soon as he’s medically able. And the same goes for Tyler Myers.

Those are two key pieces for us in that realm.

“There’s lots of games to be played yet and a lot of discussions to have internally and externally before you can classify us or a lot of teams as truly buyers or sellers.”

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

He's delusional if he thinks the Jets are not sellers.

Funny that the writer thinks that Postma would have trade value.  Stafford doesn't even have trade value right now.

It's unfortunate that Stafford couldn't of put up at least double  his output...  he could of net us a guy that could play on our 3rd pairing on D or at least a decent prospect.    At best I assume now he goes for a bag of pucks and maybe a 4th rounder. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's unfortunate that Stafford couldn't of put up at least double  his output...  he could of net us a guy that could play on our 3rd pairing on D or at least a decent prospect.    At best I assume now he goes for a bag of pucks and maybe a 4th rounder. 

Best case is probably a waiver claim.  Last night's 'i give up' goal probably cost Chevy a chance at that 4th round pick. 

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Stafford at best will get us a 4th rounder at the TD. Not as good as Stempy's 2nd/4th or even Tlusty's 3rd+conditional but what you expect for 31yr old who don't hit and coming off worst year ever.

I'm not saying this is untrue but if it is true, why are we holding on to him?....get rid of him now. Everything the Sabres' fans said about him was true.

Stafford will probably get more than people think at the deadline.  Guys like him... gms love them at times. Why? Because he can score. Ya he hasn't this year but 21 goals last year. GM's are stupid and desperate come playoffs time.. he'll get a 3rd or leave for free. Either way .. whatever 

He probably hasn't been traded yet cuz there is a thing called a salary cap 

Edited by Goalie

A salary cap and Chevy needs him for when the team goes on a run.

I can see a team giving up a 3rd for him at the TD...if you could get a 4th for him now, why wait for spring...do it now. I haven't liked Staf since last year. I was looking for the things the Sabres' fans were complaining about and I couldn't see it in him for the stretch run to the playoffs right after the trade. Saw them the next year though...disappearing for games on end...really streaky goal scorer....lacked effort....couldn't play D. Where they were wrong was they said he always plays well in the last year of his contract...I'd rather see Tanev and Connor in the lineup than Thorbs and Staf but I guess we need that "vet" presence. After all, they are going to be growing with the team for the next few years, no? Why dress Tanev?