US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There has been no rejection of the far left.  As someone else pointed out, its electability.  Its about beating Trump.  Its a bad sign for Trump actually.  Although almost all signs are bad for Trump.  

There was an excellent blog here:

https://cnu.edu/wasoncenter/2019/07/01-2020-election-forecast/

"In July of 2018, my innovative forecasting model raised eyebrows by predicting some four months before the midterm election that Democrats would pick up 42 seats in the House of Representatives. In hindsight, that may not seem such a bold prediction, but when my forecast was released, election Twitter was still having a robust debate as to whether the Blue Wave would be large enough for Democrats to pick up the 23 seats they needed to take control of the House of Representatives and return the Speaker’s gavel to Nancy Pelosi."

Well worth the read

40 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Fact check: A list of 28 ways Trump and his team have been dishonest about the coronavirus

By Daniel Dale and Tara Subramaniam, CNN

Updated 2:38 PM ET, Wed March 11, 2020

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump has been comprehensively misinforming the public about the coronavirus.

Trump has littered his public remarks on the life-and-death subject with false, misleading and dubious claims. And he has been joined, on occasion, by senior members of his administration.
We've counted 28 different ways the President and his team have been inaccurate. Here is a chronological list, which may be updated as additional misinformation comes to our attention.

(more)

Only 28?  FAKE NEWS.....

This is so shady... 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-secrecy-exclusive-idUSKBN20Y2LM

"The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

Staffers without security clearances, including government experts, were excluded from the interagency meetings, which included video conference calls, the sources said.

“We had some very critical people who did not have security clearances who could not go,” one official said. “These should not be classified meetings. It was unnecessary.”

10 minutes ago, do or die said:

No, but I like being ahead of the curve.  By watching Fox, I have a pretty good idea of what idiocy Trump will tweet about next.

We are fortunate to have the choices we do, that should be enough to keep everyone happy. There is no need to call people names because they watch Fox News, is there? 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

To foster discussion of the topic from both sides of the spectrum since Zontar and I appear to be the only ying for the yang. 

It would be much more beneficial to the discusion if you guys would support your points of view with some facts from legitimate sources. 

I really do appreciate you and @Zontar differing opinions and views on these matters. My only ask is that you would source your facts better.

Just now, pigseye said:

We are fortunate to have the choices we do, that should be enough to keep everyone happy. There is no need to call people names because they watch Fox News, is there? 

For the record I check out Slate, Salon, Daily Beast on one end.......Brietbart, Daily Caller, and Gateway Pundit on the other......and virtually everything in between.

ps.  in the past....have actually spend some time in a couple of countries with only a single (government) source of news.

To foster discussion of the topic from both sides of the spectrum since Zontar and I appear to be the only ying for the yang. 

If by ying you mean completely ignorant, wilfully disruptive, needlessly contrarian, totally disingenuous, and utterly incapable of substantiating any of your claims from a basis of objectivity or reason... then I agree.

The reality is this, though: you're not to here to foster anything of value and that's evidenced by the content you both continue to post in this sub-forum. Don't claim to be some moderate voice of reason here when all you've done flies right in the very face of that claim.

It takes some next level arrogance and delusion to think you're fooling anybody here. Taking a legitimate contrarian approach actually requires effort, BTW.

Just now, do or die said:

For the record I check out Slate, Salon, Daily Beast on one end.......Brietbart, Daily Caller, and Gateway Pundit on the other......and virtually everything in between.

ps.  in the past....have actually spend some time in a couple of countries with only a single (government) source of news.

Then you, more than anyone, should appreciate the choices we have. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they are all smelly, don't know who coined that but I love it. 

Then you, more than anyone, should appreciate the choices we have. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them and they are all smelly, don't know who coined that but I love it. 

What precisely did I actually say about not appreciating the choices that we have?

Edited by do or die

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If by ying you mean completely ignorant, wilfully disruptive, needlessly contrarian, totally disingenuous, and utterly incapable of substantiating any of your claims from a basis of objectivity or reason... then I agree.

The reality is this, though: you're not to here to foster anything of value and that's evidenced by the content you both continue to post in this sub-forum. Don't claim to be some moderate voice of reason here when all you've done flies right in the very face of that claim.

It takes some next level arrogance and delusion to think you're fooling anybody here. Taking a legitimate contrarian approach actually requires effort, BTW.

You forgot, in my opinion, which you are entitled to. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

What precisely did I actually say about not appreciating the choices that we have?

I was merely pointing out that people are free to get their news from wherever they like, even Fox, which you made fun of a couple posts back. I think it's pretty juvenile to be slagging some okie Trump supporter because he gets his news from Fox. 

Just now, pigseye said:

You forgot, in my opinion, which you are entitled to. 

0/10 for language ability again, piggy. Is a coherent response too much to ask? Is a modicum of effort too much to ask? Or am I setting the bar unreasonably high for you? I mean, the wittiest thing you've managed is to call someone Greta.

I guess I answered my own questions.

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I was merely pointing out that people are free to get their news from wherever they like, even Fox, which you made fun of a couple posts back. I think it's pretty juvenile to be slagging some okie Trump supporter because he gets his news from Fox. 

Well, people should take advantage of the multitude of choices, that we both appreciate having. 
The problem (on both extreme sides of the spectrum)  is not doing that and basically just ending up in a form of intellectual cul de sac.... without being able to logically evaluate information, or to exercise some critical thinking

Edited by do or die

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

0/10 for language ability again, piggy. Is a coherent response too much to ask? Is a modicum of effort too much to ask? Or am I setting the bar unreasonably high for you? I mean, the wittiest thing you've managed is to call someone Greta.

I guess I answered my own questions.

If you won't discuss the topic at hand I'm going to have to ignore you, why haven't you ignored me btw? Am I like crack to you?