Odds and Sods - West Semi- Bombers at BC

do or die

Oshea didn't lose the game at the end.

the way i see it is if he goes for it on third down and doesn't get it, we lose,. If make the field goal, we win.  If we miss we lose.   At least he took a shot and went for the win.   Tough situation where the d folded in the second half.

i don't get the Nichols hate either.   After 5 games we insert him we win 10 more games?????  When is the last time we won 10 games in a season?  2011?  Did everyone forget how many qbs we have gone through since then and how many losses we've racked up?   You sign him IF you can and play him till someone steals his job.

the team played hard almost every game this year.   THe team out performed mY expectations and oshea gets credit for that. 

Lapo?   The offence scored enough points to win games and were scoring in the high 20s low 30s.   When's the last time that happened here.  2011??????

Hall?  No so sure.   The players made a lot of interceptions/ take always this year.   But they also gave up a lot of yards in a lot of those wins.   Yesterday was a prime example of lack of blitzing, while playing 10 yards off recievers.  In the 4th quater BBC players where WIDE open.    If I was pulling the strings I would be looking to replace him if someone better came up.

the team is far ahead of last year and the years before that.  Where do we need upgrades to get us over the top?  I'm not sure. 

But after week 4 I had already lost hope and was mad at the same old ****... 

On 11/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, blueandgoldguy said:

Khari set all sorts of records with Paul as OC so I don't buy that.  There were some plays out there for Nichols in the second half and he failed to capitalize.  Bombers can win a Grey Cup with Lapo as OC but I doubt they will with Matt Nichols.

With a 19 point lead one of the easiest ways to let another team back into the game is turnovers, so not forcing plays that aren't there is the wise choice.

But the Bombers still had to trade punches with BC in the second half, instead they mostly took it on the chin.  The defence didn't have the edge over BC's offence for over a half of football, and our offence largely lost the battle with their D in the second half.  When I look at it that way, losing by a point seems like the correct outcome.

20 hours ago, mbrg said:

With a 19 point lead one of the easiest ways to let another team back into the game is turnovers, so not forcing plays that aren't there is the wise choice.

But the Bombers still had to trade punches with BC in the second half, instead they mostly took it on the chin.  The defence didn't have the edge over BC's offence for over a half of football, and our offence largely lost the battle with their D in the second half.  When I look at it that way, losing by a point seems like the correct outcome.

A tale of two halves, that's for sure.

It's a game, for me at least, in a very long time where I didn't think we were going to lose right to the moment we were 3rd and four with 36 seconds left.

Then, the feeling crept in. 

37 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

A tale of two halves, that's for sure.

It's a game, for me at least, in a very long time where I didn't think we were going to lose right to the moment we were 3rd and four with 36 seconds left.

Then, the feeling crept in. 

Also, this might be the first time since... I can't even really remember... I was confident the offense would step up and get those 4 yards needed... but alas...