2003 // 2016

Noeller

So, this is so weird, but it deserves it's own thread: 

2003: We defeated Ottawa to clinch 11 wins. Sask beats BC in BC to create a 3 way tie for second, in which Bombers got second, Riders got third and BF crossed over. Obviously some irregularities but that's a LOT of interesting comparison........ 

You wanna hear strange comparisons?

1983: my dad was 27 years old, won a trip to the Grey Cup, Bombers were in a 20+ year Grey Cup drought but won 11 games and made it to the Grey Cup and eventually won it

2016: I'm 27 years old, I've got a 1 in 20 chance to win a trip to the Grey Cup next week, Bombers in a 20+ year drought and won 11 games this year

Come on good juju

4 hours ago, Mike said:

You wanna hear strange comparisons?

1983: my dad was 27 years old, won a trip to the Grey Cup, Bombers were in a 20+ year Grey Cup drought but won 11 games and made it to the Grey Cup and eventually won it

2016: I'm 27 years old, I've got a 1 in 20 chance to win a trip to the Grey Cup next week, Bombers in a 20+ year drought and won 11 games this year

Come on good juju

Dont mess this up for us mike. Win that trip and let history repeat it self. 

On 11/5/2016 at 9:34 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Bombers won the Cup in 1984, not 1983.  We should have gone all the way in 1983 but the Bombers couldn't deal with the noise in BC Place.  They rectified that in 1984.  I don't think crowd noise is going to be an issue this time.  

We would've been in the Grey Cup in 1983 if Clements hadn't gotten hurt.  We were absolutely killing the Lions in the first half of the WF.

Alas, when Huff came in, we flatlined.

Edited by johnzo

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:34 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Bombers won the Cup in 1984, not 1983.  We should have gone all the way in 1983 but the Bombers couldn't deal with the noise in BC Place.  They rectified that in 1984.  I don't think crowd noise is going to be an issue this time.  

^^ correct. Typo.

ok cool.  So anyway, hope you get to go to the GC, and history repeats itself.  That being said, we're not the powerhouse team that we were in 1984.  We need a Ty Jones and a Tom Clements, with Rick House and Joe Pop at receiver.  We're a few drafts away from that yet.  Maybe we can trade Nichols for Collaros?  He's the closest QB to Clements I've seen in a long time. Also gets hurt just as much.