October 27 Practice

Slingin Sammy

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

One place I notice Wild's absence is in the backfield chasing the QB, where he often converges with Bass.  Burnett is good but I rarely notice him getting pressure on the QB.

Good point. It did seem like he got more pressure on blitzes than Burnett does. I wonder if they still blitz him a much as they did Wild? I haven't really paid attention to that.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Wild is getting by on reputation alone, he hasn't been that great this year... I actually don't think theres even been a noticeable drop off at the LB spot with him out of the lineup. I highly doubt he's back next season. 

Wow! Funny how different things stand out to different fans. Whenever I see him play I am always amazed at how he never takes a play off and always seems to be involved in the play somehow and is often a beast in there. I almost always consider him one of the players of the game, I find it so hard to not notice him. No he's not a superstar but his motor is always running. I've really missed him since he's been out -- one of my favorites. Of course, if there is someone better, then onwards and upwards. :)

On 10/27/2016 at 9:01 PM, tracker said:

I think that, barring injury, we've seen the last of the Macho Man in blue and gold. Time has exacted its price.

I dont think its time or age. he was over rated as a starter at best imop. But his teams play was really good, and mos loves his teamers. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

If we can get (basically) our proper starting line-up (Wild and Chungh, basically) back and healthy for playoffs, then that's all that matters...we can get by the next couple games without 'em...

this x1000. Dont want the top guys to get rusty but if any one has any nagging minor injuries its a great time to rest guys and go into the play offs at 100%.