Olympics

Jpan85

16 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

The way this team is playing I don't think they care who they play.

Yeah they want to win and to win you gotta beat the best teams so doesn't really matter when you play them. I think they're all tough matchups once you move to eliminations anyway so send a message beating the Germans and go from there. 

On 08/08/2016 at 6:09 PM, Goalie said:

Women have won all medals so far 

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Really isn't a surprise, the mens athletes have been lacking compared to the ladies in summer sports for a long time. 

Canadian women are the best... period (no pun intended)... no other country compares and nothing will convince me otherwise... 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Canadian women are the best... period (no pun intended)... no other country compares and nothing will convince me otherwise... 

I'll narrow that down even more - Manitoba women are the best.  When I was in Mexico on a Bust loose trip while still in University, the contingent of Manitoba girls there could out-drink all the other women and most of the men from the rest of Canada.  They were a pretty tough bunch who could out-party anybody. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Was a fun race. Curious how he fares in the 200. Not a lotta 100 guys that can race the 200 well, aside from Bolt. Or, at least, that used to be the case. 

yeah Bolt is just a freak, there is no way a guy that tall with that long a stride should be able to have that quick a start. the 100m guys used to always be shorter and more powerful and have to take a bunch of steps but then here comes bolt who can hang with guys off the start and as the end of the race comes he just uses those great big long legs to keep powering through and leave them behind. Never see another guy like him I don't think. 

As for De Grasse, he's a bit of a slow starter too who gets faster as the race goes on so they say but given his stature I can't see him really being a threat in the 200m. Too many taller guys there who will use that natural advantage in the stride length to overcome slower starts. 

well geeze after watching the heats for the 200m perhaps I under estimated De Grasse. Kid is just fast. Still think guys like Bolt just with their size are tough to beat cause Bolt just jogged the end of the 200 and still won his heat comfortably but De Grasse didn't expend a ton winning his heat without trouble either. 

Apparently there's been a lotta miscommunication about this whole "bromance" thing...according to Scott Oake, who's been there on the scene, Bolt has actually been a little pissed off at De Grasse at times. When ADG tried to turn it on at the end and fake a win in the semi, Bolt was really not impressed and was telling him "Don't do that...not in a semi...." and De Grasse told him he was just joking and to relax...there's been a lot more tension between the two than most suspect. At least, according to an Oake piece on CBC.ca earlier today...fwiw, Bolt said "He's just young...he'll learn...."

CBC was showing some interviews that Bolt did with some other networks not being happy that he had to work harder in a semi final, but Donovan Bailey says it's just the competitive streak of each guy. De Grasse wants to win so he's trying to send a message and Bolt being older and coming in after the hamstring injury doesn't like being pushed. 

I think bottom line they do get along just fine but it's still competition and you still gotta do what you gotta do to take that edge into the final because everyone wants to win. 

This all has to do with money, Puma just gave DeGrasse a big bag of cash both Bolt and DeGrasse are both sponsored by them so the narrative is that they are buddies and the torch is being passed down, are they ? depends if you listen to the Canadian media or International media.