In Case You Missed it

Mr Dee

After week 6 
Bye - Hamilton

?‍?Irony. BC's DL Mic'hael Brooks, he who was fined for a low hit on DDurant, suffered a lower body injury in the BC Calgary game.

Regarding the Hardy neg. list fiasco.
Jones says the matter is over. The CFL says it's an organizational issue. Jones says “We decided we weren’t going to go there, exactly like I said yesterday, and that’s the end of discussion. I don’t want to answer another question, OK?” - CFLNews 
?‍?-I don't know who's right, but i do know Jones is involved again.

?‍?From my last year's notes....Sounds familiar..
1)"Not getting that one new receiver. The game buster, so to speak."
2)"No excitement on Offence, no running game."

3)Ottawa have no-huddle offences, Winnipeg have no offence huddles. 

Gary Lawless says the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are looking to build a team under Mike O’Shea’s leadership, and that O’Shea’s job isn’t in jeopardy. Lawless also says that newly-named starting quarterback Matt Nichols has management’s support heading into Edmonton.
 Listen to the explanation offered by Gary Lawless and his "sources".
?‍?He talks Drew and Nichols and such.
Interesting..
link...
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/lawless-bombers-have-faith-in-nichols-o-shea-1.532602

as per TSN’s Derek Taylor, Willy has connected on just 7 of 22 deep balls this season. Worse - 
Willy has thrown as many late-game interceptions over the past two weeks (3) as deep air-yard completions in his last three games (3).

Player                                          Drives    Touchdowns             Percentage
Mike Reilly, EDM                          54                         13                   24%
Trevor Harris, OTT                       48                         11                   23%
Bo Levi Mitchell, CGY                   56                         11                   20%
Jonathon Jennings, B.C.               53                           9                   17%
Jeremiah Masoli, HAM                 70                         10                   14%
Ricky Ray, TOR                              56                           8                   14%
Darian Durant, SSK                      36                           5                   14%
Drew Willy, WPG                          68                           6                            9%

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 — TORONTO (July 26, 2016) – Jeremiah Masoli, Naaman Roosevelt and Mike Reilly were named the Shaw CFL Top Performers of the Week for Week 5 of the CFL’s 2016 season

Ed Tait reminds us that Matt Nichols' record of 2-5 with the Bombers could be better if our kicker last year had made a few of his kicks...
Blue Bomber Talk
If you take away Maurice Leggett's pick-six, WPG's offence has scored just 14 points on 13 turnovers. That's truly abysmal. #Bombers #CFL

?‍?It's no longer cliche answers when the Bomber players are asked cliched questions, and the players want to say the right things, they are now called cli'shea'd answers.

"One of the most exciting receivers in the CFL is Roughriders’ Naaman Roosevelt, who caught 8 passes for 182 yards and a touchdown last week in Saskatchewan’s first win".- Curtis Rush, the star.com
?‍?By contrast The Bombers use 8 receivers to get 182 yards..

Through four games in 2016, the Lions defence has allowed 18.25 points per game, good for top spot in the CFL. - Matt Baker BC lions.com
That will have to be re-configured after the Calgary game. 44 points!!

CFL News
#CFL personnel people and coaches: lack of Cdn talent across the league playing role in the number of injured QBs - @PentonKirk

As pointed out by herb Zerkowsky. Not all is bad from Montreal's loss to the Argos - they did increase their average point total from 14 to 15!
?‍?Then Saskatchewan came along... 

CFL News reports
RT .@DidierRDS
The three kickers who worked out for the Alouettes were Hugh O'Neill, Brett Lauther and Drew Basil. @CFL #AlsMTL #CFL #LCF
?‍?Montreal's version of "Don't trust anybody with Bede eyes"

Chris O'Leary - the star.com
-Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said Wednesday that the team has had a discussion with the league about the hit in Monday’s game that put Ricky Ray on the sidelines for three to six weeks with a sprained left knee. 
“There was a discussion. I don’t know (if anything will come from it),” Milanovich said. “I’m not going to speculate on it. It’s in the league’s hands.”
?‍?I'd like to know too..

Kirk Penton
Through 20 games, CFL kickers have made a measly 74.4% of their field goal attempts. Last year at this juncture of the season the placekickers were connecting at an 84.2% clip.
At least the kickers are better at converts this year. They're at 88% right now, while last year, at this point they were 80%.
Lions defensive end Alex Bazzie, who was on the outs last season in Vancouver, co-leads the league with four sacks through five weeks. Hamilton's John Chick is the other with four quarterback drops, but he's played one more game 

8 – Sacks allowed by the Stampeders in five games. 7 were from BC..

CFL News
Unreal. Reminiscent of #AlsMTL last year early on.  RT .@TShireGlobal
The #Riders currently have 20 players on the 6-game injured list. #CFL
?‍?(Boy, do I see more roster moves in the future for Sask.)

Derek Taylor - SportsCentre (before the Bomber game)

143 - Passing yards dropped by Eskimos receivers this season. They have a league-high nine drops so far this season.
53 - Passes Drew Willy has thrown at or behind the line of scrimmage - by far the most in the league. Toronto’s Ricky Ray is next on the list with 40.
4 - Missed tackles by Ticats defensive back Travis Lee against the Eskimos. That total was matched by Chip Cox and Billy Parker of the Alouettes in Week 5.
4 - The number of holding calls drawn this season by Argos defensive end Justin Hickman - the most in the league. That includes two in Monday’s win over the Alouettes.

The Argos play 3 of their next 4 games, at home, on the weekend. That should improve attendance. - Anthony Ciardulli - Argo fan site.

?‍?A good story that put things into perspective regarding Adarius Bowman, and the Bombers...
“It was me,” Bowman said Wednesday morning. “I had dug a huge hole for myself. Why? It's hard to even imagine it now, but it was totally me. It wasn't anything that one coach did to me. It was nothing that happened off the field. It was a journey that Adarius had to go through.
http://m.winnipegsun.com/2016/07/27/fresh-starts-theme-of-thursdays-bombers-eskimos-tilt

?‍?The Riders are looking for their first rushing touchdown this season. They are the only CFL team without a rushing TD.

"It’s probably been a year and some months since I’ve played in an actual game,” said Blue Bomber DB Terrence Frederick

?‍?The most impressive stat was the 20 rushing yards the Bombers allowed.

BomberBuzz
Free-agent acquisition Euclid Cummings finally notched his first sack of the season with a beautiful speed rush around the edge on a play that’s designed to simply open-up the B-Gap for the defensive end to twist inside and press. Cummings, who notched 8 sacks in his first full season with the Argonauts last year, is only on pace for 3 sacks, but he’s been anything but a bust this season. The sacks will come from his pass-rushing, 3-technique position, as he graded as the Bombers’ best defensive lineman in three games so far this season.

?‍?From the "look who's under the microscope file"
-Brendon Morgan has taken countless, unnecessary no-yards penalties, missed countless tackles, lost contain too times and has struggled to get off blocks downfield blocks in about one-and-one-third seasons in the CFL.
?‍?From the "something to talk about file" 
-Although he isn’t a pending free agent, if the Bombers’ brass believe he can be a franchise quarterback, they won’t hesitate to organize a deal with Eric Tillman in the off-season. But that only happens if Masoli continues to play at a high level while Zach Collaros is still sidelined

Edmonton Sun - terry.jones@sunmedia.ca
The loss ended a nine-game winning streak against Western Conference opposition for the Eskimos and concluded almost two full seasons without losing back-to-back games.

Darrin Bauming
The Canadian receiver getting close, catching balls and practicing fully after breaking his hand in the preseason. (Addison Richards)

?‍?Bombers. Too many penalties 10- 125 yds

?‍?Names that stood out (never mind the stats)
Bombers - Matt Nichols *** Andrew Harris *** Euclid Cummings *** Terrence Frederick ***Taylor Loffler *** Ian Wild *** Kevin Fogg *** Weston Dressler *** Darvin Adams *** Bruce Johnson *** Richie Hall
Harris - 1st TD as a Bomber (that doesn't seem right)
?‍?Speaking of Adams. He could be out for awhile. His year so far? 38 receptions for 503 yards and three TDs, through 6 games...
Edmonton - Derek Walker 
Chris Rainey BC- 4 punt return TDs in his career.         All against Calgary...
Bassie BC - sacking, I mean Sack King -1 sack in each of the last 5 games.
Saskatchewan - ?
?‍?It's not so much Montreal did well, but rather there was nothing to be reGale'ing about in that Sask performance...at all.
Montreal - self-proclaimed best receiver in the CFL  and *** Kevin Glenn I suppose*** 
BC - J. Jennings (26-41, 374 YDS, 3 TD) (oh yeah, and 2 Ints) *** B. Burnham (9 REC, 139 YDS, 1 TD) *** Arceneaux 6-128 yds
Calgary - B. Mitchell (29-44, 364 YDS, 3 TD) *** Greg Wilson is fast
Toronto - Kenny Shaw *** A. Jefferson 2 ints
?‍?Hajrullahu 5-5,  now making FGs to help win games as opposed to missing FGs to help lose games. (sounds like I'm still bitter)

Ed Tait reports - On Further Review
Consider these first-down numbers from the first half in Edmonton:
Winnipeg ran 23 first-down plays, with Nichols being sacked on two of them. But of note, there were also no penalties on first down.

Nichols was 7-10 for 91 yards on first down plays in the first half, while the club averaged 8.2 yards (10 carries for 82) per rush. Remember, these are numbers piled up all before the intermission.

On Bond:
That’s a lot of weight over there,” said Bryant with a grin. “He helped me out a lot. He did a great job of communicating. We played well together with this being his first career start in the CFL. I’m happy for him. He looked good.

“You know what? That’s a great effort by the O-line. Coach O’Shea has been preaching all week that from the handshake we had to be physical. We did that. I’m just glad we got Andrew the ball and we were able to open some holes for him so he was able to do what he does.”

Added Harris when asked about running behind Bond:

“He’s aggressive, he’s intense and he’s a monster. You combine those three things… the mistakes that someone might make because they’re earlier on in their games or coming into an offence, they don’t highlight as much because he’s so big and he plays so aggressive. As long as those guys are getting up field, it makes my job easier.”

Gary Lawless
will Henoc Muamba's gamble with @dallascowboys #nfl pay off?. set big asking price in #cfl which no one would meet. worth it if he sticks

Darrin Bauming
Clarence Denmark flew to Winnipeg on Friday — says things happened quickly. He followed the #Bombers while a free agent. "They're my team."
-Addison Richards, who broke his hand in preseason, will come off the 6-Game IL this week. He tells me he's beyond motivated in his 2nd year.

?‍?Teams and Injuries and how they compare - with notables...

Calgary - 7 on the one game list - 4 on the six game list - Joe West, Federkeil, Boudreaux
BC - 4 one game 1 on six.      ONE!?!? - Levy Adcock
Edmonton - 1 one game 11 - six game - Coehorn, Sorensen, Groulx
Winnipeg - 0 one game 15 - six game - Randle, Dressler, Adams
Sask - 1 one game 20 - six game - LaBatte, Best, Clarke

Ottawa - 4 one game - 12 six game - Travon Van, Gascon-Nadon, Trevor Harris
Hamilton - 5 one game - 9 six game - Demond Washington, Collaros, Butler
Toronto - 1 one game - 14 six game - Owusu-Ansah, Gurley, RRay
Montreal - 0 one game - 9 six game - SJ Green Kenny Stafford, Brodeur-Jourdain, Luc

?‍?Nobody's asked, but why isn't Ottawa thrashing Toronto?
Booing in Ottawa?
Heads up play by Medeiros, leads to a TD.
Looks like both teams are doing just enough... to stay close.

?‍?Boy, has the waiting for the throw taken on a different meaning this year. Used to be about waiting for the QB to make the throw. Now it's about waiting for the throw..of the challenge flag from the HC.

The MMG: Like it or not, the Riders are right on schedule at 1-4 rodpedersen.com
"The win over Ottawa was just a teaser to keep you interested, and maybe a sign of what's to come when this club gets all the kinks worked out.  But that's not likely to happen consistently until the leaves change colour."

"Until then they are right on pace.  Whether you like it or not." - Rod 'twilight zone' Pedersen..

Week 7 Bye - Toronto

Thanks for the read.  Those numbers for Willy are truly damning and serve as further proof of his poor play this season.  6% of his drives end in TDs by far the lowest in the league and he has thrown the most passes behind the line of scrimmage letting his receivers do all the work.  Let's not forget that Willy has been unable to generate a td drive of 40 yards or longer outside of garbage time all season.

The numbers for Willy do not lie, and simply confirm what most here have been saying for some time. Overall, this forum has fingered many poor players long before they were moved out or replaced, so why has it taken the people who are entrusted  to run the team  so long? If O'Shea has been choosing who plays and who does not, who stays and who goes, most of this has to be at his feet. Walters and his scouting staff are supposed to find good players, so they are not blameless, either.