Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goalie

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Goalie

  1. Hamilton is cooked without BLM. The reality is their 1st rd pick would have to be involved in a hypothetical Zach trade, it would be prob 1st plus roster player. Debate who that roster player would be but if in some glitch world where we traded Zach, after trading our own 1st for a QB, we definitely getting a 1st back.
  2. Winnipegs only special weed is shatter or kief infused. ;)
  3. I honestly think bombers might have got tired of Lawlers **** or baggage. Especially after his DUI incident. I mean, at some point you just gotta prob let a guy go. for his sake even. Now he’s getting paid to catch balls from dole and ford. That’s prob ok with Kenny cuz $$$ is what drives him. It’s all good. No hard feelings there. Careers are short. I get it.
  4. Like I said. Maybe Dru and TP cuz yeah, not much playing time for Powell Dru just got more. Zach would get that also easily because coaches love veteran QBs. All of us here can say Zach is washed but washed Zach is better than what Hamilton currently has. I don’t think they would trade Zach, bombers wouldn’t do him dirty in his likely final season. But Elgersma would be an interesting conversation.
  5. Helle isn’t about not wanting to play in Winnipeg. Dude loves it here. Has completely and totally embraced the fishing and hunting lifestyle. He just wants to win. If he thinks the jets can he will stay, but jets might think if we can get a haul, maybe we become better team overall and save some money on the tending. Cuz right now 12 for both Helle and stu seems excessive. The guy could have rubbed his mates the wrong way cuz a big reason why we sucked last year, Helle sucked.
  6. They been spraying pretty consistently. How do I know? I’m coming home when they are doing it or outside having a smoke. I go inside. But honestly can’t smell the spray. A few years ago I could but either Covid took my smell (it didn’t) or this stuff don’t smell.
  7. But the flip side here is there a lots of players who really love playing in Winnipeg for example and even some Americans cuz of the outdoors hunting and fishing stuff, actually most the American guys have homes here, buff, wheeler, pionk is a year round guy now really, Helle spends most his time here. My daughter and Wheelers was in the same dance class for 3 years. His wife is so very nice. So it’s not all. Montreal is filled with American players also who love it there so maybe not everyone is in the same boat. Some guys like me, maybe like most of us just loved and love playing hockey and if we got paid to do it in Russia or Siberia, we would do it. Some are entitled whining rich nepo babies really like the tkachuks for example. They grew up rich. Beyond rich. Not lots of ppl grew up like that. You can tell who did here tho.
  8. You can watch but of ppl stop going then teams don’t make money. Only teams really making money are Canadian ones and we are on all the no move and trade lists. Rogers just paid like 7 billion for TV. For players to refuse to play in Canada. You can watch. Can your grandkids play tho? Is my kid playing? Are my nephews? Are most my daughters boy friends playing hockey like me and all my friends did? Nope. Only a couple are. We all did. I wasn’t poor, we lived by the river, have a vacation cabin but equipment for me these days means I likely wouldn’t be playing not because can’t afford it but cuz 5000 plus a year on tender equipment wouldn’t happen. I loved hockey. I was told I could prob play if I tried hard enough, I got a bad concussion and things changed but, there’s no way mom or dad sending me yo all the camps and paying. 10000 a year for me to play cuz honestly they never played. My mom can skate. Dad can not. I played AA marauders. AAA sharks. I even played for the st boniface saints and got into a local all star game where WHL scouts spoke to me afterwards. Concussion in summer really did change things but yeah, it’s just , I don’t see the avg kid playing anymore. Street hockey isn’t even a thing. Hockey is becoming a sport for the ultra rich. Cuz I know ppl who did make the nhl, JT is closer to my age than people realize, a few others also. I know of these guys, we didn’t play together but we played each other at times. I know ppl whose parents were so convinced their kid was gonna be like a JT that they went broke and he never made it. It can seriously ruin families now. It’s crazy. That was obviously a case of dad living through son but literally went broke and dude sucked. It’s the guy who shouldn’t hand been on the team but hey dad had $$$ to spend and happy he did cuz got some fun pretty much free American tournament experience. War road Minnesota ( phone don’t like that city name). Fun times. With dudes who made the NHL. I remember this guy there, I was later told it was TJ Oshie but I’m not completely convinced he was but just a stud. Best player I ever played against. If it was Oshie, I could see why he made it. Just dominating.
  9. Lawler is a good team mate when things are going well for Kenny lawler. When it’s not, I’m not sure he is.
  10. A week or so after I was born, portage had its hottest day on record. I was a week old and in the water at the lake. I think that day was mid 40s humidex. Sunday was so bad here, I got home, got off the plane and holy moly, the wall of heat was insane.
  11. But he died and it’s huge news. We just pretending everything is normal I guess. Not be able to discuss things that effect all of us every day is pretty weak.
  12. Well once you demand to be moved, then your no move should become void. Really that simple. Not every damn player with skates deserves one. I get like the superstars but 2nd tier guys or guys like a Rutger McGroarty who never played a game but demanded out, that’s assinine and entitlement. Larkin with a 4 team list for Detroit ( it’s not just a Winnipeg thing here ) Reality. These guys are gonna piss off the non elite non rich working person soon enough. Hockey is becoming Just for the rich anyways. I mean guys making more money than every normal person will ever see and then demanding where they play a sport for 6 months. It’s entitlement and killing sports.
  13. It should prob be as simple as you can have your no move clause lets say, but if you ask to be traded, your no move clause then becomes void and you can be traded to the team who actually makes the best offer. That simple. As for no trade clauses, that’s on gms for giving dudes who Aren’t worth it no trade clauses. Like dudes demanding to go to 4 places, yeah , no.
  14. And reality is there what 9 teams. There’s 8 capable starters including BLM. Maier isn’t one. There’s 2 capable somewhat kinda proven backups in Dru and TP in Edmonton. The rest are just the great unknown really. You could argue Arbuckle is a capable QB also. Maybe MBT but I don’t think so there. You could say 9 teams 9 capable somewhat proven starters but we have 2 of those 9.
  15. You know what MIKE might be the piece of crap but dudes a girl dad and he knows. He knows. You gotta chill broski. You really do. It’s the internet. It’s not meant to be like prick like all the time over such nonsense. I recommend Costa Rica and central and South American women for you. Go man. Go. Release the stress.
  16. We did the same then traded for Dru before anyone else could cuz TE and BP got less experience than JD and TF but WTF, TE looked better than both.
  17. Viggo is our 2C to start the year. Easily. He will get his run and prob force them to keep him up. This kid is Bédard like but responsible defensively. Line driver. And center. Exactly what we need. Helle to Buffalo huh? I dunno. Hopefully NJ emerges as I like the idea of Helle to NJ for Dawson Mercer. Currently kinda 3C 3RW but kinda Vilardi like. Perfetti Viggo Mercer would be a legit line 2 . Maybe NJ adds prospect RHD Seamus Casey and we throw in lambert (asked for trade last year) or even a names or Nino
  18. Man I saw those edits and was like hmm mods be sleeping today. Hard to blame coaches and gms for not having a capable backup when only really we have one.and he just got here cuz im not talking Taylor or Perkins. I’d see what Hamilton would offer for Taylor tho. Dru is young enough to be our starter for a few years for sure. Taylor for lawler (100k retained )plus a few picks. Taylor for Smith. I dunno. Hard to say no maybe. Bridges and Dobson? I mean I dunno. I think Dru is the heir apparent to Zach.
  19. Hmm not mentioned. Lindsey Graham, Trump butt kisser flip flopped from South Carolina. Heart attack. Turns out he went to go have a conversation with Mitch from Kentucky. Thoughts and Prayers.
  20. Jets got rid of their Pilon known as Logan Stanley. Big Stan. Time for bombers to follow suit. And get rid of Stanley Bryant Only acceptable Stanley should be Lord Stanley hopefully one day never I’m sure. But no more Stanley’s. I’d be ok with Mr Roper tho. Ohhhh Stanley.
  21. Wow it’s hotter here than Central America. Good god. Saw the highlights. Dru looked great. Honestly, I think he’s better than Zach. I don’t remember seeing a qb hitting receivers in stride so much , TD to TimmEH was a great example. Maybe I was 2 hard on the D, seem to be coming around. Vaval on the monster missed FG return was gone at our 12 13 yard line. Seriously. Dude just got shot out of a cannon there. Wow. Can’t you get that involved offensively somehow? Cuz dudes got some friggin wheels. Dude running sweeps would be pretty deadly I think. O looked good. Dru consistently moved the ball through the air. Wouldn’t hate the O to maybe be a bit more aggressive and go for it on 3rd down instead of 64 yard fgs every other time but alright. Bryant is finished. Like he needs to be told he’s done. Eli obviously after 7 years ain’t it either. Oline could use some help but not gonna get it unless someone gets hurt. Stan should be replaced, he won’t be tho. Unless he gets hurt. The rest seem sufficient to me. Stanley is a liability now.
  22. Osh likely doesn’t know you exist guy. You repeat yourself daily. Who is the real fool? Dudes living your dream isn’t he??
  23. I played soccer. Was good. Played for the local really better than my friends community clubs team , was fun. But agreed about the fake diving and injuries and general boredom from most teams. France is somewhat exciting tho. Scoring 3 plus every game. But like our games were like 6 7 9. Hell we beat a team 13 0 one game and like all of us had a goal. Pro soccer much more defensive. Scored like 6 goals in 1 game myself. That’s like the entire WC for some teams. Like we took turns scoring 4 plus goals a game each. Like yeah. Definitely not the same.
  24. 8.5 plus 3.5 = Helle being traded soon tho.
  25. Yup. So he did. I just actually watched. This is correct. Osh a bit more open this year with the media, think he’s being more genuine and stuff but our media asks the least interesting questions. I actually think Osh would prob be able to have solid conversations with a dude like Booch if Booch could maybe take it like he likes to give it. Osh enjoys good football questions. Problem is nobody asks him any other than DT. A few guys on here would be more interesting and might even get some genuine responses from Osh. rebus jbr Mike Booch. These are the types Osh would prob enjoy having the convos with.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.