Everything posted by bearpants
-
Free Agency Frenzy
The more I think about it... I would really like if we signed Matt Black... he'd be a reliable, veteran back up to Loffler and a quality special teamer... he's got a few miles on him at 31 years old, but he should still have another year or two...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
I think what you're saying is this would be an very hurtful day to break up with a coach...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
They solved all their issues when they hired "The Plan".... boom! problem solved!!
-
Free Agency Frenzy
That's a huge factor... if you thrown him into today's free agent signings... I believe we immediately become on of the FA winners again...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
yeah you're probably right... his pay will likely match his role now...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
Well... Walters did say he wanted to shore up the Canadian depth...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
Yeah I thought about that after... LT might be the 2nd most important position after QB... Bryant is probably the highest paid O-lineman on our team...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
I assume that means highest paid international O-lineman??
-
Free Agency Frenzy
a friend is telling me Tony Burnett is signing in BC... anyone else hear that?
-
Free Agency Frenzy
Another thing to keep in mind is we've already made potentially one of the biggest splashes in free agency by signing Okpalaungo...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
someone needs to explain to him talking to your brother isn't tampering.... in fact, I would call it a sneaky recruitment tool to get around tampering rules (not that they apparently matter much in the CFL anyways)...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
it pains me but I agree completely... the league does not notice when Winnipeg, Sask and Edm struggle b/c they generally keep it together even with shitty teams... When BC, Mtl and Tor sturggle, it's a problem...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dennis in Sask.... they should have the cap space to offer big money and desperately need help on the O-line... I'd be curious to know what the sales pitch is in Toronto right now... how do you sign free agents without a GM or HC... there's no direction and player have no idea what kind of system they will play in...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Hard to know that information without having talked to some agents... I believe Walters is looking at bringing in a QB with some CFL experience... but if guys like Lefavour, Gale, etc are looking at starter money ($250-300k??)... they'll be waiting for a while...
-
Free Agency Frenzy
technically that's a guess, not an opinion .... but yes, I agree, it appears we have less room to spend this year... which is a good thing b/c that means we have less holes and problems to fill... I still hope to see a couple additions at LB and/or DT... I'm not sure any of these guys are tackles... I think McMillan has played exclusively at guard for Ott (unless they project him to play tackle) and rumour has it Federkeil and Perrett may be past their "best before" dates as tackles...
-
Super Bowl
this picture doesn't work on my computer or my phone...
-
US Politics
that didn't take long!
-
US Politics
It's negative... therefore it's fake news... should be easy enough to spin...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Are Hurl and Neufeld under contract?
-
Super Bowl
That one doesn't surprise me... Bennett is an intelligent, out-spoken guy (along with his brother, Seattle D-lineman Michael) and I can see why he would oppose the current regime... McCourty already went in 2015 so he probably doesn't care too much and can use this to make a political statement... And if there's enough traction to it... the simple fix to the OT rules would be give both teams a shot... Atlanta would have to score a TD to keep the game going... then sudden death after that... again, that's if there's enough traction... I don't believe the owners (other than Arthur Blank ) are in a rush to make that change right now...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
How many times have we had this discussion about guys being "too small" to play MLB... I'm pretty sure it's been established on multiple occasions, being positionally sound and a quality tackler are far more important attributes than size... of course that's assuming the guy isn't 5'9 and 190 lbs... anyone who's 6ish feet and 220ish lbs has perfectly adequate size to play MLB in the CFL... again, the best example is 5'9, 215 lb JC Sherrit... On Waggoner... I actually always hoped the team would look at him at safety... that idea is moot now b/c of the emergence of Loffler... but I still feel like that would be a great position for him... he has the speed to cover and the experience playing that position in college... we still need a reliable back-up to Loffler...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Very true.. only recently were guys like Lawless and Dunk getting contract/salary details... 5 years ago you be lucky to find out the term of a new contract...
-
It's 2017 and the Riders just put _________ on their neg list ...
Joel Gasson from 3DN weights in... http://3downnation.com/2017/02/02/vince-young-move-odd-one-riders/ I like the Rider writers on 3DN... they are generally rational and unbias... I particularly enjoyed this nugget from the article... "Chris Jones has shown he’s willing to leave no stone unturned in order to find talent. This time, he could have left the stone exactly where it was. "
-
It's 2017 and the Riders just put _________ on their neg list ...
Start planning the parade route in Regina...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I would say the most intriguing name on that list is Chris Rosetti... but his age and relative lack of experience is certainly a red flag...