Everything posted by bearpants
-
2018 Pyeongchang - Winter Olympics
I think most people are aware of the NHL's position... and understand why they would make that choice... but I think it comes across like the NHL put no effort into working out a deal with IOC...
-
2018 Pyeongchang - Winter Olympics
Congrats Ovi... you'll finally get a championship.... against inferior opponents...
-
CFL Draft
reading his description of Nate Behar leads me to believe he's a guy that is high on the Bombers radar... "...was sure to impress in interviews with his IQ and conversationalist nature. The guy just loves football. Dave Dickenson surrounds his room with men who are passionate about the cause." sounds like a Mike O'Shea guy to me... Also, if a guy like Junior Luke is still potentially available at 15, going WR at 6 makes a lot of sense...
-
New CFL Team ? Saskatoon Stallions
I would like this 1000 times if that was an option... seriously though, I've always thought Saskatoon would be a great market for another CFL team... problem is they're all Rider fans already...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
maybe he figured if he avoid them long enough he could get the bonus... Greaves lined up at TE in some formations in Edmonton... but if memory serves me correctly, he was strictly a guard in Winnipeg...
-
Bomber Running Backs Coach Quits
What's that saying about how all stats are 100% accurate and tell the complete story?...
-
CFL Draft
Bomber buzz is not John Hodge... his name is Eric Matthews... for those of us that grew up in the 90s, it's not this guy:
-
Ryan Smith to retire
How do you know this job offer didn't just come in this week??
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
have to agree with most here that the least you can do is call the guy... even if it's the AGM, doesn't have to be Popp or Trestman...
-
Ryan Smith to retire
The only thing that would've made this move perfect is if he had asked for a release, signed with the Riders, received a lofty signing bonus... then retired...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
he tweeted something last night about having plenty left in the tank... I don't follow him but I think it was a re-tweet... It seemed to suggest this move was done...
-
Ryan Smith to retire
Certainly unfortunate... but as @Jpan85 pointed out, we still have Denny and Stafford to go along with Dressler and Adams... I wish Mr Smith all the best
-
CFL Combine
I'm starting to think that way too... luckily by time the draft rolls around, we'll have a pretty good idea of Gray's status... if he's a late round draft pick and gets a signing bonus, he won't be in the CFL for at least 3 years...
-
200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?
Or some people just have their financial priorities straight...
-
CFL Combine
As an expect in these things... I can state, unequivocally that he is definitely more Canadian than Nik Lewis...
-
Chris Jones Signs Vince Young: Brilliant or Desperate?
Kind of a cool website.... but just to twist this a little more, how do we know this site has their facts straight??
-
CFL Combine
I would say very... he has prototypical tight end size and pass-catching ability... however, how is his blocking? That, I don't know about...
-
CFL Combine
Right now, we have #1, #6 and #15... that's a legitimate shot at 3 high end players... I would rather have that then stockpile a bunch of 3rd and 4th round picks...
-
Game 77 : 6 Games Left @ Devils
I see... I think Alzner would be a great signing... but I don't think it's realistic...
-
Game 77 : 6 Games Left @ Devils
I don't get it... is it because there's no chance he'd sign in Winnipeg??...
-
CFL Combine
punctuation would help... I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here... Bombers will be bringing in Ekakitie for a private work out if they have interest?? OR he is not coming to Winnipeg for a private work out which suggests the Bombers are not interested at #1??
-
Around The NHL 2016/2017
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the questionable Sidney Crosby slashes in consecutive games... here's my unsolicited thoughts on it... I thought the one against O'Reilly was pretty dirty and unnecessary... probably deserved a fine.... I was ok with the one against Methot.... It was a typical little hack that you see dozens of times a game... unfortunately the result was much worse though.... but really, I'd attribute it more to unlucky contact than anything dirty or malicious...
-
Game 74 : 9 Games Left @ Kings
You're kind of in the same boat as my brother in law... he is not really a sports guy but has started watching and cheering for the jets since they came back... and I would be willing to bet he would not have known that rule either... that's kind of what I was thinking with my initial post...
-
200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?
If you think most of the Winnipeg crowd has a hot clue what's going on... you haven't been to Bomber game in a while...
-
200 Level: Is the Music Too Loud?
I think they do... maybe not all of them, but I know I've watched in the concourse before... the funny thing though, it's about 2 seconds delayed... so you'll hear the fans start cheering then I look up and see a big play... so kinda takes some of the intrigue away...