Everything posted by bearpants
- CALGARY @ TORONTO
-
CFL Week 8 Power Rankings
He's "advertising" a CFL blog... and when you click on the link, you get a CFL blog... not sure why you have such a problem with that... If you don't want to read another CFL fan's thoughts on the league... don't read it... Personally, I think we should be encouraging independent CFL bloggers....
-
Addison Richards Retires
It almost seems like this is a bit of a relief for both sides... Addison can now move on to some sort of real career... and the Bombers move on from a bad pick, erase his salary from the books and start focusing on guys like Coates and Wolitarsky... Good for him... hopefully he finds a nice career post football...
- CALGARY @ TORONTO
-
Bombers @ Redblacks
I'm pretty Bey, pronounced "bee" is the Beyonce thing... and BAE is what we all dream of waking up to in the morning... Bacon And Eggs... but what do I know... cell phones weren't even a thing when I was in high school... and I'm one of the younger ones on this board!
-
Winnipeg @ Ottawa GDT
I completely agree... but one problem... when is the last time this squad has played a complete 60 min game? I used to joke that the terrible seasons were so much less stressful... 2013 for example... I went to every game expecting to get blown out... if the game was moderately close it made it that much more fun!
-
The Simpson's "Classic Moments"
Just came a across this YouTube channel... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzzanTaBBNwZqPdLmxFr5w I would definitely consider this one a must watch:
-
The Simpson's "Classic Moments"
Imagine a world where a 2nd grade F is the most dirt the press could dig up on a president elect...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Now I understand all of his Rider predictions and conspiracy theories... http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatchewan/rod-pedersen-opens-up-about-addiction-1.3768641 All joking aside... good for him, it's always nice to hear a positive recovery story... and then see him go on to help others... I have gained a new level of respect for Rod Pederson (the man, not the football analyst )...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
For those who were adamant there was nothing wrong with the Ackie hit (analysts and such)... I wonder if any will recant....
-
Sick Bay
I've been dreaming about the day we get Flanders and Harris involved in the offense at the same time... now let's do something with it!
-
CALGARY @ TORONTO
Wouldn't be surprised if they do everything to hold on to him... b/c of Ray's age, they let Collaros and Harris walk... don't see the same thing happening with Fajardo... In his defense... it's not like he knew the camera would pick up his voice there... I understand that he is a "hate-able" guy... but the fact that he gets under the skin of Rider fans sooooo much... makes me like him, just a bit... know you, your enemy's enemy is your friend... or something like that...
-
Sick Bay
makes sense... if there's a set back and Dressler actually ends up being out for 6 games... then we save the cap money... if he's ready to go after 2 or 3 games off, then he comes off the 6-game, his salary counts and it's all the same as multiple 1-games...
-
Bombers @ Redblacks
I'm admittedly a little surprised EVERYONE took Ottawa... but possibly more surprised that one guy actually took Hamilton
-
I Hate Prevent Defenses
Did he actually say that... or are you just assuming that how he feels?
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Ultimately, this is actually really disappointing... he was a 1st (2nd??) overall pick that never materialized b/c of injuries, not poor play... Speaking of first round D-linemen... what ever happened to Bison Alum Evan Gill?? He's listed on Hammy's 6-game and according to their website, he played in 4 games last year... has he really just been injured for the past 3.5 years?
-
Lock of the Week 7
Manny Arceneaux
- BC @ EDMONTON
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Duron Carter is so right... all the rules changes in the CFL are completely catered to defense... they are making every attempt to favour the defense b/c they know the fans love a 7-3 (that's 3 FGs and a rouge, BTW) game... when will someone make a rule that favours offense!!... **sarcasm font required**
-
Commissioner gets it right
This would have been a much better step to solving the problem... I feel like the change they made might help... but it really doesn't solve the overall problem problem...
-
Winnipeg @ Ottawa: Are they due?
I would argue that game might be in 2 weeks against Edmonton... if we go into that game at 4-3 or (hopefully) 5-2 against an Edmonton team that should be 6-1 or 7-0... how we fair against Edm will better determine our "status" in the league...
-
Favourite pizza place
Santa Anna's on the corner of St Mary's and Vista is my favourite... a hidden gem I love, if you happen to be in Altona there's a little joint called Pizza Haven, it's quite good... Probably not the best in the city but I really love going to ZA Pizza Bistro...if you haven't been there, it's basically a "subway-style" pizza where you pay $12ish and you pick the crust/sauce/toppings... and everything is unlimited... the only drawback is is the wait time... if there's a line up, expect to be waiting at least 30 mins from the time you walk in to the time you leave with your pizza...
-
Sick Bay
might be 3 of 7 soon if Jeffcoat keeps up his play...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I apologize if this was mentioned somewhere else... but I didn't see it... http://3downnation.com/2017/07/31/andy-mulumba-bombers-property-signed-la-rams/ Andy Mulumba signs with the Rams
- Your CFL Haiku of the Game