Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bigblue204

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bigblue204

  1. Right, just like that time Bighill signed here after an NFL break....all the other GMs just sat on their hands it was only 1 GM that reached out to try and sign him. Thank god he did! Strev too. He didn't get any other offers. Actually, when it comes to any FA that the Bombers have signed, mid season or not. It was simply because no other GM made any other offers. I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that a guy who left a championship team would maybe want to go back to that team after seeing that the grass isn't always greener (no pun intended) in other locker rooms. Even if all things are equal, or unequal and the bombers offered more money...we've heard of players taking less to stay in B&G. There is exactly zero evidence to suggest Walters did or didn't make an offer to him. To speak so confidently that he didn't is bizarre.
  2. Does it matter right now? This league was given an opportunity to inject a good amount of cash right now.... The world is going to be so different in 5 years it will be hard to predict what anything looks like.
  3. That's what he told you?
  4. This is where I think the average age of this site comes in to play a bit. Young people aren't paying for cable, they aren't paying for every single subscription etc. I know that it sucks that the CFL is going on multiple services....but quite literally every single major pro league is. NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc etc. That's the reality of todays sports world. But back to my original point. Young people are using every thing they can to not pay for services, or to pay as little as possible. Keeping the CFL on ONLY cable TV was a death sentence. Young fans (20-25yr olds) don't have cable. If getting DAZN is a major problem for people, I get it. But there are ways around it. I cut cable earlier this summer and switched my internet to Rogers. I'm paying $55 a month for internet and I got an IPTV service that is $12 a month. though it's paid in full. So my monthly bill has been cut in half from when I had cable. Then take into account that I no longer need a Netflix subscription/apple/disney/crave etc etc etc....and the savings are real. And I haven't missed a single CFL game, and this past weekend had access to far more NFL games than when I just had bell or shaw. Young people (younger than me) know even more ways to get around the price gouging. The idea that DAZN is going to push away the younger market is detached from reality. Cable pushes them away.
  5. I already mentioned this. But why would Baldonado want to come here compared to going to his former team?
  6. I think you may be over valuing that OT play calling. In my opinion it was more of a busted Defensive play call, than a masterful Offense. Ottawa I believe dropped into a zone defense, which is just crazy for that field position.
  7. I know what you mean. BUUUT why would he want to come here, compared to going back to his previous team that won a championship and looks poised to challenge for one again? This idea that Walters does nothing, is bonkers. No one here knows who he has tried to get in Blue and Gold since the season started. The fact of the matter is, as of today the Blue Bombers organization isn't exactly THE landing spot in the CFL for players looking to play come November.
  8. I'm guessing you missed the - "not with how the players make/don't make plays" part of my rant? Regardless, I do not put the lack of success of this team on only the players or only the coaching or only the management. Its a combination of all three, one may play a bigger role than the other depending on the time of year, though.
  9. What have they done this year to make you believe they aren't high?
  10. This team isn't going to accomplish anything. There is no deep playoff run for them coming. Not with how the coaches build this roster and not with how this coaching staff calls plays and not with how the players make/don't make plays. The sooner people come to this realization the more enjoyable the season becomes. My expectations are for some entertaining games. But I'm fully expecting them to either cross over or miss the playoffs altogether.
  11. As much as I hate to see a player get hurt. Woodbey going down will help this defense.
  12. When I see Condell call that in the 2nd half, I get worried....cause it usually hasnt worked out
  13. Its also horribly obvious.
  14. Ya, I think the pressure made him adjust a bit.
  15. He was running a corner route...Collaros threw it over the wrong shoulder. He was under pressure, and perhaps White could have made a better play on the ball....but either way, those are the plays that have to be made in the LDC.
  16. No. They had to draw the bombers offside to get that
  17. To be fair, hes seeing the field a lot lately. I believe he actually takes more snaps than Cobb. He still made the tackle.
  18. Smith can do everything Jones does and hes way better in pass coverage.
  19. Woodbey hurt....
  20. Hes 100% our beat linebacker. Future star. Need to lock him up before the end of the year
  21. Its frustrating knowing that woodbey gets paid money to attempt tackles
  22. At least we arent the only ones dropping passes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.