Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bigg jay

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by bigg jay

  1. https://3downnation.com/2026/07/31/edmonton-elks-open-upper-bowl-for-first-time-since-2023-over-30k-fans-expected-against-riders Good for the L's. Who would have thought a winning product attracts fans...
  2. I may have booed if I was still there but like 95% of the crowd, I had enough and left. Not sure I'll go to the next game either - if I have to choose between going to the lake or being absolutely disgusted, I'm going to the lake. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks to see what adjustments are being made.
  3. Assuming WestJet isn't on strike... https://ywgdeals.com/s/winnipeg-to-rome-italy-648-roundtrip
  4. Not sure if it's been tweaked since coming into effect but when they introduced the cap this is how it worked: For the first $100,000 over the cap, the fine is the equivalent of the amount by which the limit has been exceeded. For any amount over $100,000, penalties range from a minimum of a $25,000 fine and the loss of one second-round draft pick to a maximum of a $250,000 fine and the loss of three draft picks. CFL.caCFL introduces non-player football operations cap - CFL.caA new cap on non-player football operations costs is being introduced for 2019 as a new measure to deliver fiscal discipline, a level playing field and greater fairness.Given that MOS & Walters are on new deals, I'd have to assume we'd be on the high end of the penalties to can someone now. The club can afford the fines but the draft picks would sting.
  5. And based on how they handled Hogan's removal as OC, that's exactly how I would expect them to do it with Younger (assuming he accepts the demotion).
  6. They could drop Younger and put Ritchie back in charge.
  7. We had more rest than BC did so that bullshit excuse does not fly.
  8. Princess Auto giveaway of the game is going to be paper bags soon. This is embarrassing.
  9. It's ironic they honored Cal at halftime - can't help but think of how many people he would have cut during the break.
  10. Boy do I feel dumb. I thought I was paying to watch professional football. Not sure this team can beat the Rifles.
  11. Yep - doesn't sound like they are close though. B.C. Lions: Rookie QB Kaidon Salter has connection to Casey Printers | The Province
  12. I'll take the blame for Bryant. Without fail, anytime my wife buys a new jersey, that player is either traded, has a career ending injury or retires. She wanted to get a Bryant jersey 2 years ago and I told her not to because he still had gas in the tank. My bad - should have bought her one for Christmas and this whole mess could have avoided!
  13. Manu is going to be out 12-14 weeks according to Campbell. He had an injury over the summer that he did not disclose to the team. After the first day of camp, the injury was bothering him so they took a look and it wasn't good news.
  14. Manu lands on the non-football injury list after the first day of camp with the Lions. Not great for him as he needs to have a good camp to give them a reason to keep him around.
  15. I'm really hoping that Vanterpool can get the job done and that then Broxton can be moved to LT but I have zero faith that they'd make that move in-season.
  16. This is one of the things that irks me the most about this regime. There seems to be (from the outside looking in) complacency that the players who have been scouted and identified are good enough and there's no need to continue to bring guys in during the season. They seem to treat the neg list as a long term wish list, rather than a tool that could be used to help short term as well as in the long run. Other teams are constantly turning over their neg list players (either signing them or removing them) while we stand pat. We made a total of 3 moves to our neg list in the last month (added 2 players & removed 1) while most other teams made 15 or more moves. Montreal signed 4 players off their neg list where we can barely be bothered to update ours it so it's not much of surprise that our cupboard is bare.
  17. Then why are those guys here? Send them packing and bring in some fresh blood or even a re-tread. Other teams do this all the time where we stand pat for the most part.
  18. TBF, Brady got into the endzone thanks to Wilson on that play. If you watch Brady celebrating, he points at Pokey, acknowledging him for the block. It's wasn't a physical block though, he just kind of got in the way and the defender had to go around him to try to get to Brady. Brady had also racked up huge yards by that point too so the block just allowed him to finish off the run with a TD.
  19. Yeah happened a couple months ago. Was part of a rare (for the Bombers) flurry of neg list activity so it kinda got buried.
  20. I might give Jauch & Deslauriers a pass (for now) - this is only their 2nd year with the club and our scouting issues pre-date them. We also lost Sunderland to Hamilton, after his one and only season with us. I don't think anybody replaced him so that isn't helping matters. McManus & Gulakow have each been here for 12 seasons now so I'd be looking at them first. That can be said for MOS when it comes to letting the OC/DC choose their lineups. If they keep trotting out the same guys, then as HC, he needs to step in and say nope that's not working.
  21. I don't think anyone is excusing the players at all. This mess belongs to everyone - the players, coaches, scouts and Walters are all playing a part in where we are at.
  22. The coaches are allowing this kind of play like this with zero repercussions. All we hear is we'll look at the film and correct things, yet it's the same thing happening over and over. If I kept underperforming this badly at my job, I'd be looking for a new line of work. Maybe some people in the locker room need to have that fear instilled in them.
  23. Because the penalty would not just be money. The coaches cap works the same as the players cap - a dollar for dollar fine until a certain point and then you start losing draft picks. That being said, it's not like we're knocking them out of the park with our drafting so maybe it might be worth it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.