Everything posted by GCJenks
-
Around The NHL 2022-23
Let's be honest, with what the players make they would be doing bake sales to cover their rent.
-
The Winnipeg Thread
I can admit that I voted to keep it closed, I was wrong and would like the chance to change my vote. Everyone but the physically challenged. Crossing has to be at grade to truly be what it needs to be. Open it up as a scramble intersection and move everyone at the same time and then move traffic and not pedestrians move at that time.
-
The Winnipeg Thread
Fixed it for you.
-
Upcoming Movies
Make sure you pre-buy your tickets, showing on multiple screens but still limited options on the morning of yesterday.
-
Upcoming Movies
We saw it yesterday too, 10 year old loved it. I thought it was a great escape for 90 minutes and Cineplex Junxion seats are incredibly comfortable. I am tempted to spec $15 just to go for a nap... The 10 Year old already has the lyrics memorized and was singing along at the movie. Of course he also threw his arms in the air and celebrated when Aha "Take on Me" was played too.
-
The Winnipeg Thread
This training wasn't about dealing with the public. It is geared towards making us all better humans and helping us to treat each other better everyday. I would feel honoured if my private sector employer would offer this training to all of us. Reconciliation is the responsibility of every person that breathes the great clean Canadian air.
-
The TV Thread
Finished this last night, still trying to wrap my head around all that I saw. Incredibly well written, directed and acted just having a hard time with the story as a whole. To think of how it started to how it finished is a little mind blowing, absolute kudos for telling this story as a Korean/Asian societal series not many would be brave enough to do that but it works so well. Will likely download it and watch it again the next time I travel, I am sure there are things that I missed that would have made it better. As it is I replayed the last scene of episode 9 several times while my wife and I argued about what we saw.
-
The TV Thread
Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right." Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!" Absolutely fantastic!!!
-
The TV Thread
Huge Lasso fan, can’t wait to get the 10yr old in bed so we can watch it. Taking a cue from your Bomber memorabilia thread, I have one of these on display in my office at work. http://Little People Collector Ted Lasso Special Edition Set In Display Gift Box For Adults & Fans, 6 Figures https://a.co/d/aybanxB
-
Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Venetian Golden Knights
I hope Brossoit gets all the starts, he was pretty cocky when he was here said to he was as good as Helle and should be playing more. I originally took it as being at the bar bravado but he really did think a lot of himself.
-
Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Venetian Golden Knights
👋It's like everyone is talking directly to me today...
-
Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Venetian Golden Knights
Thank you for the warm welcome... 👋
-
The TV Thread
Sure that one, when you don't have wired TV and stream everything all the different apps/ apks get a little confusing as to what you are watching on what.
-
The TV Thread
I noticed that Season 5 (final season) of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel launched on Netflix last night. Seemed that all episodes dropped at once, wish I had time this weekend to binge it.
-
2023 CFL Draft Discussion
I believe that just like in business, family should spend time working for someone else before coming back to the family business; I also feel that MOS Jr should cut his teeth in the pro game somewhere else before coming home.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I don't follow as closely as others but from the articles I read this morning it seems to be rather profound impact. https://www.cfl.ca/2023/04/04/lions-issue-statement-on-simon-fraser-university-football-program/#:~:text=We at the CFL are,contributions to our great game.
-
2023 CFL Draft Discussion
Heard it in Puk too, floating in the lake, was an experience of a lifetime.
-
2023 CFL Draft Discussion
I need to review and upload the video but just standing on the deck last night was spectacular. I have been told that even those in the city could see them through the light pollution that is city living. I have not seen anything so bright and intense since the summer I spent in Pukatawagon.
-
2023 CFL Draft Discussion
The Aurora Borealis last night was quite spectacular.
-
2023 CFL Draft Discussion
We always seem to intend to as the clips they promote are good but usually miss it doing other things like enjoy a Manitoba summer.
-
Restaurant/food thread
I'm not sure if I mentioned this one before or not but it is nearing the end of curling season and Willy Dogs will be leaving the Deer Lodge Curling Club for the summer carts. They are currently available on Skip and have some incredible home made food. The burgers are incredible and the fries are some of the best I've had even after riding in a Skip car to get here. Last day of the season is April 8th and the menu starts being reduced April 1st as supplies run out and aren't replenished. Their SOKO burger is a charity burger and in March $3 from every burger goes to Special Olympics. (Shown with the Gluten Free Bun)
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I saw this earlier, was glad to see someone already shared it here.
-
The RIP 2023 Thread
Bud Grant’s biography “I did it my way” is an excellent read. One of the best sports biographies I’ve read.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Ed Tait as a Bomber staffer is still less biased than those too.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season