voodoochylde
Moderators
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: GDT - Stamps at Bombers
Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan
We also got the rights to a neg list player as well .. curious to see if anything comes of that ..
-
Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan
Sustainability and cap management.
-
Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan
I see 2, 11, 15, 20, 29, 38, and 46. Traded 35 (which we acquired from Sask in the Neufeld trade) to Hamilton for Brohm. Traded 55 to the Argos for Portis. We just traded 26 and I have no idea where we got it. Thanks. Had a brain fart going into the second round (9 instead of 11), chalk it up to a lack of caffiene. 4 picks in the first three rounds .. that's gold .. especially in this draft.
-
Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan
So right now .. we have picks at 2, 9, 15 .. ? I know we traded conditional picks for Portis and Brohm .. can anyone enlighten me as to the rest of our picks for this year?
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
I read this on twitter this morning too... this one blew my mind.... Getzlaf is good, yes... but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a 3rd rec... Well .. let's be honest here .. cap management has never been Taman's strong point .. can't see how this is going to help that perception .. Insane amount of money for Getzlaf.
-
Bombers trade Cory Watson to Saskatchewan
Loved Cory Watson when he was on the field .. epitomized the way this game should be played .. best of luck to Cory going forward. That said .. I think we made out like bandits in this trade.
-
Bombers release Ian Wild
Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay. Thought Minnesota was giving him a look ..
- NFL semi final
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
We interrupt your childish ongoing pot shots at the Riders for this public service announcement: The Riders at least won the grey cup in 2013 unlike the Cats who have lost 2 in a row. Are you going for a three peat this year? You're aware of which forum you're on, correct? Shots at the Riders are encouraged, expected and welcomed. In fact, that's in the disclaimer when you register for an account here! /innocent look
-
NFL semi final
Three phases to a football game: offense, defense and special teams. If, as a team, you've given up a TD in overtime it means you've ceded the entire length of the field. You want a chance to win? Go play defense and get the ball back. Hell, hold the other team to a field goal and get the ball back. Don't expect a shot if you completely **** the bed at the most inopportune time. The Packers had a chance to get off the field. They had Seattle 3rd and 7 .. a favourable down and distance .. and a situation where GB had been dictating play most of the afternoon. Instead they gave up back to back 35 yard bombs for a score. The rule is fine as it is.
-
Rate our Canadian Talent
TRADE HIM! Seriously if we can get the Evan Gill rights from the Ticats for him. I will do that. Pruneau for Watson? Seriously though .. I'm a huge fan of Cory Watson .. love this play style .. it's just a shame that injuries are starting to become more and more prevelant .. but that's the thing with soft tissue injuries ..
-
One or two unannounced signings (update 1/21)
Some Shamari Benton highlights ..
-
Mo Price to Ottawa for Jasper Simmons
Agree. It's like taking one step backward for every step forward .. the idea is to build on and improve the base that's already there .. I'm not a DeJardins fan by any stretch but for the health of the league I want that Ottawa team to see success and I don't see this as helping the situation any.
-
Mo Price to Ottawa for Jasper Simmons
Nothing says "commitment to winning" like trading away your most impactful player for a receiver who can't stay on the field .. Wonder if they'll extend him for a few more seasons at 200K per .. heh.
-
NFL is boring.
New England was just outside the bottom third in the league when it came to running the ball this season. Team average of 3.9 yards per carry isn't considered a "good run game" in any sense of term .. It is when you have four downs. No .. it really isn't .. 3.9 yards per carry is terrible in any circumstance.
- NFL is boring.
- NFL is boring.
-
Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard
I think the more likely scenario would be 4 NIs on the offensive line with a couple solid guys in reserve ..
-
Penton: Bombers re-sign Washington
It's foolish and insane because he is one of our best DBs. He's better than Leggett, closer to Randle than you seem to think he is. Yeah He's one of the best players on the team. If we didn't have him you'd notice he was missing. Agree to disagree and without the name calling. I'll say this with respect to Washington .. he'd be a "better" player if he didn't take the number of stupid, selfish penalties that he does .. among league leaders in penalties taken and penalty yardage .. also relies on his athleticism a bit ot get him out of issues in coverage .. that said .. can't teach speed and he is playmaker .. but those highs also come with equally low lows .. teams still throw on him .. ball security issues .. penalties .. consistency ..
-
Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard
Curious to know what your thoughts on Greaves are .. when he was drafted, I thought "project" (and to an extent I still do) .. I see a guy with phyiscal tools who is still trying to put things together consistently ..
-
Ian Wild has NFL contract in hand
You shut your ***** mouth. As the #1 shameless Wild fanboi he is not easily replaced. No, Wild is awesome and I want him back somewhere on the field, but....the spot in the middle - I'd really like to see a more prototypical Barrin Simpson-type run stuffer in that spot. I've said it before .. I'll say it again (because I agree with the sentiment) .. I want an absolute thumper in the middle .. a guy with range and a guy who makes you think twice about running routes (or just plain running) inside .. find me an Elimimian .. a Bighill .. someone that has a dominating phyiscal presence.
-
Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard
Former teammates Willy and Picard are now here. The plot does thicken. Anyone know a Winnipeg girl who's willing to flirt with Heenan online for the next 2 months? Anyone willing to pretend to be a Winnipeg girl and is willing to flirt with Heenan online for the next 2 months? I thiink I can convince Logan007 to step up to the plate and take one for the team ..
-
Ian Wild has NFL contract in hand
Impact player for us .. but it's a well deserved opportunity for him .. hopefully he has a great deal of success down south.
-
Penton: Bombers re-sign Washington
Newman went down early .. as did Suber .. But I think the projected secondary was Randle, Washington, Leggett, Suber, Bucknor ...
-
Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard
Morley is soft and part of an offensive line that has been a huge problem the last number of years. The fact he played his best ball at center doesn't mean that he was particularly good .. it's just that that's where we were able to get the most out of him. Picard, even at this stage of his career, is an upgrade. He's physical. Nasty. He can still drive people off the ball. One of our biggest weaknesses last year was consistency in the run game. And a large part of the problem was the soft interior of our line. Is Picard the same guy he was 5 or 6 years ago? No. But, for a lineman, he's still got a few years of highly productive play in him .. he's also nowhere near as bad as many posters are making him out to be. He's an effective short term upgrade .. a bridge player .. that will allow us to overhaul the attitude and makeup of our offensive line.