Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now
Outside of the Chung pick, I'm not too thrilled with the draft results. I would have been happier with one of Waud (at 11) or Durant (character concerns aside at 15). They did address needs with Richards and Morgan .. but they either weren't players they were targeting (in the case of Richards, yes .. I know Marcel is "high" on Richards but Demski is who the team had primary interest in) or had to reach to get a guy that would likely have been available a round later if they had a pick. I'll say it right away, I'm not displeased by Morgan pick, just don't think it's a value pick and with respect to Richards .. my gut says, "Aaron Hargreaves". As for taking a NI RB (not named Varga or SML), why? Special teams or FB type role .. yeah .. I know .. but I *HATE* drafting skill players (RBs) when we've never demonstrated an ability to utilize those players effectively. For all the talent in this draft, our results left me .. unsatisfied.
-
Join Us In Chat Tonight For The Draft
If the Habs manage to force a game 7 .. I'm not sure how lucid I will be either .. At any rate .. hoping to be on tonight to chat draft!
-
TIger cats sign Johnny Sears
Good for Sears and I'm happy to see him getting a shot to make an impact with another club. Best of luck to him.
-
Cory Watson traded again
Fixed it for you. Sustaining a roster has always been his downfall .. it's EASY to build a winner when you have a blank cheque .. it's something entirely different when you have to manage a roster, build depth and sustainability ..
- CFL Draft needs
-
Cory Watson traded again
He also punts / placekicks the ball after snapping it to himself .. it's a sight to behold.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
I'm thinking I like the Edmonton side of this trade a bit more ..
- CFL Draft needs
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
Graig Newman?
-
Sign Willy!
So you're saying that if someone here plays video games (for example), their hand eye coordination or reaction time will never get better the more they play? I better tell my kids to stop learning to do anything new because if it doesn't come naturally then there's no point in doing it cause they'll never get better. Wait wait wait... You procreated? Welp, there goes the neighbourhood. Yes Spuds. I...am your father!
-
Multiple 2015 CFL Combine Participants Failed Drug Tests
The fact that they are testing positive indicates that they can't. That is really unfair and we ought to be able to appeal that through NAFTA. Human Rights Commission. Clearly this is discrimination.
-
Bombers release 2 vets
Greg Peach is vastly under-rated by the majority of posters on this board.
-
Chris Williams signs in Ottawa
It's like night and day compared to their receiving corps from last year. Hank isn't going to have any excuses. Maybe they don't have to worry about the cap long term, if / when they get out from under the contract Hank signed .. it's going to allow them *SOME* flexibility .. that might happen in the near future (year or two).
-
Pav is starting to lose, back to Hutch ...
This team has showed grit, has battled through ups and downs, fought through the injury bug and has really matured. We've gotten good play from both goaltenders when they needed it as a result, we've managed to claw our way into the playoffs. Had we ridden one, or the other, for most of the year .. I'm not sure we'd be here now. Pavelec, for as well as he's playing now, has never demonstrated that he can sustain a high level of play that effort over the long haul .. it's that consistency that's been missing from his game. Hoping he stays hot through the playoffs .. and maybe he's found that confidence and consistency he's been lacking .. either way, this is a huge milestone for this franchise and it's something to be celebrated. Now I'm hoping for a Blues / Winnipeg first round series ..
-
Game 80 : Jets @ Blues
Only way we really control our fate is to continue to rack up wins; the team needs to take care of their business and not leave it in the hands of others.
-
Canada does not want Henry Burris...
Ridiculous and arbitrary application of the rules. Hopefully things work out for Hank.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
He's a WR ...
-
Bombers draft & FA camp prep
May 12th can't come soon enough.
-
Bombers draft & FA camp prep
I also think that there are teams across the league who also lack (or have lacked) talent on the offensive line but have done a better job schematically of masking those problems.
-
Assimilation (We Are Borg?)
You're welcome. ;-)
-
A slagging of rider priders by a Ticat (I think anyway) fan..
Guys .. I hate having to step into a discussion but I believe the original topic and thread has run its course. You are more than welcome to continue this conversation in the General forum
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
@DarrinBauming: Appears the #Bombers have added 6'4" 215lb receiver Derrick Hector (@Heck_Dawg), nephew of former NFL WR Lawyer Tillman. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvs-PxzjHHk http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0FerGuz-0 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAxIfNNMnc
-
Politics (As Usual)
Split this out from the IGF thread in the Blue Bomber forum.
-
More problems at IGF?
Split the discussion on Politics out to a thread in General.
-
Assimilation (We Are Borg?)
I wonder how many folks setting up these churches share the same "to each their own" attitude as you? Call up a cowboy church and ask if they perform gay marriages? I have a pretty good idea what the answer will be... WTF does that have to do with anything? Call up a Chinese restaurant and ask them if they do fondue, if they don't should they be ridiculed on a football forum? Yes. Yes they should. #youdothatfonduethatyoudosowell