Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

M.Silverback

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by M.Silverback

  1. Gotcha. I for one did not question Nichols toughness. He’s had a lot of injuries, and that happens. And surgery to throwing shoulder would worry me as GM. But he’s tough, no question. People should watch some NFL films mic’ed up footage of Matt Stafford or Andrew Luck. Tough position to play, and tough dudes. They get killed out there
  2. I don’t know if “you” is me or the collective. I don’t recall many posters saying to play Streveler because he’s “tougher” than Nichols. People said play him because he’s a much better athlete and can make things happen running. That’s where he’s better than Nichols. Both are tough. QB’s are the toughest players on any football team without question.
  3. I believe you. You were there. But when it happened he basically couldn’t put weight on his leg. That’s not a shake it off thing. It’s not like it was half time in the Grey Cup. There were a few minutes left in a game we were likely losing. Let McGuire finish, tell Streveler thank you, and let’s get you healthy for next week
  4. And “a little nicked up” is really downplaying what everyone watching the game saw. For a guy who’s a player’s coach doesn’t exactly speak volumes that he’s considering their overall health
  5. Interesting. Thanks for the first hand account. Streveler obviously is a great competitor who would keep playing through anything. But a coach has to think of the overall welfare of the team and the player. Streveler could have been hurt further. Plus, is a significantly injured Streveler better than a healthy McGuire?
  6. According to Ted Wyman form the Sun. Most of the beat writers said Streveler was really limping. It’s borderline negligence by O’Shea. Here's #Bombers coach Mike O'Shea on decision to send a clearly banged-up quarterback Chris Streveler back into the game for a couple of offensive series at the end of 37-33 loss to Stampeders on Saturday. #CFL
  7. I have no idea what this means. Enjoy your evening
  8. Ha! Okay. Like it or not football has moved to no headshots. So you’re dumb as a coach to challenge a clear headshot, whatever the intent was
  9. Streveler can barely walk on the sidelines. How do you put him back in as head coach?
  10. Okay. Guess the CFL officials and I can all give a big shake
  11. Streveler?! He’s being held together by tape
  12. Has O’Shea ever won a challenge? Helmet to helmet on a QB? Give your head a shake!
  13. Kind of joking but hoping
  14. You never win those kind of challenges. Waste of a challenge
  15. Zach Collaros come back story starting next week to the Grey Cup? Who’s with me?
  16. BLM is very good. Obvious. We need a new OC but football is much easier with an elite QB. We haven’t had one in forever
  17. On a positive note we’re hanging with the best team in the league
  18. He’s one of the toughest players I’ve ever seen. Such a competitor. Not sure taking that many hits is sustainable though
  19. Good reminders that it is normal for a QB to take some time to develop in pro football. And I am in the camp that I think Steveler could be a good starting CFL QB. That said, if I'm Kyle Walters, I'd still consider multiple options next year at QB. Unless we go a run in the playoffs and win the Grey Cup, there's no way I'd sit back and just say we're going with Nichols or Streveler. Any and all options - Masoli, Evans, unknown QB, Sean (jerry) McGuire ... I'd take the position if we're one and done in the playoffs that the QB job is basically open.
  20. I like Streveler, and think he has a chance to be a good starting CFL QB. He's not there yet, but, he's young and inexperienced. I've heard the intelligent thing too about him. That can mean a few different things for a QB. In part, it's how well you understand offenses and defenses in the QB and film room. But there's also the on field intelligence - how well do you take that knowledge and apply it on the field when things go to crap. Do you have pocket presence, vision, ability to make quick decisions. That's the key. If you're great in the film room but can't execute on field, you become a valuable back up QB. All that to say, I hope Streveler develops that type of on field intelligence. Right now, he's struggling with that, which is one reason why he's throwing untimely interceptions, and missing wide open receivers.
  21. Finally, Lapo and O'Shea are making coaching decisions based on reading MBB.
  22. But Lapo has done studies and 60% of the time that play works every time.
  23. I hear ya. And I agree with much of what you're saying. But, I think in today's world of pro sports, with fans having so much access to information, and so many chances to engage with the team, you're missing an opportunity as an organization if you don't try at least to give the fans a little more. Whether it's through your team website (which the Bombers do pretty well), social media, or pressers. I think O'Shea is pretty good and similar to other coaches. I just think there's a missed opportunity when everyone and their dog knows on social media that the Bombers were inquiring about QB's, and you flat out deny it. This isn't 1980 where we had to wait three days after the fact for any information to come out about anything around a team. Play ball. Get with the times. They all knew Justin Dunk and others had inside information. Go with it a bit with a "we're always trying to find players to help our team" comment. Gets the fans speculating, excited, engaged, maybe thinking about buying some tickets. Even Paul Maurice will once in a while reference some article or analytics discussion that has been posted somewhere. I enjoy that as a fan.
  24. Yup. I totally agree with Petermann over Demski. Any opportunity the guy gets he produces. Not to side track this discussion into an O'Shea chat, but, that to me is my biggest frustration with him - loyalty to players/coaches when better options exist. Not sure what goes on in the dressing room, but, the ones I've been in coaching youth ball, every player knows when a back up should be playing over a starter. And that's disruptive.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.