Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

M.Silverback

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by M.Silverback

  1. Said he was “one of”. Lawrence is number 1. But watch Muamba. Ankle twisting; late hits. POS.
  2. Muamba is one of the dirtiest players in the league. No longer has NFL level talent so he compensates by being a pos
  3. OMG!!! The Als defensive coordinator has to be losing his mind. They’re like a high school team
  4. So the Als defense trash talk seems to be working out well so far
  5. I agree. It's not just existential, it's financial. It's business. And I'm thrilled that TSN keeps renewing the broadcast rights, and optimistic about some type of revenue generation from CFL 2.0. But, as you said, how can a nine team league exist indefinitely when the three largest markets are not supporting their teams? And I'm not sure anyone has a good answer to this. It's not as simple as hoping attendance would pick up if those teams were more competitive. It's that CFL football has almost no fan base or appeal in those cities. I'm honestly worried.
  6. That's excellent! Most recent NFL stats I saw was around 80% of the time your team wins if you win the turnover battle.
  7. All great news! You have to be impressed with the Bombers depth. The only question marks to me are do you sit Rasheed Bailey for Whitehead? I vote Bailey. Better receiver. I've kind of cooled on Whitehead. And do you give Peterman more reps. Maybe split with Demski. Adding Jeffcoat to the D-line rotation is huge.
  8. Exactly. He's a QB with a "six week" (minimum) injury to his throwing shoulder. Pretty much the worst area of injury for a QB. Given the way the Bombers minimize the extent of injuries I'd say six weeks is optimistic. Plus, to expect Nichols to have even close to full throwing velocity with worse weather conditions ... I think it's Streveler all the way.
  9. On so many levels! I've watched it way too many times, and analyzed it way too much. I love him basically saying at the end "well, hey, if that's what they wanted" - i.e. yes they did fire you for Derek Taylor. And being bestest pals with all the Riders and the biggest homer in the world perhaps wasn't what they were looking for, as it's a touch unprofessional.
  10. Within the "rules" or not, it was dirty. So says former players and pretty much everyone (except Sask radio hosts). I coached youth football. It's easy to let your team play dirty. It's hard to coach them to play hard, aggressive, but fair and disciplined. O'Shea has been able to set that kind of tone with his team because it's the right way to play the game. Especially for pro players. This is their livelihood. Typically a short pro career in the CFL that is not going to make you rich. To intentionally try to injure a fellow player is disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated by a coach. Dickenson seems to tolerate this.
  11. CFL Head Coaches Battle Royal! Nine coaches in the ring, one winner. I've got O'Shea all day long. Not even close. And that includes Claybrooks!
  12. Lots of great posts here. In answer to the question, has my opinion change? Not really. I think Streveler has potential, but not 100% convinced he's going to evolve into a top tier CFL starter. My fears about him bolting to the NFL quickly have been diminished. He's not ready. I don't think Nichols is a QB I'd want to extend for more money. LaPo definitely hinders any QB we have. And, if I were Kyle Walters, I wouldn't be sitting back comfortably about my QB situation going into 2020. I'd be considering any and all options - McGuire, Streveler, free agent, NFL cut, trade ...
  13. Agree 100%. The player may not have been specifically "coached" to do that. But, the players are "coached" to do it when you create an atmosphere where that kind of stuff is tolerated. Say what you will about O'Shea, he would never tolerate a blatantly dirty player on his team. Dickenson is a POS. I dislike both the Dickensons.
  14. Streveler - yes, perhaps we all got a little ahead of ourselves. He’s not quite ready for prime time. Had moments though. Hardrick - finally someone says it! Every time there’s pressure it’s from the left DE. I watched him closely and he really struggles with any speed rush off the end. Kind of essential to block as a right tackle. Where’s Foketi when you need him?😀 Augustine - impressive all around. That stutter step was nasty Lawler - I think he was reading the love fest on MBB for Matthews and sent a little message as to why he was cut
  15. I think we probably go with what we have. Might see a player or two show up on the practice roster. Neg list WR Greg Ward was cut by the Eagles. No idea what he’s like, but who knows. We have to remember as fans we’re 8-2 without any contribution from Matthews. Adams returns. Harris returns. Even if we go with what we have, we’re okay.
  16. I’ll take QB Kyle Sloter as well providing he’s on our double secret negotiation list.
  17. Not a great NFL cut down day for former CFL players and Canadians so far. Duke Williams might not make it through NFL waivers but I hope the Bombers are at least pitching to his agent
  18. I did say that a "large" part of the responsibility falls on Matthews, meaning not all the responsibility. LaPo's offense is not designed to have 5000 yards passing for sure. However, Darvin Adams consistently puts up very good numbers despite the offense's limitations. I was expecting similar numbers from Matthews. I think the team was too.
  19. Agree with not looking great, in the sense of putting up huge reception numbers in a ball control, run heavy offense. However, he was supposed to be a legitimate threat. Double team, home run type threat. He was not. He was single covered, often not by their best cover DB. If you replaced him for Brandon Zylstra, I'm not saying Zylstra gets 100 receptions in this offense, but he's going to be double teamed, score some TD's and take some pressure off of Harris.
  20. This surprises me from Brown. Basically, it's all LaPo's fault. Really? For a guy who has been in the locker room and on the field, shouldn't a large part of the responsibility fall on a player with 12 catches and an off field stabbing incident? The more I listen to him, the more I think he's just trying to be a "hot take" machine. You're no Stephen A Smith my friend.
  21. "It was all LaPo and Nichol's fault!!!!" Just getting ahead of things for September 6 after Matthews makes his first catch for Montreal.
  22. As an aside, good article at The Athletic (behind paywall) indicating the NFL team needs and surplus areas leading up to cut day. Lots of teams have a surplus of receivers, meaning lots will get cut. Not saying that it's necessarily easy to get them to come to the CFL, or the Bombers for that matter. But, the supply side says there are a lot of potential American receivers looking for work. Perhaps another reason not to stick with a pricey, non productive import receiver with documented off field incidents. https://theathletic.com/1165706/2019/08/28/a-look-at-each-nfl-teams-needs-and-surpluses-heading-into-cut-down-day/
  23. Exactly. Randy Moss was a knucklehead. But also the best receiver in the NFL at the time. So, you put up with that kind of knucklehead.
  24. I'm with you that the Bombers don't have a great recent track record finding import receivers. But, in fairness, both of those players mentioned were cut/traded by multiple CFL teams other than the Bombers. Montreal had Stafford around three times. Some players just don't fit with a team at a given time. Some need time to develop, and end up doing it elsewhere. It's not hockey where you can send a player to the Moose to develop. Matthews had two catches per game average. Not good enough, especially to justify a high'ish salary.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.