Everything posted by Eternal optimist
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
I feel like this may be paying him more based on how much weight he's gained lately...
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
I say we keep him as a $70,000/year Blue Bomber mascot on the sidelines... let him throw those little nerf footballs in the stands whenever we score. With so many receivers surely someone will be open.
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
Between Randle and Wild's release, it certainly looks like the Bombers are trying to go younger in 2019... Wild's release makes sense as he had a few seasons riddled with injuries. As for Randle, it looks like the club is just playing to its' scouting strengths... hopefully they can find a youngster gem that can fill the void left by Randle that is both effective and cheaper on the books.
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
Not to mention Singleton's contract with the Eagles is just a futures contract... literally Philly just filling the bench.
-
Riel Discussion
I'm just making use of the philosophy course I needed to get my Bachelor of Science.
-
Riel Discussion
This is utilitarianism thinking... you can justify anything provided it is for the benefit of the many...
-
2019 Schedule Released
I also have never been a big fan of Thursday night games... however what I started doing a few seasons ago was just taking the following Friday off as a vacation day at work, works out nice especially if the game goes really late (such as the home opener last year)...plus then you get a long weekend out of it, turns a negative (dragging your ass into work after a late night from a game) into a positive (long weekend).
-
The CBA
I am in favor of compensation for fans.
-
The MBB All-Time Blue Bomber team
We should have a poll of the best posters on MBB - thus getting a poster all-star team.
-
The MBB All-time Blue Bomber Team: cornerbacks
Wish there was an "other" option - I'd pick Ken Ploen as he sometimes filled in as halfback and safety back when he played, led us to 6 Grey Cups, winning four of them. He was just a defensive player that was a student of the game and also happened to play QB.
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
I understand your frustration, but I'm always wary to crown a new KR/PR based on a small sample size... often teams just need a few games of film to figure out their tendencies, then thereafter are better at corralling the player... As for getting picked on though - agree 100%.
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
He was born in SSK, so honestly this makes sense. People from SSK make stupid decisions all the time.
-
Random Video Thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLBJA8SlH2w
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/mitchell-on-possibly-heading-to-the-nfl-we-ll-see-what-happens~1550609 Maybe we will finally get to see the man, the myth, the legend: Nick Arbuckle.
-
Who do you hate the most (Teams)
I think his point is not so much waiting around for teams to misstep, just that every empire eventually falters. The Al's were great under Calvillo... as mentioned Edmonton had a pretty good streak in the early 80s... heck even our own team had an era of dominance. Nothing wrong with a little schadenfreude derived from Calgary down the road... especially when they've got a quarterback that is that smug.
-
Bombers Free Agent List
Personally, I think the recent changes to league rules regarding defending receivers have passed Loffler by... I love his style of being a player lurking in the weeds, often delivering pivotal, jarring hits on WRs. Sadly though, I think the league has been trending away from that style, and we often see Loffler (and other similar players) penalized for hits that would've been legal even say, 4-5 years ago. Also, he has had injuries in his tenure here, which will only get worse as he continues to age.
-
Who do you hate the most (Teams)
Lately - Calgary, only because of their insufferable success as of late: - From 2008 - 2018, they've hosted the Western Final 7 of 11 possible times. - They've hosted the Western Final in 5 of the last 6 years, during that time span (2013 - 2018) they are a nauseating 84-22-2 in the regular season. - Last time they missed the playoffs was the same year Facebook was founded (February 4, 2004). I cannot wait for the might to fall, just like Montreal after Calvillo retired...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Exhibit A of why I hate the concept of playing CFL games in non-Canadian cities:
-
Bombers Free Agent List
Sadly once again, father time remains undefeated...
-
Bombers Free Agent List
In the CFL I would argue that the kicker is second in importance only to the QB.... for the love of god resign Medlock. I still have night terrors of Justin Palardy.
-
Needs for next year
Absolutely, if I recall correctly... at the time he was traded Neufeld was injured too.
-
Needs for next year
I understand the 'Riders sold their souls to win the GC on home turf in 2013, but man, longer term did we ever get the better end of that deal.
-
Needs for next year
Yeah... makes me wonder what could've been if we went after Matthews harder..
-
Needs for next year
He has the heart that's for sure, and he's a ball hawk. There have been too many drives though this year where a receiver just absolutely manhandled him as the opposing team marched down the field...Most recently was the last home game against Calgary (by Matthews), and in that Ottawa game where they blew a 15 point lead.
-
Grey Cup - predictions
I hope they both lose.