Everything posted by Colin Unger
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Nice.. Good price for such a talent. I would imagine Heath wanted a lot more for doing a lot less.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Perhaps Ed Hervey wants to blow this team up. I wouldn't be surprised if Fenner was paid north of 150k. But who knows how much money Heath wanted.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I wonder how much more Heath wanted....
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Fenner is exactly the kind of guy i was looking for. Somebody who can help replace Heath but also can fill in for Leggett if he gets injured.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I would like us to bring in a veteran as well but maybe not the highest price guy. Wait a couple days and if there's someone out there still who could help us then go after them. There's zero doubt in my mind that Santos-Knox would be a significant upgrade over Sam Hurl though. He's got a year under his belt and he's a natural middle linebacker. I would sooner spend on defensive backs and canadians.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
We need at least one more solid DB IMO. We need a defensive halfback who can start and also potentially play SAM if Leggett continues to struggle with the injury bug. I doubt that Gaitor is at or near league minimum but still much cheaper than Heath who may be looking to be the highest paid DB in the league.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Personally I'd rather have two very solid DB's than one TJ Heath at this point. We had the all-stars we had the front end talent but your secondary has to play as a unit and it is only as strong as the weakest link.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
True. But right now we are one Trent Corney injury away from having to play Faith as a nearly every down player. We need more depth there IMO.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I still would like to have a proven veteran National defensive lineman on the roster. I imagine we will sign somebody who is less expensive and younger than Westerman. Zach Evans would be high on my list.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
This is why its better for players to have bonuses before free-agency starts.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I wonder how much the signing of Bowman impacted pending free-agent receivers. Perhaps Winnipeg was seen as an reason to hit free-agency but they may have informed certain agents that they are no longer going to be going after top receivers in free-agency.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I think role may have played into this and having to be on the same team as Duron Carter may have been a deterrent as well
-
Bomber Moves 2018
It will be interesting to see if we can have 2 guys join the 10,000 receiving yards club in the same season. Bowman is at 9024 and Dressler is at 9491. If they both end their careers in Winnipeg it will be interested to see which guy ends up on top.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
This is exactly what we've been missing in our offense. They would have liked to see Thorpe or Givens take over that role but now we have a guy we know can do it. Hopefully this reduces the hits that Dressler needs to take.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Stamps really starting to get thin on the offensive line! http://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/stampeders-offensive-lineman-federkeil-retires
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
This guy also has upside...
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
I'm not as worried about the track record with QB's. Winnipeg hasn't really dedicated to developing a QB. Bennett looked like he has some upside but we went with 3 veterans this past season. The problem with developing QB's is that you don't find out what they are worth until you risk some wins by starting them. I'm more concerned about finding import receivers at this point. I still think that Thorpe was a good find and Washington and Givens have potential. Not to mention Flanders.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
We can cross Spencer off the Bombers wish list. https://www.cfl.ca/2018/02/07/redblacks-sign-extensions-spencer-macmillan/
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
Hopefully there's more to say about this guy at some point in the future
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
From what I've heard after last training camp from a reliable source connected to the team Spooner was very far behind Couture. If there's a an offensive lineman available when our first pick comes up who could come in a immediately be an upgrade over Spooner i think we should go with another offensive lineman. Going from 2 to 3 Canadian starters in theory creates more of a need for backup depth on the offensive line. I feel like we have to ignore Gray at this point and if he ever comes here deal with the embarrassment of riches at that time. We also have to assume that at some point Neufeld is going to be injured because that has been the track record. So when Neufeld is injured are we comfortable with our Canadian offensive line depth consisting of Spooner alone? I'd take an offensive lineman if there is a quality guy available. Personally I would push for Couture to start over Neufeld and use Neufeld more as a roster backup who can fill in at tackle or guard as it gives us a better chance of surviving the season with a healthy offensive line.
-
Conner Hellebuyck the Vezina Candidate
Won't have enough wins to be considered IMO.
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
- Conner Hellebuyck the Vezina Candidate
After Conner McDavid put on a show against Andrei Vasilevskiy it would appear that Conner Hellebuyck is not within striking distance of him in the Vezina race. What do you guys think it would take for Hellebuyck to win the award? He is currently 4 behind in terms of wins but also has 4 fewer regulation losses. If he can end up within 2 or 3 wins and have fewer loses I would say this category will be a draw. All it would take right now is a Hellebuyck shutout and one poor performance by Vasilevskiy and they would pretty much be in a dead heat. Thoughts?- Around the NHL 2017/2018
Trouba shouldn't eat away from that 20 million too much. He makes 2.5 now and I don't see him making much more than 5.5 on his next one.- Around the NHL 2017/2018
I would take a wait and see approach with Wheeler. He's excellent right now but the NHL is a young man's game. If he's still getting it done hopefully his contract at age 33 wouldn't go beyond 2 years. - Conner Hellebuyck the Vezina Candidate