2016 NHL Draft

2 more years of junior plus a year in the ahl is the plan for Stanley according to the scouts. Just like Morrissey who will be a Jet this year. Poolman will sign when his seasons up. Both him and his agent have said as much. Kostalek was pretty bad this year with the moose. Doubt that you see him with the jets anytime soon if ever. Bet Stanley makes the jets b4 Kostalek does. Kostalek might get a call up or 2 but he's not close to bring nhl ready.  Not close at all. He's actually a long shot to make it much like poolman but I think when poolman signs he gets a few games with the jets b4 Kostalek does 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

"A poor man's Hall Gill"? Can't say I've ever heard anybody called that before.

worst I ever heard, and it was on an American NHL broadcast one time in the late 90s, was "Poor man's Barry Richter..."

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wonder if they wanted Jacob Chychrun more so.

I'd guess they wanted Stanley more. Lots of people feel Chychrun has actually reached his ceiling already. Like he is what he is basically and there isn't much room for much more growth to his game. I think jets wanted Stanley more 

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lawless said the head scout said going in that should the jets come out with Laine and Stanley then it was a great draft for them. So they very much wanted him. Time will tell but based on their desire I'll embrace the decision. They got the guy they wanted. 

yup.  The fact they traded up to get him shows how badly they wanted Stanley.  They could have traded up to get Chycrun but I think Stanley was their guy. 

Now if Chevy had worked out a deal with Edmonton to grab Poolparty at 4th overall I would have just about exploded...especially if it had involved in anyway the jettisoning of Enstrom and Burmistrov...

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Now if Chevy had worked out a deal with Edmonton to grab Poolparty at 4th overall I would have just about exploded...especially if it had involved in anyway the jettisoning of Enstrom and Burmistrov...

And Stafford...don't forget Stafford!

I don't think EDM would have traded that pick for anyone who has not been nominated or won the Norris the last couple of years.

Trouba wouldn't even ring the phone, now PK on the other hand...

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg