Throw the ball downfield

BigBlue

This forum is better in the off season.  I find once the season starts up.... all the sky is falling folks show up.... I mean you just need to look at the first game of the preseason thread. I believe it's on page 30 by now. Why? Cuz we won so not much to go off about. Lose tho and uh oh here we go.... crazy. So many people reading in to the pre season so much.... 

I'm sorry but.... when you are constantly being negative or looking for the bad.... man what's the point. Perhaps sports isn't your thing. 

Could go 20 and 0 win the grey cup. Lose our first pre season the year later and ppl would complain or perhaps say things like we were lucky to win. Just crazy 

I don't think that the people are looking for the negative all the time. In fact I think that for the most part people are being analytical in most instances. Let's face it if there are positives to speak to I'm sure you will see it however if there are negatives, then should you not see them as well? I think often as Bomber fans and die hards as well there is a tendency to look through rose coloured glasses and not see the whole picture. One must admit as has already been mentioned that this team and organization has not exactly thrilled its fan over the past several years so it is natural that there is some doubt in peoples minds. And don't forget they have a right to voice their opinions as well as those who voice the negative as it is called. The comments have been made so let's see who is on the right tract and who isn't. In the big picture I think we are all fans, some just aren't afraid to voice their concerns while other will only expound on the good.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

This forum is better in the off season.  I find once the season starts up.... all the sky is falling folks show up.... I mean you just need to look at the first game of the preseason thread. I believe it's on page 30 by now. Why? Cuz we won so not much to go off about. Lose tho and uh oh here we go.... crazy. So many people reading in to the pre season so much.... 

I'm sorry but.... when you are constantly being negative or looking for the bad.... man what's the point. Perhaps sports isn't your thing. 

Could go 20 and 0 win the grey cup. Lose our first pre season the year later and ppl would complain or perhaps say things like we were lucky to win. Just crazy 

The problem like the football club is all about expectations. The first problem is this forum is on the Internet. The internet was invented for people to vent their frustrations or for universities involved in weapons design to talk to each other after a nuclear attack although I am not sure what there would be to talk about. 

The second problem is that only people who are deeply emotionally invested are going to spend the time to post and read here. Emotional investment does not usually reap a dividend of intellectual results or positive attitudes for that matter. 

The third problem is that in a very small league the BB have not won a cup in a long long time. So long ago that some of the yellers here did not witness it. They don't have the pleasant memories of Tyrone Jones waddling at amazing speed to chase down a quarterback or the fireworks when Matty had his enormous passing game. Pleasant memories have a way of dulling the pain. 

I think the best thing you can take away from these fire breathing discussions is that with the exception of a few knuckleheads we are all on the same side.