Jesse Puljujärvi

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If it means cheaper ticket prices, I'm all for it.  But it won't.

I think it was the big show guys going on and on about this wanting ticket prices lower. Why would they lower ticket prices? And why should they?  Ticket prices are determined by supply and demand. As long as supply is low and demand is high no reason to drop prices. 

At least True North have continued to invest in the building and fan experience. 

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think it was the big show guys going on and on about this wanting ticket prices lower. Why would they lower ticket prices? And why should they?  Ticket prices are determined by supply and demand. As long as supply is low and demand is high no reason to drop prices. 

At least True North have continued to invest in the building and fan experience. 

Sure thing.  I, however, would still like to have cheaper ticket prices.

But like i said in my post and then you repeated in two paragraphs.  True North has no reason to lower prices.

Look at that, we agree.

18 hours ago, iso_55 said:

You know what the real highlight of this video? Just how much advertising there is on the boards, the ice & they uniforms of players in the Finnish League. I'm sure when players take a dump between periods some company logo comes out.

lots of ads for sure.  Pulujarvi sure is fast, looks a lot like Connor and Ehlers.  I'd rather go with Laine - different kind of player.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

There is a guy on another site... has appeared on hustler and lawless a few times also... an insider of sorts... garret hohl is his name. He thinks that the jets really like Puljujarvi and think that it's a lot closer between Puljujarvi and Laine than people think but in the end thinks the jets take Laine but has made it known it wouldn't surprise him if they took Puljujarvi instead 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

There is a guy on another site... has appeared on hustler and lawless a few times also... an insider of sorts... garret hohl is his name. He thinks that the jets really like Puljujarvi and think that it's a lot closer between Puljujarvi and Laine than people think but in the end thinks the jets take Laine but has made it known it wouldn't surprise him if they took Puljujarvi instead 

we have two Puljujarvi's already.  Which is awesome, but we need another Blake Wheeler (on steroids).

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

lots of ads for sure.  Pulujarvi sure is fast, looks a lot like Connor and Ehlers.  I'd rather go with Laine - different kind of player.

That big ice surface allows him to show off his skating. He'll have to adjust to the physical play & smaller ice surface of the NHL. He has the size for sure.

Well did Finland just make it easier for the Jets to pick PL?

"Potential future Winnipeg Jet Patrik Laine was named to Finland's World Cup of Hockey roster this morning. Top prospect Jesse Puljujärvi was not chosen for the squad. Alex Burmistrov meanwhile was also omitted from Team Russia. Ivan Telegin was picked, the forward was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers 101st overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. "

Burmi? Guess being mentioned is a feather in his cap. Telegin to get 2nd chance?

26 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well did Finland just make it easier for the Jets to pick PL?

"Potential future Winnipeg Jet Patrik Laine was named to Finland's World Cup of Hockey roster this morning. Top prospect Jesse Puljujärvi was not chosen for the squad. Alex Burmistrov meanwhile was also omitted from Team Russia. Ivan Telegin was picked, the forward was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers 101st overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. "

Burmi? Guess being mentioned is a feather in his cap. Telegin to get 2nd chance?

Im curious as to why JP wasnt selected by Finland...

Perhaps Telegin has a better relationship with the Russian guys than Burmi?  Maybe they are of similar talent and they didnt want two...flipped a coin.  Telegin has little to no value.  Could see him as a throw in to a trade.

Telegin had a great world championships and that played a role but there is no room for him on the Jets and no, I don't think Finland naming Laine makes the decision any easier for the Jets. The Jets don't really care what Team Finland does. It shouldn't factor in to their decision at all. Jets will take one of Laine or Pulju but... to say for sure who that guy is today, is just a total guess. Wouldn't shock me if they took Laine, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they liked the all around 200 foot game of Pulju more. 

I think the story is more about the media making Laine and Matthews sound a lot closer than they are. I think Puljujarvi is actually being ignored in all of the hoopla. I think Laine and JP are closer than most people realize. It's just that Laine is the guy everybody saw recently, Puljujarvi was just the guy ripping up the under 19's in Grand Forks with a broken finger. 

Edited by Goalie

I personally don't care who they take at 2 as long as it's 1 of Laine or Puljujarvi. Put me in the either or category there. I don't know enough about either guy to say they gotta take this guy. I'm just saying i could see how they could like Puljujarvi's 200 foot game more than Laines. Laine has big potential, so does Puljujarvi. I'm happy with whoever they take. They are darn good drafting team, so whoever they take, I'll be happy with. They will have made the right choice regardless. All i'm really saying is at this point, It wouldn't really surprise me if they took Puljujarvi over Laine, even though myself, I think it's more likely they do take Laine. Just saying theres a chance they don't. 

Don't think we have heard the last of Telegin in the NHL whether it's with the Jets or Moose or a different NHL team his showing at the tourney in Russia had people talking. Size speed and a nose for the net are qualities that teams are looking for if he doesn't fit in with the Jets at the moment.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Goalie said:

I personally don't care who they take at 2 as long as it's 1 of Laine or Puljujarvi. Put me in the either or category there. I don't know enough about either guy to say they gotta take this guy. I'm just saying i could see how they could like Puljujarvi's 200 foot game more than Laines. Laine has big potential, so does Puljujarvi. I'm happy with whoever they take. They are darn good drafting team, so whoever they take, I'll be happy with. They will have made the right choice regardless. All i'm really saying is at this point, It wouldn't really surprise me if they took Puljujarvi over Laine, even though myself, I think it's more likely they do take Laine. Just saying theres a chance they don't. 

Well, after going for beers again with my Finnish buddy yesterday I actually do care a lot who the Jets take.  I honestly don't buy what you are peddling here that Laine and Puljujarvi are close.  Talking to an actual Finnish hockey fan, he says that its not close at all.  He doesn't think Puljujarvi even plays in the NHL next year, while Laine is ready to step into top 6 on any team in the NHL right now.  I told him about this one poster who keeps saying that he doesn't care who the Jets take and that Pulju and Laine are almost the same and he laughed his head off.  Laine is the biggest hockey story to hit Finland since Teemu Selanne.  Could be even bigger than Teemu one day, if that's even possible.  Chevy would lose his job if he took anyone but Laine at 2.  It's not even a discussion.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, Goalie said:

It's funny you say another Blake Wheeler cuz lots of people compare Puljujarvi to Wheeler 

not sure who is doing that.  Ok we don't need another Blake Wheeler, we need an Ovechkin.  Now you are going to tell me people are comparing Puljujarvi to Ovechkin right?  :)