Game 81 : Jets @ Sharks - West Coast Story

Geez, I wish these Jets were in the playoffs...they're an exciting team to watch now. And that Mark Snipefele....that guy is good.

Byfuglien 4 points...a three game winning streak...setting the tone for next year.

Snipefele line - 30 points in the last 8 games.

Edited by Mr Dee

I thought the ref must be a Jets fan with that BS call on Tanev at the end there (helping us with the tank).  I can't believe these kids, they are actually a pretty good team!  Talk about speed!  Every line is working and connecting.  Really liking the late season emergence of Copp too.  And Lowry is finally playing with some confidence.  He was nailing guys all over the place.  Got a good feeling about next season.

This is not the same team I watched live on New Years Eve in Phoenix.  That team had some dysfunctional stuff going on.  This team is looking much more like a team.  What has changed?  I don't know.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Nothing. Jets are a top 10 possession team. Pav and Hutch sucked earlier. PK sucked. PP sucked. Pav is having his 1 week hot streak again. He wasn't good tho and hasn't been despite what the announcers try to say. Copp is playing well cuz he's not playing with thorburn. Amazing what happens when you put 2 skilled guys like Petan and Armia with copp. Lowry still struggling and will continue to until he isn't playing with Thor. Guys like thorburn Peluso Stuart pav need to be replaced and they already have the kids to replace them with. Offseason will be interesting cuz we will find out if loyalty or winning is more important to the Jets 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nothing. Jets are a top 10 possession team. Pav and Hutch sucked earlier. PK sucked. PP sucked. Pav is having his 1 week hot streak again. He wasn't good tho and hasn't been despite what the announcers try to say. Copp is playing well cuz he's not playing with thorburn. Amazing what happens when you put 2 skilled guys like Petan and Armia with copp. Lowry still struggling and will continue to until he isn't playing with Thor. Guys like thorburn Peluso Stuart pav need to be replaced and they already have the kids to replace them with. Offseason will be interesting cuz we will find out if loyalty or winning is more important to the Jets 

I agree a lot with what you are saying, but there's something else too.  Team chemistry and/or team dynamic.  I am almost thinking Ladd leaving had something to do with it.

Nope cuz they were a top 10 possession team with Ladd also. It's really as simple as bad goaltending. Pav has played 3 or 5 more games than helle has and has less wins. Hutch has 9 wins. It's really that simple. Helle has the most wins for the jets this year and hasn't played for what? 2 3 months now. 

Edited by Goalie

Can't fault the guys playing hard and wanting to win, remember that some guys are playing for spots next year some will be some will  make the Moose a better team, this team will have ups and downs next year to ,probably lose more then they win, but the experience will be mostly positive and the younger player will get lots of ice so the following year when hopefully everything clicks for this team and the word tank is never heard of again.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nope cuz they were a top 10 possession team with Ladd also. It's really as simple as bad goaltending. Pav has played 3 or 5 more games than helle has and has less wins. Hutch has 9 wins. It's really that simple. Helle has the most wins for the jets this year and hasn't played for what? 2 3 months now. 

I honestly don't care about top 10 possession, and don't really know what that means.  There is team dynamic and there is team dysfunction.  This team is finally playing like a team, and scoring goals, something they couldn't do earlier in the year to save their lives.  Five goals against the Sharks in San Jose???!!  Are you kidding me??  

Maurice implied that you shouldn't read too much into that win.  San Jose has a playoff spot wrapped up and we're basically just going through the motions. 

It was a sloppy game by both teams. 

We certainly didn't beat San Jose at their best. 

Maurice has thrown some cold water on the Jets play.  He said he doesnt put much stock in these games because the other teams dont have a ton to play for.  He said seeing players fighting and playing hard is great and its more about evaluating individuals to caring about the wins and losses.

With Scheif nearing 30 goals at no better time for him going into a contract year, what are we looking at for him now?  Have to assume Jets would love to lock him up for 7 or 8 years...

Another interesting discussion on the Big Show this morning.  I think it was the Sherrif that was asked who would be the 3rd line centre (At least I think that was the question) between Lowry and Copp.  There was a long pause and he replied that he thinks they would compete for the 4C spot.  And that Scheif playing the way he has sort of makes him the defacto 1C with Wheelers and Ehlers.  Little plays 2C and he said "they need to find wingers" for him.  and potentially makes Perreault the 3C.  Good problem to have. 

I would think though its Perreault - Little - Stafford to start.  Connor - Lowry - ??? (Dano/Armia).

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think Copp has more O potential than Lowry so have Connor and Copp together on the third line with a guy like Dano or Armia might make more sense. 2 michigan kids with some skill for sure. 

The CAC line.  I like it.  Any combination of Lowry, Burmi, Dano, Armia (with a sprinkling of Thorbs) makes a strong 4th line too that should get some playing time.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maurice has thrown some cold water on the Jets play.  He said he doesnt put much stock in these games because the other teams dont have a ton to play for.

Oh man I bitched on Twitter last night when he said this. ANA, SJ, LA all playing for home rink advantage. ANA/LA fighting for division lead. Nothing to play for?!!?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maurice has thrown some cold water on the Jets play.  He said he doesnt put much stock in these games because the other teams dont have a ton to play for.  He said seeing players fighting and playing hard is great and its more about evaluating individuals to caring about the wins and losses.

With Scheif nearing 30 goals at no better time for him going into a contract year, what are we looking at for him now?  Have to assume Jets would love to lock him up for 7 or 8 years...

Another interesting discussion on the Big Show this morning.  I think it was the Sherrif that was asked who would be the 3rd line centre (At least I think that was the question) between Lowry and Copp.  There was a long pause and he replied that he thinks they would compete for the 4C spot.  And that Scheif playing the way he has sort of makes him the defacto 1C with Wheelers and Ehlers.  Little plays 2C and he said "they need to find wingers" for him.  and potentially makes Perreault the 3C.  Good problem to have. 

I would think though its Perreault - Little - Stafford to start.  Connor - Lowry - ??? (Dano/Armia).

And like he should. Still good to seem them winning regardless of San Jose's play and standings. Winning is always good for chemistry, atmosphere and culture.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was listening to this and when he paused I said 4C and then he said that.

I'd muc rather see Perreault and Staf on the 3rd line with Connor and Little with Armia and Petan/Dano or Connor even. It would be so nice if Staf was moved this off-seaon but I know he won't be.

16 minutes ago, Ducky said:

What about...

ESW

Connor Little Armia

Copp Perreault Stafford

Lemieux Lowry Dano

Thorbs ------------> pressbox and Peluso to the Moose.

If Staf were traded, it would make some room for Petan, if he is ready.

I can't see PaMa not having Burmi on the team.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I can't see PaMa not having Burmi on the team.

Honestly, I forgot about Burmi....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Trade him with Staf and our 2nd next year and Chicago's 1st this year for another top 10 this year????

It'd be nice if we got a forward AND a LHD in the top 10.....I know, I'm dreaming.