Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Goalie

UFC

Recommended Posts

On 2/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

FOX has reportedly offered UFC $250 million per year under a new TV contract, up from their initial $200 million.  UFC will make $168 million this year so $250 would be a significant increase.  There is talk of UFC potentially dropping some of the lower level PPV's and running more specials with FOX.

I'd assume this would dampen FOX's interest in WWE unless they really want to juice their sports programming (which actually is a greater focus since selling most of their assets to Disney).

10 PPV events a year would be perfect imo. 11 divisions plus the new womens fw division. You can have 2-3 title fights in a ppv night, and some mixed into the free live events. And focus the free events on a bunch of belt qualifier matches and up and comer types.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UFC has really tanked the quality of PPV's in the last year and a bit....  the PPV last week was god awful in regards to ranked talent.  When Cyril Asker is the lead up fight to the co main event....  that's just god awful.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just when you think jon jones cant be any more of a mess. Coming soon to an internet streaming site near you, watch as jon jones takes on some one who drives a delivery truck for a living, LIVE from international waters off the coast of japan for the rizin whaterverweight championship of the ocean.... 

Undisputed 7, jon jones vs wesley snipes. 

Edited by wbbfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

 

Just when you think jon jones cant be any more of a mess. Coming soon to an internet streaming site near you, watch as jon jones takes on some one who drives a delivery truck for a living, LIVE from international waters off the coast of japan for the rizin whaterverweight championship of the ocean.... 

Undisputed 7, jon jones vs wesley snipes. 

The worst part for Jones is that the CSAC took it easy on him.  They are gun shy from losing a legal challenge about lengthy suspensions (which is why the chose to revoke his license instead).  They are letting USADA handle that part and they will probably hammer him pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Jones is the fight they want for Brock Lesnar.  If he had managed to get out of this, its almost surely a lock that fight would happen.

Brock is "likely" going back to UFC because he can make a boat load of money (not as much as he would against Jones though).  But three years ago, this same thing happened where Brock was thought to be going to UFC for sure and UFC made him an offer that exceeded WWE's offer significantly but at the 11th hour, Brock opted to stick with WWE, got a raise to sign a new deal.  He said he did a mini camp and just didnt have the desire needed.  Of course, he found the desire for the Mark Hunt fight and made a ton of money (with WWE allowing him to do it).

I believe he would have six months left on a suspension (or has to test clean for six months once he re-enters the testing pool).  He is not tested in WWE and usually around big matches like WM, he looks enormously jacked.  At RR I thought he looked big but not as defined so there is speculation he might be back in the testing pool.

His contract expires at WM (or the night after) but WWE holds some rights on him til August.  It would make sense for a fall fight. 

Cain Velasquez, Stipe Miocic or Francis Ngannou are all big money fights for him.  I suspect he'd lose them all.  He's 41.  But its business and its about making money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The worst part for Jones is that the CSAC took it easy on him.  They are gun shy from losing a legal challenge about lengthy suspensions (which is why the chose to revoke his license instead).  They are letting USADA handle that part and they will probably hammer him pretty good. 

If his usada case goes any thing like the CSAC jon jones will be lucky to end up any place but GITMO. 

Imo he is the biggest athlete train wreck in my life time. 

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Jon Jones is the fight they want for Brock Lesnar.  If he had managed to get out of this, its almost surely a lock that fight would happen.

Brock is "likely" going back to UFC because he can make a boat load of money (not as much as he would against Jones though).  But three years ago, this same thing happened where Brock was thought to be going to UFC for sure and UFC made him an offer that exceeded WWE's offer significantly but at the 11th hour, Brock opted to stick with WWE, got a raise to sign a new deal.  He said he did a mini camp and just didnt have the desire needed.  Of course, he found the desire for the Mark Hunt fight and made a ton of money (with WWE allowing him to do it).

I believe he would have six months left on a suspension (or has to test clean for six months once he re-enters the testing pool).  He is not tested in WWE and usually around big matches like WM, he looks enormously jacked.  At RR I thought he looked big but not as defined so there is speculation he might be back in the testing pool.

His contract expires at WM (or the night after) but WWE holds some rights on him til August.  It would make sense for a fall fight. 

Cain Velasquez, Stipe Miocic or Francis Ngannou are all big money fights for him.  I suspect he'd lose them all.  He's 41.  But its business and its about making money.

Yeah seems like brock is just going to be waiting on his suspension. 

Imo brock has lost some quickness, and his mechanics have not gotten significantly better. Imo until cain proves other wise He is done.  Ngannou would be really interesting to watch fight brock. 

I could see a bit of juice for a brock vs DC fight, but not a lot. Derrick lewis is a sleeper to take a brock fight imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cormier would destroy Brock so bad it wouldn't even be remotely competitive.      Brock needs to fight one dimensional fighters with mediocre cardio and ground game... Derrick Lewis would be the perfect foe.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Cormier would destroy Brock so bad it wouldn't even be remotely competitive.      Brock needs to fight one dimensional fighters with mediocre cardio and ground game... Derrick Lewis would be the perfect foe.  

Toss up between Ngannou and Lewis.  Ngannou is dangerous very early but that's it.   His fight with Miocic showed, he has zero cardio & ground game.  Lewis isnt a threat on the ground either but at least he's shown he can still finish someone beyond the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brock's weakness is striking.  So Ngannou is probably the most dangerous fighter for him as far as getting hurt.  I could see him getting knocked the F out.  On the other hand, Ngannou is also the better opponent as far as Brock using his wrestling against him.  Brock is still a beast but he hates getting hit and at his age, his defense isnt any better.  He wont fare well.  But UFC needs stars and Brock will still draw for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Brock's weakness is striking.  So Ngannou is probably the most dangerous fighter for him as far as getting hurt.  I could see him getting knocked the F out.  On the other hand, Ngannou is also the better opponent as far as Brock using his wrestling against him.  Brock is still a beast but he hates getting hit and at his age, his defense isnt any better.  He wont fare well.  But UFC needs stars and Brock will still draw for awhile.

Ngannou is the only one of the three you mentioned that I think he has a chance against. The other two guys can wrestle and are still very good strikers. Ngannou has the most power of the three, but is also the least technical and can't wrestle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little bit surprised dern got the win. Shes really game, maybe too much. Shes tough and aggressive though. A lot more hope for her then some of the recent hype jobs. 

Every thing but brocks athletic ability is his weakness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Dern 29-28 but barely. 1st was very close but she was the one pushing the fight so I gave it to her... could have gone either way though.  2nd & 3rd rounds were pretty straight forward to score.  Adelaide Byrd was the judge who had Yoder winning so that says a lot! Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I had Dern 29-28 but barely. 1st was very close but she was the one pushing the fight so I gave it to her... could have gone either way though.  2nd & 3rd rounds were pretty straight forward to score.  Adelaide Byrd was the judge who had Yoder winning so that says a lot! Lol 

I wasnt scoring tbh, ive been a fan for a long time i was excited for derns ufc debut. On damage for sure, she had volume too but i felt a lot of her blows were less significant then her effort put behind them. 

Haha when i heard byrd first i was like oh boy /facepalm. It matching my gut kind of makes me thing i need to re watch and score it. Must be wrong. 

That viera throw was crazy impressive. Bonus worthy in and of it self. I love great judo tosses though. If dern had take down/throws like that she'd be RR 2.0 right now. 

 I kind of agree with the crazy russian too. Cyborg has crazy power, but not that one shot KTFO power. 

 

Edited by wbbfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cybro rushed and crushed kunitskaya, but that russian girl showed some fantastic stuff, and real toughness. Gonna be fun to watch her more.. Few women will even want to take her, kunits took her on short notice. 

Ortega with the shocker, man he looks soo much better every time out. Him vs holloway is gonna be epic. 

Omalley, what a warrior wow. That lao guy should have swept the leg though. 

Always liked arlovski, he isnt as exciting any more but Its great to see him doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that was a PPV?  Yikes it lacked some serious star power.       

I skimmed through the PPV...  thought Lombard was a moron....  enjoyed Rogan calling out Byrd who is atrocious and widely despised by the MMA community..... still can't believe Struve has not watched a Tim Sylvia fight and learn how to throw a jab.......  couldn't believe that the guy O'malley was fighting actually thought he won at the end..... overall a card that should not of been a ppv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Brandon said:

I can't believe that was a PPV?  Yikes it lacked some serious star power.       

I skimmed through the PPV...  thought Lombard was a moron....  enjoyed Rogan calling out Byrd who is atrocious and widely despised by the MMA community..... still can't believe Struve has not watched a Tim Sylvia fight and learn how to throw a jab.......  couldn't believe that the guy O'malley was fighting actually thought he won at the end..... overall a card that should not of been a ppv. 

Certainly light on names, holloway pulling out and ortega not wanting to skip up to him on short notice hurt the star power a lot. The event was better quality then many in the last year though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Haha them talking bad about byrd was great. DC was more PC of course, but she could end up scoring his fights still. 

Struve is what he is. If he was 6 foot 6 hed be un employed. Hes soo frustrating to watch.  If he trained with the klitchkos for a year hed be a top contender if not a champion. 

Omalley won a lot of fans with that heart. And he looked great before getting hurt too. I read he didnt break his leg, but he said he'd a been better off if he had. Here is hoping he can get another fight this year and keep some of that momentum. 

Khabib, and tony. Please please please stay healthy. And PLEASE let mcg fight the winner this year... 

Saw renner the blue belt seller in Tcitys corner. Not surprising, a bit surprised they talked about those roots but not the conspiracy. But then its Joe hogan and bjj. Hollway vs tcity is all but booked. Thats gonna be one hell of a fight too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Struve trains with Dirty Bob who is useless.  I'm just always amazed that the guy hasn't figured out that a long boring fight with tonnes of kicks would get him some easy wins... he has a really solid ground game so most guys won't want to take him down.   

I also liked the weird bruises on his back and had to google to see what the hell cupping is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 6:29 PM, Brandon said:

I thought Struve trains with Dirty Bob who is useless.  I'm just always amazed that the guy hasn't figured out that a long boring fight with tonnes of kicks would get him some easy wins... he has a really solid ground game so most guys won't want to take him down.   

I also liked the weird bruises on his back and had to google to see what the hell cupping is.  

Yeah i recognized it, im not a believer in that stuff. 

He would do well to train with cain on a regular basis. Jab or die. But then who knows if cain can even stand for more then 10 minutes at a time any  more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 8:10 PM, bigg jay said:

Bones get a 4 year ban from USADA.

 

Wow. But its fair. He is one of the biggest screw ups in the history of the sport. I wouldnt be surprised to see him fighting in rizin, or who knows follow RR to the wwe lol. He will be damn near 35 when the ban is over. Not long ago he was the best and on track to challenge for GOAT, and really young with his best a head of him. Now he is a bum. 

Volkov is looking like he is next up for a shot at the title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy Couture started his MMA career when he was something like 36.....   so it isn't out of the realm of possibility of him making a come back.  

The punishment I find is completely fair and he only has himself to blame.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have read that tweet more carefully... :blink:  The guy who tweeted that is a known troll & Jones hasn't even met with USADA yet.  I was wondering why more people weren't talking about the suspension! lol

That being said, that's in the ball park for what people are expecting USADA to hand out as punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The anthony joshua fight was a real disappointment. its a slap in the face to mma how much money the bald one is offering him to box vs how much some champs make in the ufc. 

Floyd seems more and more serious about mma, its going to be interesting to see who he fights. 

We are one week out from ufc 223. So far so good, no injury pull out yet.  I just want to see mcg fight the winner of khabib vs ferguson. (my money is on khabib) 

hope this is trolling. i forgot it was april 1st when i first heard this...

Edited by wbbfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...