UFC

Goalie

GSP is to small for middleweight...   I don't see how he handles the guys who are giants like Romero.   

Hendricks looks ridiculous trying to fight at middleweight. The guy is done completely...  

Most interesting part of the card was the 2 DQ's with the same ref....   weird stuff! 

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

GSP is to small for middleweight...   I don't see how he handles the guys who are giants like Romero.   

Hendricks looks ridiculous trying to fight at middleweight. The guy is done completely...  

Most interesting part of the card was the 2 DQ's with the same ref....   weird stuff! 

He is, but hes soo much bigger now he might have a hard time getting back down to WW.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:22 PM, Brandon said:

I think GSP could beat Romero. Romero's massive, but I think GSP could out strike him. I think Romero has been overrated a little bit. Weidman was beating him until he basically hit Romero's knee with his head.  Kennedy had him beat too, until he cheated and took extra time to recover.

I don't expect GSP to fight at middleweight again though. I think his next match is with Woodley.

Edited by sweep the leg

So Conor is having quite the night.... he wasnt licensed as a cornerman but he jumped into the cage where a teammate may or may not have just won a fight  (opponent got dropped at the very end of the round so there's confusion as to why the ref stopped it. 

He goes & shoves the ref (Marc Goddard), runs around like a lunatic then slaps an official trying to get him off the top of the cage. Now there's a report he's been arrested for fighting at his hotel.

**Yahoo sports tweeted about the arrest but have since deleted it so we'll see if that part is true.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

A week and a half out the UFC coming back to town.  Some (hopefully final) changes to the card but it's held up much better than the 1st time they came here.

http://www.ufc.ca/news/Changes-made-to-Winnipeg-card

I've read that Pietro Menga, one of the replacement fighters, is considered to be a very good prospect. Currently undefeated.

From a few days ago but GSP sidelined with colitis: http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufcs-dana-white-georges-st-pierre-colitis/

Posted from his FB account on Saturday:

I now understand the health issues that I had during my last training camp… I hoped my condition would improve after the fight but unfortunately it got worse and I had to go straight to the hospital for a colonoscopy when I came back from vacation last Wednesday. The diagnosis is ulcerative colitis and I am now taking medication that will hopefully appease the symptoms. My health is my #1 priority right now, I’m still a very happy man, thanks for your support!!!

And then Luke Rockhold has to be a dink about it: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/4/16735206/luke-rockhold-georges-st-pierre-should-move-along-from-middleweight

“I don’t want to jump to conclusions,” Rockhold said. “But, I mean, the fact is come out and just that say you don’t want to fight here in the division, relinquish the title, and move on. I’m tired of story after story and just dragging us on and leaving us in the dark. State what it is. If you’re sick you’re sick, but the fact is, you don’t want to fight in the division.”

42 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

From a few days ago but GSP sidelined with colitis: http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufcs-dana-white-georges-st-pierre-colitis/

And then Luke Rockhold has to be a dink about it: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/4/16735206/luke-rockhold-georges-st-pierre-should-move-along-from-middleweight

what a clown.  Yea its his fault his colon and intestine don't work properly and cause him insane amounts of pain, cramping and inordinate amounts of time on the can..

might as well insult handicapped kids and war vets while hes at it.

31 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

what a clown.  Yea its his fault his colon and intestine don't work properly and cause him insane amounts of pain, cramping and inordinate amounts of time on the can..

might as well insult handicapped kids and war vets while hes at it.

hes been a bleepity bleep since he chin charged bisping and turned the easiest fight ever into a L. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hope GSP is ok. Also wouldnt might him fight some super fights, more old guys. I dont need to see him against woodley or a murderer at MW.  This is one of the few cases that a money fight is fine with me. He has nothing to prove with his legacy. 

The ufc on the weekend was pretty good. Man I legit worried about some horrid news after overeem got KTFO.  Notice NO ONE is chirping ngannou too :lol: The HW division has been soo maligned and close from champion to contenders for soo long any time any one put forth a big win guys would be chirping. Not now, freaking crickets. Thats a bad man right there. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

hes been a bleepity bleep since he chin charged bisping and turned the easiest fight ever into a L. 

Hope GSP is ok. Also wouldnt might him fight some super fights, more old guys. I dont need to see him against woodley or a murderer at MW.  This is one of the few cases that a money fight is fine with me. He has nothing to prove with his legacy. 

The ufc on the weekend was pretty good. Man I legit worried about some horrid news after overeem got KTFO.  Notice NO ONE is chirping ngannou too :lol: The HW division has been soo maligned and close from champion to contenders for soo long any time any one put forth a big win guys would be chirping. Not now, freaking crickets. Thats a bad man right there. 

hah ya so true.. I agree with GSP.. he came back, he shut up his critics.. if he wanted to parlay his career into super fights, I'd be happy to see him ride off into the sun-set..

ya the HW division has been a laughing stock ever since... what, the ultimate fighter 2? Lol.  they tried to re-stock it and my god, jobbers galore.  its nice to see some real fighters again.

Just now, SPuDS said:

hah ya so true.. I agree with GSP.. he came back, he shut up his critics.. if he wanted to parlay his career into super fights, I'd be happy to see him ride off into the sun-set..

ya the HW division has been a laughing stock ever since... what, the ultimate fighter 2? Lol.  they tried to re-stock it and my god, jobbers galore.  its nice to see some real fighters again.

Yeah idk HW has often been a joke. Maybe the worst division over all in history.  A lot of guys I would have fought for a good pastrami on rye. Ngannou i wouldnt fight short of full football gear. maybe not even then xD 

Volkov, blaydes, but especially lewis and ngannou have the division alive and bumping. Idk if it has ever had soo much good young blood. Cains won once since 2013 and was ranked no3. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah idk HW has often been a joke. Maybe the worst division over all in history.  A lot of guys I would have fought for a good pastrami on rye. Ngannou i wouldnt fight short of full football gear. maybe not even then xD 

Volkov, blaydes, but especially lewis and ngannou have the division alive and bumping. Idk if it has ever had soo much good young blood. Cains won once since 2013 and was ranked no3. 

I agree.. when the fight cards were HW dominant... my god they were horrible to watch. (and I was still paying for PPV's then!)  then it got decent for a bit there with like you said, Cain and the Nogs and struve and fighters in that small time frame.    when it was all Mir, Sylvia, Nelson et all.. what a horror story... 3 mins of action followed by 12 mins of lay and pray or horribly thrown strikes that burned them out worse then if they didn't throw at all..

On 12/5/2017 at 5:40 PM, SPuDS said:

I agree.. when the fight cards were HW dominant... my god they were horrible to watch. (and I was still paying for PPV's then!)  then it got decent for a bit there with like you said, Cain and the Nogs and struve and fighters in that small time frame.    when it was all Mir, Sylvia, Nelson et all.. what a horror story... 3 mins of action followed by 12 mins of lay and pray or horribly thrown strikes that burned them out worse then if they didn't throw at all..

Here is hoping that the young blood HWs bring the best quality of fight we have seen in the divisions history. These guys are mostly right around the peak age for HWs so next year could be the year of the HW division in the ufc.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:26 AM, Brandon said:

So GSP is officially vacating the middleweight belt...  is anyone surprised?

Nope, but I am a bit relieved. I had a small gnawing fear gsp would agree to be thrown to some vicious wolves. 

Not mma, but Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko  tonight. This is the big one for me this year (boxing wise)  not a lot brings me back to boxing any more.  This, and maybe one day wilder vs joshua.