Happy Jets @ Singin' Da Blues

IC Khari

He definitely hinted at that mentioning he needs to sign the rfas. Ladd will be traded soon I think.  Week or so. Unless and this is a big unless.... unless Ladd is willing to come down with his ask. Don't think he is.

Also.... need to mention him... again. 

Armia... what a game. So much talent. If or when he learns how to finish ... look out. Guy Def has top 6 potential. My guess.. he replaces Stafford in a year or 2 and joins the top 6. Really solid player getting better and better every game 

Couldn't agree more on Armia, he has great positioning in the D zone and is a tenacious back checker... he's paid his dues in the minors and sure doesn't look out of place out there. A top 6 of Wheeler, Armia, Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor and Little looks nice in 2 years. If we finish as low as I think we will, we can add yet another forward to that group. We need to finish poorly.

You know. I can see it now. Jets make a run but end up missing the playoffs. They are scheduled to pick at let's say pick 8. 

Jets win the draft lottery .

The top 3 picks are all decided this year via lottery balls. 

Every team who misses the playoffs has a chance to pick top 3. Slim for some. Not so much for others. 

I've learned something a bit with the draft gods. They don't like teams who tank on purpose. Leafs. Blue Jackets. Etc. Only the oilers but they aren't doing it on purpose 

Edited by Goalie

not many thi nk that........every article I have read has Matthews in first and some say he would have been 2nd in the last draft.

Chevy has stockpiled the cupboards and continues to do so. If we need a LHD, he'll get one. I like Trouba on the left side and for this reason he will probably not be traded this off-season. I'd like to see Hamonic here next year and if they added someone like Barzal but that's unlikely to happen. I still think he ends up here this off-season.

Myers Enstrom For Hamonic De Haan and a 1st. That's an interesting trade right there. Isles might do it.

I'm almost convinced enstrom is traded and soon. Just a gut feeling. Makes 2 much for what he does 

Throw in Ladd and I'd still do it. 

Myers Toby Ladd for Hamonic De Haan and a 1st.

When Chevy makes trades they are blockbusters 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Myers Enstrom For Hamonic De Haan and a 1st. That's an interesting trade right there. Isles might do it.

I'm almost convinced enstrom is traded and soon. Just a gut feeling. Makes 2 much for what he does 

Throw in Ladd and I'd still do it. 

Myers Toby Ladd for Hamonic De Haan and a 1st.

When Chevy makes trades they are blockbusters 

If Chevy can talk the Isles into this deal, he would be considered the next Sammy Pollock.

Send a 30 year old UFA expecting to get 6m a year and having an off year, a D man making 5.5 on the cap hit and an older, small, D man at 5.75m a year for A very good shutdown D man on a good contract.....and a 21 year old D that plays over 20 minutes a game and makes under 2m for another year and is an RFA? Oh, and throw in a 1st too?????

17+m to the Isles with 5.5m coming back and they are about 4.5m away from the cap......I'd love it. It gives us their shutdown pairing for Enstrom and Myers.

Myers and Petan/2nd rounder for Hamonic is much more realistic.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

They are a good team 5 vs 5 tho. The tanking thing needs to die cuz they are 2 good 2 be bad. They win a few in a row and with the way the wild card teams are playing... who knows 

You're not the only one, but man there is a lot of flip flopping.  Its hilarious to watch Twitter after a win versus a loss.  The pysche of the fanbase goes from "this team sucks and needs to fire everyone and trade everyone and draft Auston" to "this team is so good and hard to play against and if they get in the playoffs look out". 

If Jets pick 1st overall, they will choose Matthews for sure.  After that, perhaps a LHD.  But if there is a sure-fire forward, you pick the best talent and then trade other assets to shore up weak points.  Morrissey's development and Toby having another year (or is it two) gives them time to decide on their Left Hand D, especially if Trouba remains there.

Glad to see Armia doing well.  I remember when that trade happened and everyone was talking about Lemieux and I read up a bit on Armia and saw he was compared to Selanne without the top end skill.  Places called him a sleeper pick etc.  What a fleecing that trade was...

EDIT: What did Chevy say regarding Ladd??

Edited by The Unknown Poster