Game 51 : Category 5 Hurricanes @ Jets

Agreed with Ducky thar Burmi is a 4th liner at best. Sorry but he has no offensive finish at all. He's a good checker tho... but has zero finish. Same with Lowry. Belongs on the 4th line. Right now I'd trade Burmi for just about anything at this time cuz the guys just not good. Yeah he can dangle but so what.... he can't finish. 

Do you really believe that?  You need to understand that Frolik didn't want to be here and Frolik or Stempniak or whatever guy people wanna throw out from last year who isn't here this year doesn't make this team go from tied for 2nd last to a playoff spot. The team has bigger issues. Jets were rumored to have actually offered Frolik more money than Calgary did. He didn't want to be here. Hey. Look we are tied with Calgary for 2nd last. He's sure helping them isn't he?  

Edited by Goalie

Can't blame helle 2 much.  Carolina came out and dominated us at home. Jets looked unprepared and like it or not... it's on the coach. And players but coming ouy flat like that is on the coach. Awesome coaching breaking up ESW and putting stu back with trouba. Joke really. 

Edited by Goalie

I dknt get caught up in coaching too much because Maurice ain't going anywhere no matter what.  I would like to know some of his decision making though. It seems a lot of coaches revert to what their used to or what used to work when there is adversity such as this team used to always go right back to LLW

was Ehlers playing poorly, perhaps coach punishing him by taking him off that line. 

i could also see a veteran coaching saying millionaire pro athletes need to self motivate and be prepared. 

Everyone on that team knows it's over. What do they have to play for? Pride. Some lack in that area. 

Helle kicked the rebound on a soft shot right to a Cane...he had a bad night night but my god what about Buff, Myers, Trouba and Stuart?????????? They should give the Jets fans in attendance their money back for their play so far. Disgusting. I think Hutchinson was going to get a shot tomorrow and this has kinds screwed things up. Armia playing like a rookie out there today too.....just awful.

Armia played a lot better the final 2 periods. Maurice was really playing with his lines and it was hard to keep up tonight.

I just can't stress enough how much we have to try to get a really high draft pick this year. We are in a good place to take Matthews at number one. A team with him as 1C and Scheifele as 2C will be hard to defend against. It could set us up to be serious contenders for years. We need more of a re-tool with an eye on the younger players instead of a full bore rebuild.

Trade Ladd as soon as possible to help the tank and retain 50% of his salary to ease the financial burden on the other team. If another team will take Stuart, Thorburn and/or Burmistrov off of our hands, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, let them go. Burmi shouldn't be more than a 4th liner and PKer but even then I don't know. Armia is tall framed and he plays with a long stick. He has killed penalties most of his career. I think he and probably Copp should be looked at on the PK.

Trouba will be lucky to get $3 million avg at this rate.  Terrible decision making in the last few games... then again, most of the Jets D fall into that category... Toby I refuse to shoot Enstrom, Myers spends more time behind the oppositions net than in front of his own, Buff makes up for his mistakes by trying sometimes and Stuart is just awful and slow.

YESSSSSSSSSS....CBJ wins.

Trouba had another rough game but he wasn't alone. This is good for Chevy's leveraging him into a bridge deal.

Didn't notice Scheif a lot today.

Myers was horrid.

People can defend Stuart all they want on here but he is at best, a 7/8 D man and should make about 1.25m a year. I don't care how good of  a leader he is in the dressing room. This team needs to move on from him and the sooner the better.

Helle has been average at best the last couple of games.

I'm not near as high on Lowry as I was a year ago. I'm not saying trade him but his play is not at the same level as last year.

Hutch was good enough to get the nod tomorrow night (I didn't think I would ever say that again). Remind Helle there are other goalies on the team. Might be good to take a mental break too. He's a good goalie but let Hutch play and maybe let other teams see what he's got.

Did Bryan Little play tonight?

Burmi=4th line........sorry for repeating myself but for 1.55m per year, he can stay on the 4th. Give Copper a look on the 3rd. He deserves it more than Burmi. Ya, I know, he scored a goal tonight but he doesn't impress me much. A bit overpaid and I would deal him to make room for someone with a future with the team (Armia) and move on.

Armia sucked bag in the first but picked it up. I see a future 2nd liner with the Jets. At worst, a 3rd liner that kills penalties and maybe even sees some PP time. Tomorrow? No, but in the near future.

If Buff re-signs, Myers needs to go. Let Trouba play with Enstrom and Buff play with Hamonic. Myers and whatever else it takes and get it done in the offseason. Don't tell me how good his contract is because I don't want to hear how much his salary is, I want to hear what his caphit is. 5.5m per for Myers is too much for the Jets.  Hamonic is 3.857m per year  and saves 1.643m on the cap.  1.643 and Buff's current 5.2 is 6.843 and that is only about 400k a year off of signing Buff. 6 years x 7.25m per year for 43.5m... do it Chevy!