Game 51 : Category 5 Hurricanes @ Jets

Trouba won't be going anywhere with what they will be paying him. He isn't getting any big ling term contract. No way Chevy ties up big money in him after the last two seasons. Give him a two year bridge and by then you will know if you have your franchise D man or not.

I still say you don't trade Enstrom with what is left on the left side. Is Morrissey ready to be called up? We're tanking anyway, give him some big pay checks and let's see what he's got.

Same as De Leo. I'm not saying play him for the next 30 games. Give him 2 or 3 weeks with the big club and let him travel with the team and get the big money and see what it is like.

Give him some added motivation and add to the tank.

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think if buff signs trouba will be the one going. He'd get more than myers but I also think that they WILL trade Enstrom instead and keep Buff Trouba and Myers 

I was against trading trouba but lawless made it make a lot of sense. Sure he might end up way better than Hamonic but he also might not. And Hamonic is a lot better right now. Still going. Great ckntract. And wants to be here. If you have other high end D men then it starts to make sense. Losing Trouba sucks but if it means Hamonic is coming in then it sucks a lot less. 

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was against trading trouba but lawless made it make a lot of sense. Sure he might end up way better than Hamonic but he also might not. And Hamonic is a lot better right now. Still going. Great ckntract. And wants to be here. If you have other high end D men then it starts to make sense. Losing Trouba sucks but if it means Hamonic is coming in then it sucks a lot less. 

Isles would probably have to add to Hamonic.  Maybe Strome... maybe a 1st. Maybe both. Hard to say exactly. But I think trouba for Hamonic is a bad trade unless the isles are adding a 1st at the very least. I'm starting to think Trouba will never be as good as some people want him to be. I think his off ice issues are very real. I think he is over valuing himself big time. Buff Myers Hamonic is fine with me. 

Edited by Goalie

I'd take Brock Nelson also instead of Strome. From Warroad. Pretty much minny border town. Actually when younger we played a tournament there. I'd trade trouba for sure. If he don't want to be here... move his ass out. That's what it comes down 2 for me. Who knows what he wants tho. 

Edited by Goalie

Can't see the Islanders trading Hamonic until season is over.

Would like to see Ladd, Enstrom, Stafford, Stuart, Pavelec, Thorbs all traded to cusp teams like Jersey, Pitts, Bruins...   blow it up, load up on picks and prospects.  Send Burmistrov to Moose, call up Halischuk

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler

Perrault-Little-Lowry

Armia-Connor-Petan

Lemieux-Copp-Harkins

Trouba-Buff

Chiarot-Myers

Morrissey-Kostalek

... go thru another crap year, get another high pick or two and then start winning.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Trouba gets you Hamonic for sure. 1 for 1. I'm just saying I'm not sure I'd do that trade tho. Isles add a 1st and I do.

Agreed no way one for one and the Isle's would have to add, but i would like to see Trouba play 300-400 games berfore making a huge finacial obligation to him or trading him, remember Hamonic has asked for a trade  and wants to play here but lets not go crazy giving up a guy people thought would be the anchor of our d for years to come

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lot of peeps would say Ham better then Trouba atm.

I agree but the upside for Trouba is greater. That's the risk. He might never reach that potential. If he does then keeping him is the right call. But you never know. Plus the other factors of someone who might want to leave or make demands versus someone who wants to be here. And ham is a great player with a great contract. It might be worth having a lesser player at a lesser deal be part of a better core group long term.